REVIEW: New OP and ED "Become an Arrow! 2013" & "Sakura-Go-Round!" - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New OP and ED "Become an Arrow! 2013" & "Sakura-Go-Round!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: New OP and ED "Become an Arrow! 2013" & "Sakura-Go-Round!"

Filb has HD version of both openings now. N seems to be watching the battle between Cheren and Satoshi, I wasn't sure if he would really tag along for most of this saga but I guess it is happening. Will N get a more human-like look in his eyes or will he keep his creepy, dead eyes? Only his ophthalmologist nows.

Am I the only one who finds it kinda strange that between all those Unova Pokémon in N's scenes there is a Guardevoir for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it kinda strange that between all those Unova Pokémon in N's scenes there is a Guardevoir for some reason?
    Gardevoir is N's mother. There were three Growlithe, too.

Is this the first time they used actual episode footage in an opening? Oshawott's Aqua Jet for example is clearly from his battle against Palpitoad in BW032.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of the animation seems to be taken from previous episodes that had nothing to do with Episode N. I'm surprised that Pignite wasn't featured in this remixed opening, though. Team Plasma and Liepard were seen attacking a city (maybe Castelia) during the new opening, so there might be episodes in the future that deal with a similar plotline as the scrapped TR vs. TP episodes.

The one thing that surprised me in the opening was that Jessie and Meowth were paired together twice while James was alone. Meowth was standing on Jessie's shoulder when TRio and Looker confronted the Team Plasma grunts, and Jessie and Meowth had their own little screen.

The ending surprised me too. I didn't think that Scraggy would be replaced with Charizard, but whatever.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Gardevoir is N's mother. There were three Growlithe, too.
    ... I'm okay with Gardevoir appearing. It appearing in those two Pokemon crowd scenes made me like the ending even more. I... I am such an obvious Gardevoir fan, aren't I? ;_;

Anyway, the opening theme I liked. I really don't care if they used a small bit of stock footage in it, it was still a good opening theme. Charizard's appearance was neat. Not because I'm blinded by Charizard Love, but because it is fun to see an old face again. It gives you an inkling of desire that Ash uses some more of his older Pokemon sometime, but that's highly unlikely.

This almost felt like a dub opening with clips from episodes in it.

One thing I must point out, its safe to say we likely won't be seeing any cameos of Ash's older friends for the rest of the generation. There were NO scenes of Ash's older travel companions at all. I guess that seals Brock's fate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I guess that seals Brock's fate.
    And Giovanni's, by your logic. I guess that Team Rocket won't have any reason to leave, then.

I guess that seals Brock's fate.
    And Giovanni's, by your logic. I guess that Team Rocket won't have any reason to leave, then.
    The point is there's no old character montage. This is actually the first generation where Misty did not get an appearance in one of the openings. She was in a few of the AG openings and in High Touch. I knew this would happen, and I guess its safe to say there will be no cameos from older companions.

The point is there's no old character montage. This is actually the first generation where Misty did not get an appearance in one of the openings. She was in a few of the AG openings and in High Touch. I knew this would happen, and I guess its safe to say there will be no cameos from older companions.
    I guess it is safe to say that Team Rocket won't get the big finale that you were hoping for.

I guess it is safe to say that Team Rocket won't get the big finale that you were hoping for.
    They went back to the Kanto motto, and they're paired with Looker in the opening making it look like they're on the road to redemption.

They went back to the Kanto motto, and they're paired with Looker in the opening making it look like they're on the road to redemption.
    The recent episode showed no hint of a redemption arc. As for working alongside Looker, they've done it before for selfish reasons. Plus, they could keep helping Looker arrest villains all over the world.

Blog Entries

Isn't the lesson to gain that there's no link between an appearance in the opening and the real chance of appearing in the anime?

I certainly hope the opening isn't conclusive on who appears - Bianca, Georgia and Burgundy especially - I fully expect them all to reappear, but they aren't in the opening. This opening is extremely tightly focused on the main storyline - there's almost nothing that is in it that we can't point to an episode about.

It doesn't seem that Zekrom, Kyurem, the Shadow Triad or any of the six sages will appear in this arc, which is really odd considering that the writers need all the material they can get to do something worthwhile in 8-9 months.
    I kind of expected Kyurem and the Six Sages to get the shaft (especially the former since neither Rayquaza or Giratina got a tv debut in their respective villain arc), but the Shadow Triad surprises me since they're pretty important in BW2. Zekrom I get the feeling it will still appear since it did have a couple minor appearances beforehand and they could pull a BW and have it show up at the last minute. Besides, I can't see them completely screwing over one mascot for the other.

Speaking of Reshiram, from the intro it looked like it was under Ghetsis' control, is it possible that they're giving it Kyurem's BW2 storyline on top of being N's choice?
    Last edited by Zweilous; 17th January 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I died of feels when I saw Team Rocket scenes from the OP <3

And why yes, I posted this post just to see how my sexy avatar looks in the forums.
    My sci-fi comic DREAMVERSE
    Updated weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Isn't the lesson to gain that there's no link between an appearance in the opening and the real chance of appearing in the anime?

I certainly hope the opening isn't conclusive on who appears - Bianca, Georgia and Burgundy especially - I fully expect them all to reappear, but they aren't in the opening. This opening is extremely tightly focused on the main storyline - there's almost nothing that is in it that we can't point to an episode about.
    Why would the BW rivals appear? They've all been wrapped up via the league.

And it does point a sign given Dawn was in the last opening. We're likely not getting any other older cameos this arc.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast