Mysterious video about Misty! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mysterious video about Misty!

Default Re: Mysterious video about Misty!

While I doubt she's Ash and Misty's daughter, it's sure fun to imagine she is. It's also nice seeing glimpses of what the anime could have been...

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

What's odd is that this trailer has never been made available on any of the movie's home video releases. The VHS of the theatrical version of the movie didn't have it, none of the DVDs have it, the Blu-ray doesn't have it...so I'm guessing this was recorded directly off TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    Don't forget that the trailer was created before the Porygon incident.
    No, this was made after the Porygon incident. The final screen - the one that shows the movie's title and the release date of July, also includes that text at the bottom of the screen assuring parents that the film wasn't going to contain any "extreme scenes" (translation: scenes that will trigger seizures) that all the other trailers for the movie had.

2) Mewtwo escaped from Giovanni in the Viridian gym episode, but even in the final version of the movie, the main plot occurred at an unspecified point in time. Shudo could have originally intended for the New Island event to take place after the Indigo League, which technically might even be the case in the final version (although it probably took place during Ash's training for the league).
    If the "Pokemon Shock" incident had never happened and the show didn't have a four month hiatus, then "Rival Showdown! The Orchid Laboratory" ("Showdown at the Poké-Corral") would have aired the week before the movie came out. We know this by taking the date that the episode actually ended up airing on - October 8th, 1998 - and subtracting four months - the amount of time the show was on hiatus.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 5th December 2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 24th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    If the "Pokemon Shock" incident had never happened and the show didn't have a four month hiatus, then "Rival Showdown! The Orchid Laboratory" ("Showdown at the Poké-Corral") would have aired the week before the movie came out. We know this by taking the date that the episode actually ended up airing on - October 8th, 1998 - and subtracting four months - the amount of time the show was on hiatus.
    The movie was released on July 18th, so if anything it was supposed to be sandwiched between "Go West Young Meowth" and "To Master the Onixpected!" which aired four months later. But I don't see how we can be sure that the writing wasn't affected by the incident, or more importantly the delay of Gold and Silver. There were a lot of filler episodes we could have done without between the Viridian Gym episode and the Indigo League.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I actually figured this all out back when I did the comparison for the Porygon episode on my site a while ago.

So I was one episode off, but still.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 24th, 2014

My theory about the video is that Ash is possibly dead. I'm guessing the movie takes place years after the events of the series where Misty is telling the story in flashbacks, about the events that happened with Mewtwo, which was possibly leading up to Ash's death.

I doubt that the kid would be Ash's and Misty's though, cuz I csn't see Misty getting pregnant when she's only 10 XD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234