The most BS fights in Pokemon - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: The most BS fights in Pokemon

Default re: The most BS fights in Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    Pikachu OHKOing a fully healed Regice with a single Volt Tackle when two direct Iron Tail strikes couldn't do the same.

Axew somehow mastering Outrage to defeat Golett in the CBT - I know this has been explained enough already.
    Maybe volt tackle did a critical hit and OHKOing regice.... Nah!

Blog Entries

Going back to Regice vs Pikachu: its obvious that the show mentions or even shows Pikachu showing recoil damage when they want to. Seriously after all the damage taken from that direct Ice Beam that froze it, multiple Focus Punches and some damage from that Blizzard attack, the recoil of taking out a fully healed Regice should have taken it out of the match, but seriously the first time we really see recoil damage from Pikachu is during the Sinnoh League match with Paul and electric sparks fly off of Pikachu and it shows pain after using Volt Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    The battle in between Ash's Pikachu and Cress's Panpour was utter bs, no need to explain why.
    *Salute* if this is the writers way of getting back at Pikachu tying with Latios they did it too well...

Pikachu jumps on its back (Meaning Latios couldn't attack) firing multiple Thunderbolts (but then Light Screen cut the damage in half) regardless the damaged added up for the finish collision and both were knocked out. In this battle, Panpour's defensive tactics kept Pikachu from attacking at all (seem familiar?) and then with Water Gun and Scratch won the match.

2 things that pissed me off:

1. Weak moves like Water Gun and Scratch no matter how many times fired knocking of Pikachu like that? Ha, looking back at that Flint battle how much damaged Infernape inflicted before it even fainted come on now writers.

2. All of those Scratch attacks and Static wasn't even activated! They were better off throwing Pidove into the match instead of making Pikachu take a fall like this, the lost to Snivy was bad enough

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKun View Post
    Most of what I would have said has already been mentioned. However, I would like to bring up the Shinji vs. Jun battle. I get that Shinji is really strong, but that was a little much. Even after taking multiple fighting type attacks, Ursaring is still able to face Empoleon? It just seemed to make Shinji look invincible, and Jun weak.
    Yeah first Magmortar taking a Hydro Cannon without fainting, hard enough to get one to even survive Water Pulse in the games. (Guess this trait is shared by Pignite and Emboar in the Unova League since Samorutt's Hydro Cannon failed to knock them out either).

Oh yeah, that bear should have went down. Bulk Up did raise its Defense so that Hi Jump Kick not finishing it off is sort of understandable but for it to take Close Combat, Blaze AND Mega Kick not to mention its own Focus Blast is ridiculous. Guess it was trying to copy the magna where Jun loses to Koya's Absol in a 3 on 3 in the league without landing a hit, not to mention Abson took out his Staraptor, Torterra and Dragonite in one hit each.

Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan View Post
    Jessilina's battle against Dawn during the Grand Festival.
    Reason I was pissed is because for once, Jessie played by the rules and made it that high up the GF ladder only to lose in a pitiful and highly rushed battled. Heck the matches are supposed to be 5 minutes but it was over in like 5 seconds only for the final match to last like 18 minutes when it was supposed to be 5...

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I get flamed so many times on sppf for calling the tucker fight out...

The thing with may is that it can shoot itself in the foot a dozen times, but if it gets lucky just once it's usually an instant win.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Flint v Ash that was possible outcome but it was also VERY possible for Ash to do better and I don't see how that fight revitalized Volkner
    What got me was how Dawn and Brock seemed to downplay Flint's role as an E4 member. Remember when Buizel was sent out to battle? Brock and Dawn were all excited saying how Ash had the advantage but don't you think an E4 member has enough smarts and know how on how to actually defend against opponents that have an advantage?

Also, the constant recoil damage from Flare Blitz isn't shown but then again knocking out Buizel probably didn't cause too much damage to be honest. Yeah, I wish Ash did do better but I liked the Infernape and Buziel matches when they lost to Flint's a lot better than Pikachu lasting THAT long without fainting.

True, it was unbelievable that Volkner would come back into action like that. It was all about how Ash relates to almost EVERY adult in the series when they were a kid and it magically gives them that spirit back again...
    BlackKing likes this.

What's is up with one of ashes friends always downplaying the elite four. I remember when ash fought drake it was pikachu vs shelgon and pikachu was attacking and shelgon just stand their like the badass it is and may said that '' I guess just being part of the elite four doesn't mean your not all that strong". FACEPALM -__-

Ash vs winona was stupid battle. Grovyle vs altaria and Swellow vs Swellow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKing View Post
    What's is up with one of ashes friends always downplaying the elite four. I remember when ash fought drake it was pikachu vs shelgon and pikachu was attacking and shelgon just stand their like the badass it is and may said that '' I guess just being part of the elite four doesn't mean your not all that strong". FACEPALM -__-

Ash vs winona was stupid battle. Grovyle vs altaria and Swellow vs Swellow
    I know it was something else but Shelgon proved that theory wrong! Haha, and Drake's Altaria knew 5 moves so I was always meh about it though.

I liked the Winona battle ONLY because of Grovyle looking badass and winning against Altaria and honestly, I think that's the reason why Ash chose him to battle Drake's Altaria. I mean he could have actually choose him for the reason of using the masts of the ship like tree branches but still. Drake pointed out how he was overconfident and that is probably why he did choose Grovyle thinknig "I beat one before and Grovyle can beat one again."

Yea ashes overconfidence is his biggest weakness as a trainer but he always wins by luck or bs. hahaha

Blog Entries

Yea ashes overconfidence is his biggest weakness as a trainer but he always wins by luck or bs. hahaha
    Nah in most of his DP battles he won with type advantage at least. Even if chimchar did hog all the screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Nah in most of his DP battles he won with type advantage at least. Even if chimchar did hog all the screentime.
    True but the unova battles not so well. :/

Blog Entries

I think Ash is at his worst in BS fights and overconfidence when it comes to fighting a rival that he "hates" basically someone that isn't caffeine happy or friendly every time Ash gets up in their face to say Hello and if they don't he act "polite" he automatically challenges them to a battle and gets his ass handed to him, then says "What was that?!" in his bitchy voice whenever they say something he doesn't like and I'm thinking "Dude, he was right in your face when he said it what in the world do you want them to repeat how weak and pathetic you are for?" Man, Ash acts like a little bitch most of the time...

DP was good outside of Paul battles because Ash really did get some good wins under his belt both in and out of gym battles. Unova...

Seriously he has the worst track record in tournaments and battles with COTD or rivals for that matter. Most of the battles that come off the top of my head are either loses or ties. I think he only won a handful (not counting tournament or gym matches) of battles and if he did it was extremely rushed or something.

Pikachu vs Magikarp

That battle made me laugh out loud
    Paulisthebest likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: The most BS fights in Pokemon

Any of Ash's "aim for the horn/mouth" battles against ground types like Rhydon.

Also, not sure if this counts, but when you lose because your pokemon goes to sleep. I mean it IS a status condition, not a faint

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

5. Pikachu vs Serperior[/QUOTE]

THIS. This is by the far the most bullshit battle i have ever seen pikachu gets hit about 10 times with super effective attacks leaf blade i think it was, then gets strangled by bind for around 5 minutes but still 1 hit KOs serperior with its Only attack which is "not very effective"

are you serious ??
    SammyW27 and BlackKing like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Ash, Dent vs Prof Juniper and Bel

It seems like it was set up for Bel's actual first win in the series but then Dent pulled some BS with a double KO with Rock Wrecker.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    THIS. This is by the far the most bullshit battle i have ever seen pikachu gets hit about 10 times with super effective attacks leaf blade i think it was, then gets strangled by bind for around 5 minutes but still 1 hit KOs serperior with its Only attack which is "not very effective"

are you serious ??
    It's official: the writers FUCKING HATE TRIP
    Last edited by SammyW27; 3rd January 2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Speaking of "BS" I really hate how in the BW series they seemed to have eliminated the whole "recharge" time after a move like Hyper Beam or its variations. I know in previous seasons its been done before but in Unova its been thrown out of the window more often than not.

Tepig vs. Herdier in the 2nd gym. Seriously, standing up to Giga Impact with Flame Charge? Heck, earlier in the battle I think it was hit by one but it wasn't knocked out.

Pikachu vs Magikarp

That battle made me laugh out loud
    Haha, I couldn't believe it. I mean in the games its Defense stats is pretty high so I understand it withstanding a low power (but speedy move) like Quick Attack and the not very effective Iron Tail. But still, that's in the games. For it to be knocking Pikachu around with TACKLE?!! Well, I can't tell what was worse that or the Panpour battle. I mean that Magikarp got me thinking about how badass it would have been if it had evolved! Though still putting up a fight like that? Must have been one of those Magikarp at lv 99 or something from that Sinnoh Region lake in the Platinum games.

Notice that the match was called off and Pikachu didn't have a chance to use Volt Tackle. Guess even the writers couldn't have BS'd a way for Magikarp to get out of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Any of Ash's "aim for the horn/mouth" battles against ground types like Rhydon.

Also, not sure if this counts, but when you lose because your pokemon goes to sleep. I mean it IS a status condition, not a faint
    Back in the early days of the series, those rules applied when the ref would call out a Pokemon for sleeping and it made no sense. If an attack move causes a status infliction its still able to battle. Squirtle from Happy's Sleep Power, Bulbasaur in the Orange League when Electabuzz's Thunderpunch I think paralyzed it and it was still able to battle but the ref said that round was over, it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    5. Pikachu vs Serperior
    Serperior used 3 moves; Dragon Tail (the move where its tail lit up), Wrap (the move used to Bind Pikachu til it was blue in the face) and Energy Ball (obviously the writers trying to "decrease" Serperior's power as an excuse for Pikachu to come back and win it). None of them were super effective but the match was ridiculous.

Pikachu took all of that damage and one-shot knock out on its opponent (well 2 shot if you consider that Pikachu used a combo move). I mean yeah, Ash HAD to beat Trip but I was hoping for a full battle or something but we got this crappy first round. So, let me get this straight:

Ash calls back Pikachu against Skyla because he felt that even though Pikachu didn't get knocked out by Swanna's attacks it still should be considered unable to battle because it was tired and took a lot of damage. But here Ash just stands there until Pikachu is squeezed so tight that he turns blue in the face. Seriously, if Trip didn't call for Serperior to loosen its grip for the next attack I don't know what would have happened.

Some may argue that in the gym battle Ash still had one Pokemon to use and he could just re-challenge Skyla if he lost as opposed to the league where if he lost that was it all 8 badges were "earned" for nothing. Still, that's his best friend being squeezed so hard that I was sure Pikachu's head was about to pop off like a wine cork.

Multiple Dragon Tails, Wrap, Energy Ball all hit its mark but Pikachu failed to do any damage or land a hit. Thunderbolt was close, but Serperior stuck its tail in the ground to avoid the shock and all damage (good call by Trip by the way).

Iron Tail was outclassed when it collided with Dragon Tail which was no surprise considering that Serperior had a major size advantage so Dragon Tail had more power behind it. So, you're telling me that just because Electro Ball was combined with Iron Tail it was not juts enough to overpower Dragon Tail but also do enough damage to defeat Serperior in one shot with a not very effective move?

The way I see it both Dragon Tail and Iron Tail collided but the explosion obviously came from the Electro Ball when it made contact with Serperior. If that's the case it still doesn't make sense for it to be enough to knock out Serperior. That was seriously bad writing.

It would have been more "believable" if Pikachu did damage beforehand to somewhat give the impression that yeah both Pokemon were tired from damage and the match could have gone either way. Besides, we didn't' see Serperior's 4th move, it was probably Frenzy Plant since the downloadable tournament has that as its last move.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post
    Ash, Dent vs Prof Juniper and Bel

It seems like it was set up for Bel's actual first win in the series but then Dent pulled some BS with a double KO with Rock Wrecker.
    I know that would have been the perfect set-up for Bel working together with her new Pokemon. I see the writers didn't think twice by letting Ash lose ANOTHER battle...

Ash vs pryce

Pikachu vs Piloswine

how did pikachu's electric attacks effect piloswine who is part ground type? Bad writing indeed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast