Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: The most BS fights in Pokemon

Blog Entries

Default Re: The most BS fights in Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKing View Post
    Ash vs pryce

Pikachu vs Piloswine

how did pikachu's electric attacks effect piloswine who is part ground type? Bad writing indeed.
    Same can be said about Pikachu beating both Brock's and Roxanne's Geodude's in their respective gyms. One was because of a "super-charged" electric attack and the other by Thunder at close-range but seriously BS since Ground types are supposed to be immune.

In the battle you mention, yeah I always hated that considering Piloswine did a lot of damage to Pikachu but to get beat by an attack that isn't supposed to do damage at all and not only that I think Pryce threw in the towel of all things...

Highlight of the battle that makes me scratch my head but still be somewhat impressed was how Cyndaquil could swim underwater. It was cool but I thought was a far-fetched theory at the same time. Because it put out its own flames to go underwater...

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    THIS. This is by the far the most bullshit battle i have ever seen pikachu gets hit about 10 times with super effective attacks leaf blade i think it was, then gets strangled by bind for around 5 minutes but still 1 hit KOs serperior with its Only attack which is "not very effective"

are you serious ??[/QUOTE]

That battle I was just lost for words when serperior lost to a rat that used only 2 moves to win. It....hurt...me!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Ash vs pryce

Pikachu vs Piloswine

how did pikachu's electric attacks effect piloswine who is part ground type? Bad writing indeed.
    Same can be said about Pikachu beating both Brock's and Roxanne's Geodude's in their respective gyms. One was because of a "super-charged" electric attack and the other by Thunder at close-range but seriously BS since Ground types are supposed to be immune.

In the battle you mention, yeah I always hated that considering Piloswine did a lot of damage to Pikachu but to get beat by an attack that isn't supposed to do damage at all and not only that I think Pryce threw in the towel of all things...

Highlight of the battle that makes me scratch my head but still be somewhat impressed was how Cyndaquil could swim underwater. It was cool but I thought was a far-fetched theory at the same time. Because it put out its own flames to go underwater...

Yea ash would have lost if Pryce didnt give up. But hey the boy has to get the badge somehow to go to the pokemon league even though it was stupid as hell.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 4th January 2013 at 08:54 PM.

Blog Entries

1. Ash vs Tate & Lisa. Thunder Armor? Seriously? I've heard of improvised tactics, but that takes the cake.

2. Ash's Gible vs. Barry's Empoleon. Not only did Empoleon have a much bigger power advantage (having been training much, much longer), it was Gible's first battle under Ash's ownership, so there were a few kinks to iron out. And Misty used to call out Ash for using his Charizard in early Johto. No one called Barry out on that one.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    (quote)5. Pikachu vs Serperior(end quote)

THIS. This is by the far the most bullshit battle i have ever seen pikachu gets hit about 10 times with super effective attacks leaf blade i think it was, then gets strangled by bind for around 5 minutes but still 1 hit KOs serperior with its Only attack which is "not very effective"

are you serious ??

A fitting way to end the biggest and most important rivalry in the Best Wishes! series, I would say.

Adding that to the Unova League (minus the currently ongoing Satoshi vs. Kotetsu battle) and a couple of half-arsed tournaments in the series...I think it's easier to pick the good battles in Best Wishes! than the shitty ones.
    Paulisthebest and Shinneth like this.

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

Blog Entries

Yea ash would have lost if Pryce didnt give up. But hey the boy has to get the badge somehow to go to the pokemon league even though it was stupid as hell.
    I know man. Those Take Down/Fury Attack combos really put Pikachu in a tight spot. What got me was how Pryce gave up instead of using Rest again but seriously, would it have mattered? Even if he did use Rest (like Regice) it would have been fully healed but due to plot Quick Attack was the only move in Pikachu's arsenal that would actually do damage. What got me was how Thunderbolt had no effect but Thunder did....

The writers had to do something to give Pikachu the upper hand even if it was a dumb plot twist for him to win. Heck, now I don't know which Ice battle is worse: Pikachu vs Piloswine or Regice

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    2. Ash's Gible vs. Barry's Empoleon. Not only did Empoleon have a much bigger power advantage (having been training much, much longer), it was Gible's first battle under Ash's ownership, so there were a few kinks to iron out. And Misty used to call out Ash for using his Charizard in early Johto. No one called Barry out on that one.
    I know what got me is the fact that Gible was running around with Ash and crew for most of the episode ducking and dodging multiple attempts from Barry and Ash to catch it along with the usually TR battle that had to go down. That had to make it somewhat tired along with eating all of that "food" (if you call metal robots and whatnot food that thing can eat ANYTHING!!). Not to mention Barry was using his BEST Pokemon and the way he was acting after he won. "I'm the strongest trainer!!!" Blah, blah, blah...

Seriously, you use your starter/best/fully evolved Pokemon against a recently caught 1st stage Pokemon...if that isn't BS I don't know what it
    Last edited by Paulisthebest; 4th January 2013 at 08:18 PM.
    CynthiaLover likes this.

Blog Entries

@Paulisthebest; Totally agree. Empoleon has spent most of the episode chilling out in its Poke Ball, while Gible's been getting the run-around. Poor Gible must've been exhausted after all he went through that day. Not to mention he didn't land an attack in edgewise, thanks to Empoleon's higher skill level. A valiant attempt, but it was pretty one-sided. Barry's attitude was no better, but he got his comeuppance when Gible ate his Hearthome Rematch Ticket. Payback tastes best when served with placement tickets.
    Paulisthebest likes this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

i kil u

Pikachu vs Pikatwo

I mean, did you see that battle? Poor Pikachu got slapped to death.
    martianmister and Owain like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acceleration View Post
    Threads like these are what happens when Mark Chang from Fairly OddParents has unprotected sex with bad comedians

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by someguyfromcrowd View Post
    Pikachu vs Pikatwo

I see your point it was really rough to see Pikachu getting bitch slapped to death and then having to see its trainer die right in front of him. Saddest part of it was all of those failed attempts to wake him up using Thundershock I think it was really the worst part and couldn't help I had to resist tearing up it was too emotional :(

To me though, I think that Pikachu NOT fighting back in a way showed just how strong its relationship with Ash was. Remember how Oak mentioned that the more a Pokemon and Trainer stay together the more the Pokemon takes on that person's personality and characteristics. That really shows because Ash didn't think it was right for them to fight back and despite the ass-whopping, Pikachu felt the same way.

Tyson meowth vs a girls persian in the hoenn league. And persians shadow ball kept on dealing damaged too meowth even thought ghost type moves does not harm normal types.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Pikachu vs Pikatwo

You'll have to explain what was so "BS" about that. Pikachu willingly took damage from Pikatwo whilst trying to reason with him because he wasn't going to be drawn into a pointless battle.

Shigeru vs Sakaki. Nidoking takes out golem with tackle, arcanine defeats kingler with a fire spin, and Mewtwo crushes them both. Satoshi's battle in the gym wasn't that great either.

Also, why is everyone making a big deal about Jun's battle with Gible. Sure it was mismatched, but you got the idea that everyone but Jun knew that. I think it would be out of character for him not to use Empoleon. Also like someone said, he got repaid by almost having his hand eatin.

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

Yeah, I mean I like Blaziken more, but Charizard could beat any fighting type any day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKun View Post
    Shigeru vs Sakaki. Nidoking takes out golem with tackle, arcanine defeats kingler with a fire spin, and Mewtwo crushes them both. Satoshi's battle in the gym wasn't that great either.

Also, why is everyone making a big deal about Jun's battle with Gible. Sure it was mismatched, but you got the idea that everyone but Jun knew that. I think it would be out of character for him not to use Empoleon. Also like someone said, he got repaid by almost having his hand eatin.
    Haha for some strange reason that was one of my favorite Kanto battles probably because its the only few battles in that series (except for when he loses in the league) where we get to see Gary actually fight and it was the first time we see Giovanni in action.

But yeah for me the BS came in the form of that Tackle vs. Tackle bout. Honestly looked like Golem was using Rollout (which hadn't been placed in the series yet) and Nidoking was using Horn Attack but I mean that's what it looked like to me anyway.

As for Arcanine vs. Kingler: Giovanni gave 0 commands and that crab took a Take Down, Fire Spin and finally a Fire Blast attack and then fainted. Either Giovanni was faking being "weak" to either test Gary's strength, boost his confidence only to crumble it to pieces by kicking his ass with Mewtwo or heck Golem and Kingler were really pushovers who is to say?

The Barry vs. Ash bout, just left a bad taste in my mouth. I do see what you mean though about it not being in his character if he didn't use Empoleon and then brag about it later, but still.

Blog Entries

Satoshi vs Takeshi. I mean, turning on the sprinklers??? Seriously!?! I know the writers were just starting out writing battles, but I would have preferred another episode in Nibi City with Satoshi training his Pigeon and Butterfree to have his first Badge win be believable and satisfying.
    SammyW27 likes this.

i kil u

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Pikachu vs Pikatwo

You'll have to explain what was so "BS" about that. Pikachu willingly took damage from Pikatwo whilst trying to reason with him because he wasn't going to be drawn into a pointless battle.
    Getting slapped hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acceleration View Post
    Threads like these are what happens when Mark Chang from Fairly OddParents has unprotected sex with bad comedians

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast