A more adult anime side-series - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A more adult anime side-series

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Default Re: A more adult anime side-series

Canon ships on this show? Only when an epilogue comes around or the Sun condenses into a lump of coal, whichever happens first.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Vraell View Post
    Well, I think an idea for a more complex story would be better suited for a book. Reading a book, you know what the characters are thinking, and significantly more detail can be put into a book as opposed to a TV show.
    There are plenty of shows with complex stories though. One Piece, as an anime example...
    Seasons =/= Regions

We don't need more Cynthia in the show and she is a minor character not a major one.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Exclamation Re: A more adult anime side-series

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I don't like the Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon comparison, because didn't their plots and storylines get kind of ridiculous with magical stuff and a lot of crazy unbelievable crap going on?
    Crazy magical crap going on was sort of the basis for both those shows... :/
    I wouldn't want Pokémon to be adult. Now, those of you who have read some of my other posts on this matter will know that I frequently pine for the anime to become mature, and thus think I'm being wishy-washy. This is not the case, as "adult" and "mature" can be totally different things. Pokémon would become "adult" if it shifted more towards adult situations. Pokémon would become "mature" if it handled more mature themes - like death, morality, etc. Things can be "mature" without being "adult". Things can be "adult" without being "mature". I would want Pokémon to become the latter, not the former.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A million years ago when I was 13-14 I wanted Pokemon to be more, "adult," and then I got older and realized how ridiculous that would be.

The show is fine for what it is, a kids show that older fans can still get some enjoyment out of.

You'll be surprised how many people are 18-25 years old and still watch the anime.

i agree a live action series could boost the franchise for a wider age range
    a well done show, nice scripts, and pokemon that look as natural and real while at the same time looking fantastic.

also having a theme, more drama, but also no ridiculous stuff

idk, coming of age stuff

also a whole new cluster of characters

snyder/nolan as a director if a movie before the live action show

robert downy jr as brock
    emma wattson as misty
    jean claude van dam as lt surge
    some japanese actress as ericka
    the japanese guy from Inception as Koga
    natalie portman as sabrina
    old dude as blaine
    jack black as giovanni just for the shit a giggles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by salvader View Post
    robert downy jr as brock
    emma wattson as misty
    jean claude van dam as lt surge
    some japanese actress as ericka
    the japanese guy from Inception as Koga
    natalie portman as sabrina
    old dude as blaine
    jack black as giovanni just for the shit a giggles
    Wat.

Anyway, hoping for adult series is pointless. The very most one could hope for is an animated adaptation for the Pokemon Adventure series. But that's not going to happen either.

never say never

americans make tv shows about everything and if they ever ever are really desperate...they will do anything

Blog Entries

As much as I would like to see a Seinen spin-off of Pokemon, it has too long of a track record as a 'kids' anime for me to even take anything else too seriously.

Though, I wouldn't mind a little venturing into the darker side of Pokemon, I mean Cyrus did try and destroy the world and all... I would love to see characters with more complex issues get introduced instead of just throwing an adult spin off out there, keep it to fan fiction I guess.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Something based on Pokemon Special would be pretty awesome.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

Okay, I meant more mature. Like more action. Adult was the wrong word to use. ut more action in it, some better storylines, more little side-arcs, like the Wallace episodes, and the Summer School stuff. More serious things should also be talked about, like death. No sex, drugs and rock-and-roll stuff. Maybe a little more romance. Even young children love romance. Ever watched Pocahontas, or the Princess and the Frog? All those Barbie movies... (Seriously, my little sisters give me the idea that they want to marry Ken...)

OSHAWHAT?

While I don't see this happening, I don't think it'd be a bad idea for Ash's having a crush on some girl get in the way of his Pokemon training. See how he'd handle his training then and such...
    Seasons =/= Regions

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salvader View Post
    americans make tv shows about everything and if they ever ever are really desperate...they will do anything
    Good thing Americans don't make the show, right?
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An American produced Pokemon show would probably be like that Mastermind special.

*shudders*

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends in what way "more adult" is suggested to be.For example,considering how majority of pokemon fanbase are small kids,having show about pocket monsters with added scenes of guns,violance etc leaning more toward adult theme would probably bring bad reputation for pokemon series as a whole turning away kids from it.
    But on other hand if anime for most part sticked with its origins,with only slightly darker story being added to it it could theoretically work.

At best something along the lines of having more similar scenarys which happened to Hunter J,with little deeper storyline could work but anything more than that would be probably too much.

Speaking of side series i always thought how pokemon should pull out another set of chronicles.That way we could get some insight into lives of older characters allowing them to be developed more who are sadly gone from show.They definitely had enough characters to work with having potential,like giving some coverage to Mays Gf in Johto and in what direction she went after it,showing whats happening with Misty giving closure to her story like goal clearing up situation about her(obviously gym was never part of her story taking it out of obligation with plots surrounding her going nowhere),cover Dawn and in what direction she may head to,show Brock and how his life as doctor has been going etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    An American produced Pokemon show would probably be like that Mastermind special.

*shudders*
    I didnt thought Mastermind special was bad at all.Aside from some VAs fo which it took time to adapt special was quite interesting to me having good characters and decent plot.
    It was nice that all previous characters got reunited in 10th anniversarry special.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast