Movie timeline, BW2DA summary and the worldwide release.

View Poll Results: Will the XY anime start earlier than usual because the worldwide release?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 16.67%
  • No

7 38.89%
  • I'm 50/50

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Movie timeline, BW2DA summary and the worldwide release.

Blog Entries

Default Movie timeline, BW2DA summary and the worldwide release.

Today we know the general summary of the BW2DA arc of the anime. In it we know that Ash and co. (Iris and Cilan) are returning to Kanto in boat and in the process they are visiting these islands.

And there isn't any plot to do in this saga, meaning that this part of the series will be short. With this, the series could end at the end of the summer as far as we know.

Other things that bugs me is the timeline of the next movie in the canon. We know that this movie will take in place in April when the movie airs in July as usual. In the past few years, they're in consistences witht he anime and the movies like:
    -2010. The movie was supposed to be before the league but the September release caused that the first two episodes of the league aired first.
    -2011. If the plans goes as scheduled, tey will air at the corrct time. But the earthquake messed up the schedule.
    -2012. When the writers made the M15 they thought that the games were release in September (reason: only BW1 pokemon in M15). Of course, Season 2 (and Cynthia, Dawn) didn't exist then.

But this year te movie happens just after the N's arc ends making little sense what the things the writers are doing in July in the anime. But we know something more...

-We know that the games are going to get worldwide released in the same month in October. This things is clearly known by the fans, but this other thing isn't...

-In Episode N, the gap between Japan and USA will be of 3 months. And I notice this: In the case that the dub airs one episode every week the episode where the movie takes place will air soon after the movie premiers in Japan. But there's more...

The movie is tied to different events where they distribute different pokemon. This events (Mewtwo and another) will be distributed to the Gen V games. In normal conditions, the events could happen when the Gen VI games are about to release.

And although it's minor I think that the writters intended to do the movie for April. But this can't happen because the movies air in Japan when the children doesn't have school for a longer time (summer).

With all the hints, I have a idea:
    -The movie will air in USA only a fews weeks after the movie premieres in Japan.
    -The Best Wishes series would end in Japan in August (or early-Septembre) and the XY starts will start in late-August or Early September, before the games came out.
    -The first episodes of XY will air oin USA when the games are released or just after the games' release. And countries like Canada and UK (and where it's possible) will air XY anime before the end of the year (at least the first episodes).

What do you think of this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Movie timeline, BW2DA summary and the worldwide release.

I highly doubt that the writers care all that much about the dub. Outside Japan, the anime just isn't important. Why would the writers want the movie to correspond to Episode N in the U.S. but not in Japan?

And there isn't any plot to do in this saga, meaning that this part of the series will be short. With this, the series could end at the end of the summer as far as we know.
    The series could also continue in Kanto for 8-10 more episodes. After all, the Decolora saga is being labeled as the "the return to Kanto and start of a new chapter".

-2012. When the writers made the M15 they thought that the games were release in September (reason: only BW1 pokemon in M15). Of course, Season 2 (and Cynthia, Dawn) didn't exist then.
    Or they just didn't want to have Dawn in the movie. Why would they be in the dark about B2W2's release date? They had to have known about it in December 2011 at the latest.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I took the "start of a new chapter" to be referencing how upon reaching Kanto, there will probably be a series of events leading up to Ash deciding to head towards Region VI, not a "chapter" taking place IN Kanto.

Anyway, there's no reason that the dub needs to begin XY Anime EXACTLY when the games come out...I mean, Ruby and Sapphire came out in March in America, and the dub anime of that didn't officially begin till November, about a full-year after RS was released in Japan.
    Joshawott likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I took the "start of a new chapter" to be referencing how upon reaching Kanto, there will probably be a series of events leading up to Ash deciding to head towards Region VI, not a "chapter" taking place IN Kanto.
    A new generation and a new chapter are two very different things.

Blog Entries

No, when I hear the term "a new chapter in so-and-so's adventure begins!", that usually signifies something major, not an eight-or-so episode arc that'd take place after the Dekora Islands Arc ends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    No, when I hear the term "a new chapter in so-and-so's adventure begins!", that usually signifies something major, not an eight-or-so episode arc that'd take place after the Dekora Islands Arc ends.
    The new chapter includes the Decolora saga; it will be roughly 21 episodes long in total. Episode N was referred to as a new chapter, and yet it only lasted 14 episodes.

Why you think that the Decolora saga is the beginning of a new generation is beyond me.

Blog Entries

I don't think the Decolora Saga is the beginning of a new generation, though. When did I say that?

As you can see, I'm interpreting the "new chapter" to be referencing what happens after they reach Kanto, which is heading towards Gen VI, just like after the Orange Islands, Ash returned to Kanto and then decided to head to Johto, a "new chapter" in his journey.

Blog Entries

But the Decolora saga, rather than what happens in Kanto, is the start of the new chapter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I highly doubt that the writers care all that much about the dub. Outside Japan, the anime just isn't important. Why would the writers want the movie to correspond to Episode N in the U.S. but not in Japan?
    The anime is important to the US at least. And the movie could tie to Episode N in the US because the events must happen before the new games are released.

The series could also continue in Kanto for 8-10 more episodes. After all, the Decolora saga is being labeled as the "the return to Kanto and start of a new chapter".
    Start oif new chapter = 25th April episode. The other possibility is going to Kanto like you thought.

Or they just didn't want to have Dawn in the movie. Why would they be in the dark about B2W2's release date? They had to have known about it in December 2011 at the latest.
    The movie is planned way before the episodes were planned. We know tat the movie takes place in BW1 because if it were planned for BW2 older pokemon will be in it. I think that the order of planning went like this:
    1. Pokemon Grey for Sep 2012. (BW release)
    2. Pokemon B2W2 for Sep 2012 (Early 2011)
    3. Movie 15 for July in BW timeline for July 2012. (05/2011)
    4. B2W2 moved top a June release date. Around that time, a warning to the anime that Gen V would end in 2013. (07/2011)
    5A. Meloetta short. (09/2012)
    5B. Meloetta' arc in the anime. (10/2012)
    6. Setting of the Meloetta arc, inclusion of the Kami Trio, Cynthia, Dragonite.. (11/2012)
    6B Junior Cup. (11/2012)
    7. Dawn. (12/2011).

I'm almost sure that: 1) The movie was supposed to happen in BW1. 2) The Meloetta short was produced later than the movie when the games are released in June and when Gamefreak told them to release Meloetta. 3) We know that in the Meloetta short, it wasn't planned that Dawn would be in it. and 4) makes sense to Dawn being planned last, because a) Cynthia appears in the games, b) the Kmai TRio appears in the games and c) we know that Dawn's settei is from DP unlike Cynthia settei (and any other settei). That explains why she didn't have new clothes in her cameo and why she doesn't have a role in the tournament. Because they planned her after the JUnior Cup, Cynthia and Dragonite.

Remember that my ideas ==/== pure facts.
    Last edited by Nymphia; 16th March 2013 at 06:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The anime is important to the US at least. And the movie could tie to Episode N in the US because the events must happen before the new games are released.
    That isn't a problem; Keldeo was distributed in the U.S. in October - two months before the Cartoon Network premiere of the movie. Meloetta could have also been distributed then if it hadn't been for Genesect.

Mewtwo and the second event (presumably the shiny Genesect) could easily be distributed in late September or early October regardless of the movie premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    That isn't a problem; Keldeo was distributed in the U.S. in October - two months before the Cartoon Network premiere of the movie. Meloetta could have also been distributed then if it hadn't been for Genesect.

Mewtwo and the second event (presumably the shiny Genesect) could easily be distributed in late September or early October regardless of the movie premiere.
    idont think he's talking about events for the games i think he's talking about the event of the moive

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Movies are always non-canon. Proof: M10 featured Alamos Contest, never mentioned in the anime.
    That is, M15 has nothing to do with season planning.

Off to XY...
    Worldwide game release is something new, and we have no idea of how will they plan the anime to get along with it. I think it's impossible to completely neutralize the 13 episode gap, so, the only way to go on is to keep the first 13 weeks of Gen 6 into BW.
    Still, this is the very first time it happens, so we can get surprised (like when they announced BW sequels instead of Grey...)

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Movies are always non-canon. Proof: M10 featured Alamos Contest, never mentioned in the anime.
    ... By that logic, there's a whole darn lot of filler episodes that shouldn't be called canon.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou
    Anyway, there's no reason that the dub needs to begin XY Anime EXACTLY when the games come out...I mean, Ruby and Sapphire came out in March in America, and the dub anime of that didn't officially begin till November, about a full-year after RS was released in Japan.
    I agree. They did air the first two episodes of AG in March to tie with the games, but the series didn't officially start until fall. Although, that was back when there was a much larger gap between the two versions and with the games being released worldwide, I think more people think that the X/Y anime should start right at the same time. I don't think that's really necessary when they could just air a couple of episodes as a special like they did with AG and DP. I doubt it would hurt either the games or the series to wait a few months until the dub of the X/Y series officially starts.

Just because the Contest was never mentioned in the anime makes the movie non-canon. The first, second, fourth and eighth movies are clearly canon due to the references to those movies in the series and aside from the Victini movie(s), there's no evidence that the other movies are non-canon.

BlueWartortle]Off to XY...
    Worldwide game release is something new, and we have no idea of how will they plan the anime to get along with it. I think it's impossible to completely neutralize the 13 episode gap, so, the only way to go on is to keep the first 13 weeks of Gen 6 into BW.
    Still, this is the very first time it happens, so we can get surprised (like when they announced BW sequels instead of Grey...)
    I agree. I doubt that they could significantly reduce the gap between the two versions and I just expect them to air the first couple of episodes as a special around the time the games are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou
    I agree. They did air the first two episodes of AG in March to tie with the games, but the series didn't officially start until fall. Although, that was back when there was a much larger gap between the two versions and with the games being released worldwide, I think more people think that the X/Y anime should start right at the same time. I don't think that's really necessary when they could just air a couple of episodes as a special like they did with AG and DP. I doubt it would hurt either the games or the series to wait a few months until the dub of the X/Y series officially starts.

Just because the Contest was never mentioned in the anime makes the movie non-canon. The first, second, fourth and eighth movies are clearly canon due to the references to those movies in the series and aside from the Victini movie(s), there's no evidence that the other movies are non-canon.

BlueWartortle]Off to XY...
    I agree. I doubt that they could significantly reduce the gap between the two versions and I just expect them to air the first couple of episodes as a special around the time the games are released.
    i dont agree. i think its clear that the dub has a chance to catch up. i dont think this saga will last that long i can see this lasting till july or possibly august. then going on a short hiatus. and before you start saying they wont do that 1 you dont know that 2 two months is not that bad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast