6 10.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Name a trainer that you'd hate to lose to in the anime

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Name a trainer that you'd hate to lose to in the anime

I'm adding Trip as well. I would never ever accept a loss against a kid who lost in the first round of the Unova Leage

Follow Bironicus On Twitter
    Visit Bironicus's Youtube Channel

I'd hate to lose to Trip. He wouldn't boast about it but he'd just torment me and it would be really annoying. But other then that, I'd not enjoy losing to Gary. He'd just be all "Blah blah blah I beat you blah blah blah you suck blah blah blah I'm so much cooler than you blah blah blah" ''Grouchy face''

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not necessarily hate, but i would dislike ending beat by Cameron. He is officially dumbest, most absent minded and disorganized character i saw in this show. Im not too keen on losing to someone who don't even comprehend basic rules of how league works, where it takes place and apparently thinks how full battles are compound of five vs five pokemon.

Never mind fact that he didn't display any extraordinary abilities during battles with his win against Ash being one of luckiest and cheapest comebacks so far with imprudence of forgetting to bring 6th pokemon not costing him anything. Being accompanied with last minute evolution of Riolu who basically saved his ass.

Its mind blowing that he ever managed to collect such pokemon team in first place.

Dawn falls under category of trainers i wouldn't be too comfortable to lose against either. Aside from Mamoswine, most pokemon in her team being cute, little plushies were pretty mediocre in strength not being something to write home about in my book. As teams yes, but in single one on one battles not so much.

Likewise most of her experience comes from contests appeal rounds and how to make attacks look flashy, and it would be rather scornful to my credibility and knowledge to be defeated by someone who barely has any experience in trainer battles with lack of raw strength in her team and straightforward approach reflecting this even further.

I also would dislike to lose against Trip, being shallow and too one dimensional in characterization to make me care even remotely about him. Aside from his hobby of photographing and having traits of xenophobia which was never even explored, he falls under cliched generic archetype of static characters which are usually "one step ahead from main hero"and go through basic growth of learning how "power isn't everything".

Like there doesn't exist ton of other different ways to develop someone.

Not to mention he was portrayed as average, subpar trainer regularly dropping early from all competitions he entered only relying on his first and most experienced pokemon Serperior who was overpowered anyway. Which is only characteristic of bad trainer, because to become successful and come far you need to invest in all of your pokemon working on their strength to have back up and variety to choose from. Instead of relying only on one strong powerhouse hoping it wont faint, netting him lose already in first round of league.

TR is pretty self explanatory too, being terrible for most part as trainers and i would pretty much abandon my calling as trainer forever if i lost against them and got destitute of my pokemon while were at it. In fact i would start question myself where did i went wrong to become so bad, that even most pathetic trainers can defeat me.

Trip, he is one of the worst characters of all time purely because he shows little emotion but whenever he does he's cocky. He had zero character development and is overpowered to the masses. No one should lose to him again.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

I would be ashamed of losing to the following:

Tracey
    Misty's sisters (maybe not Daisy)
    Casey
    Ritchie
    Dawn
    Burgundy
    Bianca
    BW Ash
    May
    Cameron
    Team Rocket (perhaps the worst of all)
    Last edited by speedingbulletbill; 5th December 2013 at 06:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Is it really disturbing that all chars listed are Gen 5?

Burgundy: Obvious.
    Chili: He is the only Trainer who ever lost to Burgundy...
    Georgia: I just want her to lose gainst me and start blaming the zodiac, the Chinese zodiac, the 2012 doomsdays, or everyone else for her loss...

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Team Rocket, Ash (BW), Cameron (no matter if he has a full team or less than that), Bianca, most COTDs, Burgundy.

Team Rocket (Jesse and James) but more specifically, their meowth. Their meowth isn't exactly the best Pokemon out there. I'd feel pretty bad if I lost to it.
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Iris, particularly during that tournament when Dragonite wasn't listening to her but plowed through everything. I'd be thinking the same thing as Georgia did, how ridiculous it is for Iris to advance when she had nothing to do with the wins. Plus she's just such an annoying character to begin with, I wouldn't even want to be in a match with her in the first place.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

If I were a trainer in the anime, I'd hate to lose to Team Rocket, due to the fact that they'd steal all of my Pokemon afterwards and I'd be pretty helpless to go back after them. Also I wouldn't want to lose to Burgundy. She would brag, yell, scream, and even rub it in my face after winning. That sure would be hard on the ears.

I wouldn't want to lose to any rivals in general, since they are rivals afterall and I'd be more into defeating them than any other characters.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Team Plasma
    A few CoTDs
    Tobias
    Stephan
    Ursula
    Zoey
    Kenny

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

For me, every single CotD and minor characters, and all the anime main characters, villains and rivals.

The only one I can withstand to lose will merely be the Champions (Note: the game champion characters, not the anime original characters that wins the regional league of each saga), the Elite Four, and some of the truly skilled Gym Leaders.

Well, that basically means 99% of the anime characters. Really!!! Man! Because 99% of these characters seldom or even never trained their Pokemons. Even if there are ones who had trained their Pokemon, they seldom or even never had good battle tactic minds that can think up any creative strategies that makes battle interesting and competitive, and gives oneself an advantage. Well, half of it is due to the anime graphics, but still, 99% of the battles are badly executed, from creative story writing PoV, in-game mechanic adaption PoV, anime-original PoV, realistic PoV, even the physical dynamic PoV!

If I am a trainer in the anime canon Pokemon World, I had enough confident that I'll come up with much more effective and creative strategies that will always puts me in advantage. I never ever instruct my Pokemon with such stupid commands like "Attack! Attack!! Attack!!!", "I'm trusting you, pal.", "Dodge! Good!! Now attack!", nor just directly command the Pokemon with the simple "**insert Pokemon name**, use **insert move name**!!".
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Blog Entries

Paul and Trip because they're complete jerks. Atleast until near the end of that particular journey, and Ash and Team rocket because I'd simply be pissed as hell to lose to such annoying people.
    Joseph Korczakowski, Forum Animaniac.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

That Samurai trainer from episode 4
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Paul and Trip because they'd scold you for being a noob and a bad Trainer.

Team Rocket because you'd be a total idiot if you lost to them, seriously.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast