Pikachu vs Regice

Tepig + Snivy vs Suwama

Trip's Junior Cup Battles

Finish off with False Swipe!

Blog Entries

Default re: The most BS fights in Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKing View Post
    1. Haxorus vs Excadrill second battle

I actually liked the Excadrill vs. Haxorus battle but disliked it as well. It was a battle that showed just how far Iris and Excadrill have come together as a team and in power as well. You could see by that Metal Claw that in their first battle didn’t faze it at all and now even though it was blocked by Haxorus the move still had enough power to force it back some.

Then Dig was avoided and Rock Smash was about to hit but using a long-range move (which was their handicap in their first battle because Excadrill didn’t know one) stopped the attack and once again forced Haxorus to be pushed back. Here we get to the finale where Drill Run collided with Giga Impact and both were knocked out.

Ok, so we have an Excadrill that took 0 damage throughout the battle get knocked out in one hit from a move that isn’t very effective since its part Steel type. That and the fact we only get to see only one more move from Haxorus because we saw Rock Smash from the flashback.

Besides, Excadrill being on par with Haxorus is a bit unbelievable considering that it hasn't trained for "years" according to Iris because it was just stay balled up in its "Drill form" if she wanted to train with it. Though it did get some experience in some battles after they started working together again. But still being able to compete with a Pokemon it couldn't inflict a bit of damage on before seems a bit unbelievable. What does Haxorus just stay in its Pokemon all the time? In the video games it says that Drayden actually wrestles with his Dragons so they can both get stronger.
    BlackKing and martianmister like this.

Ven

I too agree with many of these here but the Arcanine + Swampert Fire Blast + Water Pulse combination should have destroyed Swellow and Corfish.
    Hoopa, Paulisthebest and BlackKing like this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Any battle where May's Skitty "Takes the stage!!" seriously any battle where it makes an appearance is BULL-CRAP. It takes impossible amounts of damage and then comes back with a Blizzard or Assist and beats its opponents like nothing.
    The Jynx Contest battle it had was excellent. That's the only win it had which was done well.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    I too agree with many of these here but the Arcanine + Swampert Fire Blast + Water Pulse combination should have destroyed Swellow and Corfish.
    Oh man, I couldn't agree more! Regardless that both moves aren't very effective on Corphish it should have been over. The worst part about that battle was even after all of the damage Swellow and Corphish took they somehow managed to knock out both opponents in ONE attack I repeat ONE attack!

And if I remember correctly they never inflicted any damaged to them beforehand. The only "damage" I can remember is when Swampert and Arcanine collided into each other by accident when Swellow dodged their moves with (if I remember right...) a Double Team increased by Quick Attack strategy.

Only reason I LIKED that battle facility was before the battle started they had mini-montage of Ash's previous competitions and whatnot that makes me smile every time I see that :) but the battle still wasn't believable...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Any battle where May's Skitty "Takes the stage!!" seriously any battle where it makes an appearance is BULL-CRAP. It takes impossible amounts of damage and then comes back with a Blizzard or Assist and beats its opponents like nothing.
    The Jynx Contest battle it had was excellent. That's the only win it had which was done well.
    The part of that battle was the whole Assist could screw Skitty and May over if not careful, I remember its String Shot Assist got ruined with the next Assist was Razor Leaf freeing Jynx. Other than that it was an interesting battle.

But so many other Skitty fights the whole Ghost-type moves hitting Normal-types that makes me cringe. Its just that relying on Assist an entire battle is like playing Russian Roulette and usually May shots herself in the foot until she gets lucky.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

The battle in between Ash's Pikachu and Cress's Panpour was utter bs, no need to explain why.
    BlackKing likes this.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Episode 32, Ash vs Koga. Bulbasaur using Whirlwind?
    BlackKing and sonic10158 like this.

Most of what I would have said has already been mentioned. However, I would like to bring up the Shinji vs. Jun battle. I get that Shinji is really strong, but that was a little much. Even after taking multiple fighting type attacks, Ursaring is still able to face Empoleon? It just seemed to make Shinji look invincible, and Jun weak.

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Battle of the Metapods. Just ridiculous.

But not as ridiculous as "Finish it off with False Swipe!" That made me facepalm.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKing View Post
    1. Haxorus vs Excadrill second battle

I actually liked the Excadrill vs. Haxorus battle but disliked it as well. It was a battle that showed just how far Iris and Excadrill have come together as a team and in power as well. You could see by that Metal Claw that in their first battle didn’t faze it at all and now even though it was blocked by Haxorus the move still had enough power to force it back some.

Then Dig was avoided and Rock Smash was about to hit but using a long-range move (which was their handicap in their first battle because Excadrill didn’t know one) stopped the attack and once again forced Haxorus to be pushed back. Here we get to the finale where Drill Run collided with Giga Impact and both were knocked out.

Ok, so we have an Excadrill that took 0 damage throughout the battle get knocked out in one hit from a move that isn’t very effective since its part Steel type. That and the fact we only get to see only one more move from Haxorus because we saw Rock Smash from the flashback.

Besides, Excadrill being on par with Haxorus is a bit unbelievable considering that it hasn't trained for "years" according to Iris because it was just stay balled up in its "Drill form" if she wanted to train with it. Though it did get some experience in some battles after they started working together again. But still being able to compete with a Pokemon it couldn't inflict a bit of damage on before seems a bit unbelievable. What does Haxorus just stay in its Pokemon all the time? In the video games it says that Drayden actually wrestles with his Dragons so they can both get stronger.
    Yea the part about excadrill have not trained for years makes the battle unbelievable and excadrill been getting its ass kick by pokemon like throh. Maybe iris trained excadrill off screen or shes used rare candies or the writers just don't care.

Blog Entries

Jessilina's battle against Dawn during the Grand Festival.
    Yoshi-san likes this.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    The battle in between Ash's Pikachu and Cress's Panpour was utter bs, no need to explain why.
    Oh snap I forgot about that battle I did a FACEPALM after that. It was just terrible, but somehow Oshawott somehow beat cilans pansage in battle that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKun View Post
    Most of what I would have said has already been mentioned. However, I would like to bring up the Shinji vs. Jun battle. I get that Shinji is really strong, but that was a little much. Even after taking multiple fighting type attacks, Ursaring is still able to face Empoleon? It just seemed to make Shinji look invincible, and Jun weak.
    I agree on the that ursaring should have been knock out with that hi-jump-kick by hitmonlee.

Blog Entries

I get flamed so many times on sppf for calling the tucker fight out...

The thing with may is that it can shoot itself in the foot a dozen times, but if it gets lucky just once it's usually an instant win.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pikachu OHKOing a fully healed Regice with a single Volt Tackle when two direct Iron Tail strikes couldn't do the same.

Axew somehow mastering Outrage to defeat Golett in the CBT - I know this has been explained enough already.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Blog Entries

Flint v Ash that was possible outcome but it was also VERY possible for Ash to do better and I don't see how that fight revitalized Volkner
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast