PREVIEW: Movie 17: The Cocoon of Destruction

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Movie 17: The Cocoon of Destruction

Default Movie 17: The Cocoon of Destruction

CoroCoro announced the title of the next Pokémon movie, The Cocoon of Destruction.

Movie Poster:

Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mega Evolutions will be featured.

It will be in Japanese theaters July 19th.

A teaser trailer will be shown on Oha Suta on Monday.
    Last edited by Meowstic; 12th December 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Movie 17: Broken Cocoon

Mega Evolution collector anybody?? Also do they seem kind of doll like or is it just me??

Or the trailer could be shown on Get TV. Also I hope Gurkinn is the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

What I'm wondering is why is there two different Mewtwo on the cover.

Are we going to get a total of four now? Or is this a third one that switches between both forms? Or could it be the one from the previous movie (and/or the first)?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Mega Evolution collector anybody?? Also do they seem kind of doll like or is it just me??
    Maybe it could be someone like that bad guy from Movie 2 (forgot his name - Lawrence or whatever?). Iirc, he wanted to capture the legendary birds as his collection - and eventually add Lugia as well.
    Maybe it could be a Mega evo collecting bad guy. Or, a Mega-Stone collector.

Blog Entries

The title and the page clearly emphasize Yveltal over Xerneas. I suspect that this is another dual movie, and that Xerneas will be focused on in another version revealed in February as was the case with Reshiram in Movie 14. Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y may be version-exclusive, never actually appearing together. Likewise for Charizard and possibly some random pairs of Mega Evolutions. Even though the Mega Evolutions being promoted may not all appear, six Mega Evolutions per movie version would be a reasonable amount.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th December 2013 at 02:45 AM.
    Yato, Darth Darkrai, 8ther and 1 others like this.

Blog Entries

Anyone here even like the idea of version exclusive movies? I saw both versions of the Vicitni movie and I felt that it was a waste of time.

Only good news from this is we can likely expect to see merchandise of Mega Evolutions. *_* Action figures, plushies, and basically anything you can think of.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I really hope that they aren't going for another version exclusive movies. I didn't really care for it with the Vicitni movie and I'd rather see them use that time, money and energy to create one movie, instead of two versions of the same movie.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I really hope that they aren't going for another version exclusive movies. I didn't really care for it with the Vicitni movie and I'd rather see them use that time, money and energy to create one movie, instead of two versions of the same movie.
    Me neither, those annoy me a lot. -_-

Blog Entries

Bulbapedia translates the title as The Coccoon of Destruction, which implies that Yveltal is the villain in some way..

Hopefully that isn't the case. I don't want Yveltal to be the "bad guy" that needs to be defeated by the "good guy" (which would be Xerneas I guess). YVELTAL YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Precision F Bomb Eternal Shadows's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or it's part of a trilogy. Dialga did get dome focus in The Sky Warrior, where Palkia didn't show.

Plus, XY focuses a lot less on differences, the novelty of Gen V.

Hope Amphrodite appears. Limone should've used it '3'
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Brazilian Jolteon Spark Eletran's Avatar
    Follow Spark Eletran On Twitter Add Spark Eletran on Facebook
    Visit Spark Eletran's Youtube Channel

I really, really, REALLY hope that this isn't just another dual movie. I also hope it's not a "Xerneas is the good guy and Yveltal is the bad guy", considering that, y'know, no direct conflict is ever stated to happen/have happened between the two in the games, and SPECIALLY since Yveltal doesn't really seem to be evil at all???? Like, sure it has a destructive nature, but that doesn't mean it's EVIL, it's just as much of a good guy as Xerneas.

Instead, I'm crossing my fingers for another trilogy-ish thing like the DP movies, maybe with one movie focusing more on each of the legends, though still having more than one appear. That'd mean like, first Destructive Coccoon/Coccoon of Destruction, then Creative(?) or Lively Tree/Tree of Life, and lastly... Uh, something. I've really got no idea for a name for that one.

Also, to be quite honest I... kinda doubt... That all of the Mega Evolutions shown will appear. I mean, sure, there'll be Megas... But having both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y in a movie, RIGHT AFTER another one where the Y form was just about the main focus? That'd be... kinda weird, really.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah that title logo plus the actual title suggests we're getting another duality thing going. I mean why feature Yveltal, but not Xerneas? And if Mega Evos are the focus, I wonder if the main event comes with Yvelite and Xernite, despite no code existing for them.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys think they might surprise us and give us the anime version of the AZ plot in the film here? I don't really see such a strange character appearing in the anime proper, but I could see him in a film---perhaps they'll hold off on Diancie and the special Floette will be the giveaway?

And then they can still do the Team Flare version of Yveltal/Xerneas in the proper anime, if they even plan to do it, since you could more or less remove AZ's actual involvement and basically keep things the same.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I think AZ is gonna be for the second movie, while they establish the legendaries first in this movie.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast