Misty making a return? - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Misty making a return?

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Misty making a return?

Misty's apparently one of the old leaders one battles by default without having to download or whatnot. So, she comes in the game. And considering what a big part of the anime's history she is, she's a perfect candidate to bring in to advertise this new feature. Really, if the writers can pull out of their ass plots concerning Team Rocket and the Kami Trio/Meloetta which in no capacity happen in the games, making something concerning Misty is by no means a far stretch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    True but that said character is essentially Jessie with a different backstory.
    I am going to disagree there. But Jessie is a character that needs more of a backstory in the anime, at least to 'clean it up', since all we have are several random bits:

1. her family was able to afford to send her to Pokemon Tech. (EP009)
    2. She was in a bike gang with James as well (EP036)
    3. on Holiday Hi-Jynx shows her room in a mansion (or at least that is what I think it is) (Holiday Hi-Jynx).
    4. says she is so poor that she has to eat snow (Snow Way Out!)
    5. Plus there is the Pokemon nurse school that she went to (EP129).
    6. Finally, it says she's been to Little Root Town (AG001)
    Sorry if I'm missing any other bits.

They need to give her a proper backstory episode, as some of these bits conflict with one another and some simply don't make sense.

On topic: I still think that before we consider another Misty return, Max still needs to come back first.
    Also some time in early AG, Jessie said she used to be a coordinater. Yeah, Jessie is one of my favorite characters and she definitely needs her past cleared up. I thought she was poor (oppoiste to James) but apparently she had a mansion (which could've been a foster home? maybe?) I like the idea of her being pooor...

Anyways On Topic: I still think Misty could return because I still think this is going to be like the World Tournament and that it's gonna be after the league and its like BF and that's well see lots of old gym leaders. (I really hope this is the case) Also it would give an extra reason for Giovanni to be in Unova besides TR (replacing Blue as gym leader)
    Fav Ships: PalletShipping AdvancedShipping CafeMochaShipping PearlShipping ComaShipping CollideShipping RespectShipping

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    Misty's apparently one of the old leaders one battles by default without having to download or whatnot. So, she comes in the game. And considering what a big part of the anime's history she is, she's a perfect candidate to bring in to advertise this new feature. Really, if the writers can pull out of their ass plots concerning Team Rocket and the Kami Trio/Meloetta which in no capacity happen in the games, making something concerning Misty is by no means a far stretch.
    Except Gary, Brock and Giovanni aren't Gym leaders in the show anymore, so they very likely won't be mirroring the games because the character roles are too different. And I doubt Misty would be brought back as a one off.

Post Thanks / Like

Except Gary, Brock and Giovanni aren't Gym leaders in the show anymore,
    Which is exactly why I DIDN'T MENTION them in my post.

so they very likely won't be mirroring the games because the character roles are too different. And I doubt Misty would be brought back as a one off.
    Characters have been brought in for a couple of episodes in the past, be them for promotion or the anime's dumb reasoning. Misty isn't out of the question when it comes to consideration this time, specially since there'd be a reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Except Gary, Brock and Giovanni aren't Gym leaders in the show anymore, so they very likely won't be mirroring the games because the character roles are too different. And I doubt Misty would be brought back as a one off.
    I agree. They game producers did that for the game purposes. They are bringing Dawn back because she needs to get her cameo like May did. It's only fair. But I don't know why they would need to make her return to Unova just for that. They might can do a special where it shows her being a gymleader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well the first tournament has been revealed to only include Elite 4 characters like Cynthia, Caitlin, Adeku. Its also confirmed Ash will have a new rival which will probably be that new rival from BW2 with the blue spikey hair.

So it doesn't seem like the show will be bringing back any old Gym leaders. I say it isn't likely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, ya never know. The anime producers could certainly pull some interesting surprises out of their butts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Well, ya never know. The anime producers could certainly pull some interesting surprises out of their butts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    Uh, no. If they're revealing all the major participants certainly any old Gym leader would be mentioned too.

The anime simply isn't doing "bring back old Gym leaders" for this. It seems to strictly be tournaments for Elite 4 characters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, c'mon its just speculation here! A single poster doesn't have to reveal every plot of an entire season. Your awfully adamant about shooting stuff down...
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, c'mon its just speculation here! A single poster doesn't have to reveal every plot of an entire arc. Your awfully adamant about shooting stuff down...
    I am not saying it can't happen, but the writers already spoiled a whole bunch of characters appearing, and none of them are old Gym leaders.

For that matter it isn't just Misty, nothing has been said about Gary, Brock, Volkner, or any of those other Gym leaders appearing in the anime from the BW2 scans. It doesn't seem like its happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

This.

The producers have been pulling stuff out of their asses since day one. And will continue to do so until the end of time.

In ORAS, Team Aqua will be black & dirty while Team Magma is white & nerdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    This.

The producers have been pulling stuff out of their asses since day one. And will continue to do so until the end of time.
    And yet more often than not, Misty isn't one of those things.

Out of the last 10 years and 550+ worth episodes of the anime, Misty has only ever re-appeared in 4 full episodes and a couple of specials. This is over the course of 3 generations, nearly 550+ episodes, and 10 years.

Make of that what you will. In reality she has hardly been seen at all since 2002, about 9 appearances at the most over the course of 10 years.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are only a couple of things I even remotely care about in regards to Misty making any sort of cameo in the BW2 anime.

Thing #1: She must have her HGSS design. Seriously, that's the only thing I like about Misty, and I never liked how she looked in the old days. Stupid side ponytail, godawful outfits (except for the yellow hoodie+shorts she wore for some episodes of Chronicles)... they've gotta go. It's been two series now; dump her crappy AG outfit and make her actually look cute as her HGSS design does. Hell, I'll be happy if they just make her hair that way.

Thing #2: She doesn't stick around. Iris is bad enough; the thought of Misty and Iris teaming up on Ash is horrifying. I hope she stays far away from Iris and if they do interact, it'll be bland and easy to forget like Misty's interaction with May was.

Thing #3: No Pokeshipping hints/fanservice. It would be like 4Kids raised from the dead to haunt me one last time.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would find it amusing to see Kasumi chew out Iris for making (light) fun of Satoshi. Even though some would claim that as shippy, I think it would be more of a fun and ironic thing than romantic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree. They game producers did that for the game purposes. They are bringing Dawn back because she needs to get her cameo like May did. It's only fair. But I don't know why they would need to make her return to Unova just for that. They might can do a special where it shows her being a gymleader.

I'm just going by the "anime is supposed to advertise the games" logic. (A logic the anime itself likes to butcher though.) If you've got a character in your character library that can serve the show's main purpose justice AND is also a highly recognized and loved character, why not go for it? :)

As to how she's handled, that another 20 bucks, and something I don't really care about. I'm just pointing out that she's a good candidate for a return.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast