Name of magazine with previews?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name of magazine with previews?

Default Name of magazine with previews?

Hey guys-

What is the name of the (Japanese) magazine that features episode previews like this? http://i.imgur.com/TJlJU.jpg
    Additionally, is it possible to find older issues of it? I'd love to get some pages featuring Alder, Burgundy, Langley, etc but I'm not really sure where to start.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Name of magazine with previews?

I think that's either CoroCoro or Pokemon Fan. Those are the magazines I usually hear about in conjunction with Pokemon spoilers, anyway.

Those pages are from Pokemon Fan.

The Corocoro magazines don't really cover the TV series either.
    So.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

If you want to import issues of Pokemon Fan then your best bet would be to try your luck on ebay. Though be warned: the previews are quite cool-looking, but they only make up a small portion of what you actually get in each issue. It's mostly just a catalogue for current merchandising promotions, more or less. :p

Ah, thanks for the info. Though does Pokefan have previews for every episode, since they seem to only have 25 issues out so far? And if so, which issue would probably have screens from "Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! "?
    Last edited by Joshpho; 16th November 2012 at 01:19 PM.

let's go on an adventure, friend!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshpho View Post
    Ah, thanks for the info. Though does Pokefan have previews for every episode, since they seem to only have 25 issues out so far? And if so, which issue would probably have screens from "Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! "?
    Sadly, I don't think Langley's debut episode ever received a preview in Pokemon Fan - I have issues 16-18, which cover the period in which it first aired in Japan, and I can't see any pictures from it. Only a few issues of Pokemon Fan are released per year (I think it may be bi-monthly, but I'm not sure), so not every episode gets covered, just the ones which they want to hype up at the time.

If it's Langley you're interested in, then issue 18 has a few pages on the Don Tournament with some nice pictures, including a mini-profile for each of the rivals and their pokemon. It might be one to look out for.

Ah, thank you for the info again! I really appreciate it.

The issue 18 with the mini-profiles sounds pretty promising - would you consider selling that page, or the whole issue? (If not, do you think you could provide a picture?) Thanks again ^^

(Do you see anything featuring Burgundy or Alder, btw? Or perhaps Elesa/Skyla?)
    Last edited by Joshpho; 16th November 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    If you want to import issues of Pokemon Fan then your best bet would be to try your luck on ebay. Though be warned: the previews are quite cool-looking, but they only make up a small portion of what you actually get in each issue. It's mostly just a catalogue for current merchandising promotions, more or less. :p
    To be very specific, this is what you'll find in a typical Pokemon Fan issue.
    So.

Blog Entries

The issue 18 with the mini-profiles sounds pretty promising - would you consider selling that page, or the whole issue? (If not, do you think you could provide a picture?) Thanks again ^^

I'd sooner hang onto my issues of Pokemon Fan, but I can certainly provide you with a picture. Here are the pages with the character profiles:

As you can see, Burgundy's there. :)

I'd sooner hang onto my issues of Pokemon Fan, but I can certainly provide you with a picture. Here are the pages with the character profiles:

As you can see, Burgundy's there. :)
    Those look amazing! So it's definitely this issue?
    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/Pokemon_Fan_Magazine-Issue_18
    Last edited by Joshpho; 19th November 2012 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Pok
    Yep, that's the one.^^

Another place you could try is the PKMNcollectors community upon Livejournal. It's possible that something might show up on there. :)

Pok
    Yep, that's the one.^^

Another place you could try is the PKMNcollectors community upon Livejournal. It's possible that something might show up on there. :)

Awesome, thanks ^^

By the way, do you know if any issues feature a preview for the junior cup battle episodes? I know that was a pretty big event so I was thinking the April or August issues might contain it ^^
    Oh and finally, does this this issue feature a lot of Alder or the subway bros (if you own it?) Sorry for all the questions; I'm ordering some issues off Amazon JP so I'm just deciding the best issues to get.
    4910047131017.jpg

Blog Entries

Pok
    Yep, that's the one.^^

Awesome, thanks ^^

By the way, do you know if any issues feature a preview for the junior cup battle episodes? I know that was a pretty big event so I was thinking the April or August issues might contain it ^^
    Oh and finally, does this this issue feature a lot of Alder or the subway bros (if you own it?) Sorry for all the questions; I'm ordering some issues off Amazon JP so I'm just deciding the best issues to get.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4910047131017.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	81781
    The only issues I have are 16, 17 & 18, so I can't personally vouch for what's in the others, I'm afraid (though I'm guessing whichever issue coincided with the summer of 2012 is likely to contain something on the Junior Cup). I'm glad you were able to find some issues on Amaon JP. :)

Issue 24 covers the Junior Cup. 4 pages of material, with a huge 2-page spread advertising the Hikari-Iris battle.

Oh and finally, does this this issue feature a lot of Alder or the subway bros (if you own it?)
    It has a full one-page illustration of Adeku and a 2-page spread advertising Satoshi and Dent VS the Subway Masters.
    So.

The only issues I have are 16, 17 & 18, so I can't personally vouch for what's in the others, I'm afraid (though I'm guessing whichever issue coincided with the summer of 2012 is likely to contain something on the Junior Cup). I'm glad you were able to find some issues on Amaon JP. :)
    No worries! Thanks again for all of your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post

Issue 24 covers the Junior Cup. 4 pages of material, with a huge 2-page spread advertising the Hikari-Iris battle.

Oh and finally, does this this issue feature a lot of Alder or the subway bros (if you own it?)
    It has a full one-page illustration of Adeku and a 2-page spread advertising Satoshi and Dent VS the Subway Masters.
    Thank you so much Adamant! Do you think you could get some images of said pages?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast