Misty making a return? - Page 17

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Misty making a return?

Default Re: Misty making a return?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    They didn't show anyone watching the Sinnoh league. Probably be the same for the Unova one.
    I highly doubt Ash will win Unova especially if he doesn't use reserves. If he doesn't it will be cheap and forced and quite frankly I wouldn't want Ash's friends to watch him if that's the case.

Ash's performance this saga has been lackluster. Friends like Misty, Brock, and Max would actually be disappointed and may believe Ash has become a chump....I know I would. DP Ash is a whole nother story, but like you said the writers threw that opportunity away.

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

I'm glad Dawn made an appearance, and with the mention and flashback of Brock in one of the newest episodes, I hope he'll make an appearance as well. I don't dislike Misty, but she's definitely not my favourite of Ash's traveling companions.
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brock was mentioned because he was part of the DP cast. He was as much a last gen character as Dawn was. It's not like Brock is an ancient character who hasn't been around for 10 years.

Also as said, Dawn, Iris and Cilan have never met Misty so nobody is going to mention her out of the blue.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Now.

Misty's chance of appearing again in any form of Pokémon anime is...a 1% chance.

People thought she would return when HGSS came out, she did not.

So...

...no. If she did appear again, that would be just fucking luck.

And no old gym leader appearences, either. PWT will pass by, and that will be it.
    Titanium, Caseydia and Bubble Frog like this.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    They didn't show anyone watching the Sinnoh league. Probably be the same for the Unova one.
    I highly doubt Ash will win Unova especially if he doesn't use reserves. If he doesn't it will be cheap and forced and quite frankly I wouldn't want Ash's friends to watch him if that's the case.

Ash's performance this saga has been lackluster. Friends like Misty, Brock, and Max would actually be disappointed and may believe Ash has become a chump....I know I would. DP Ash is a whole nother story, but like you said the writers threw that opportunity away.
    I don't think it would be cheap and forced especially if he's been training them unlike what they are doing with Iris. I won't bet on Ash winning but I will not under estimate his pokemon. Let's atleast wait until we claw into him. I'm still hoping another Tobias would show up.

Blog Entries

My opinion is that they didn't show Ash's old friends during the Sinnoh League because we already had one "blast from the past" - Ash's old Pokémon. During the Hoenn League we hadn't Ash's old Pokémon, so we had Ash's old friends "cameoing". Meh, that's my idea. I believe we will have Misty, Brock, May and Max cameo during the Unova League, it is far from being unlikely.
    djulienr likes this.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Registered User PalletshippingMaster's Avatar
    Add PalletshippingMaster on Facebook
    Visit PalletshippingMaster's Youtube Channel

I truly believe Misty will return to the anime. If not in Unova, then for sure in the Pokemon finale (whenever that will be, which will be a very sad day)

I certainly agree that many characters like Misty, Gary and Jessie need proper backstories. I'd like to see who their parents were and how they grew up as young children. I'd also like to see further character development and see them reach their goals...because I know Misty truthfully doesn't want to be gym leader, I know Jessie doesn't want to be in Team Rocket, not wholeheartedly anyway, and I am really wondering if Gary wants to even be a researcher or if it was just an excuse to get away from Ash (take that however you want to)..

So the question remains...will we see important main characters like Misty, Gary, Brock, etc. return? My answer is yes. Pokemon is eventually going to run out of original ideas and characters.....so I see the original cast teaming up again on some new adventure just like the old times. This would bring the old fans back, introduce them to newer fans and boost ratings like never before. Once this happens, then we can see further development between the characters. I would like to see Ash grow even closer to Misty and Gary as those truly are his closest and best friends and not because he knew them the longest but because of everything they've went through....and I'm really trying to keep shippings out of this but it would be nice if they somehow created a separate anime to show Ash, Misty, Gary, Brock, etc. grown up, and the birth of possible relationships being formed. Because in reality, best friends almost always fall for eachother, I don't care who tries to deny it.

Finally, the anime has not fully followed the games, since the Orange Islands, they have taken their own route with the development of the plots and characters...so just because Misty appears or doesn't appear in the games doesn't mean that she won't return to the anime...I truly believe that. So yes, I think Misty will return...I'm not sure exactly when but I feel a strong comeback for her headed our way, as well as for some of the older main characters as well. Pokemon is one giant continiuing story and as long as there are older, untouched characters then there will always be room for growth.

Trophies

Im no even going to bother quoting that :L

I think that the only past we got from misty was at the start of the anime.. not much information was given after this apart from the odd bit through the johto series. We know the series hasnt followed thhe games, they havent and never will. The only relation to the games is the charicters, and some early episodes are related to pokemon yellow, but thats it.

I dont agree with the relationship thing, I mean I agree with it but its almost inevitible it wont happen. The anime has been up for 12 years now I think and no relationships have been formed. As close as it will get is brock falling in love every episodes, but relationships arent really what this specific anime is about, and apart from character of the day, no major characters will form relation ships.

I like you hope misty returns ;).

Garchomp is adorable randomuniq's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow randomuniq On Twitter
    Follow randomuniq on Tumblr

I hope she does. I'm now very excited about the release of BW2 because of how Kanto gym leaders are back! But if you kinda think about it, doesn't Misty come back when her game counterpart comes back also?
    Like Red/Blue- was original series so of course she was there. Silver/Gold was Johto and she was main character as well
    FireRed/LeafGreen released in Gen III so she came back in Advanced Generation
    Came back in HG/SS for Gen IV so she "came" as a present to Ash. The Misty Lure! (:
    So now I'm just crossing my fingers. She probably has little to no chance to coming all the way to Unova, but she should be mentioned.

That's my humble opinion. And I really hope she returns, as well as Gary and Brock.

I hear it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

I hope so. I generally don't like Misty as much as other characters, but her appearance in general would be a huge improvement to B&W. Maybe not in the current fanbase, but still.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

I like when people say what characters should return, and it's ALWAYS the original characters from the first series, as if the majority of today's fanbase even cares about them still.

Especially when they put the word 'important' in front of main characters. They are not main anymore, nor or they important anymore.

HB2

I hope she returns. Show has just never been the same without her,for me at least. I think she should for at least a saga or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ProngedDread837 View Post
    I hope so. I generally don't like Misty as much as other characters, but her appearance in general would be a huge improvement to B&W. Maybe not in the current fanbase, but still.
    I wouldn't say that. They might screw her over too in this series.
    Pronged Pickle likes this.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Judging by how is Dawn treated so far. having more lively character interaction with Iris and Cilan than she had with Brock in DP, personally i don't have fears of Misty being screwed over. When she made cameo in Hoenn she was full of life keeping her fun traits, so im fairly sure she would be treated equally same if she returned in Unova.

Im interested actually alot in how she would interact with Cilan and Iris. She has things in common with Iris both liking to tease, wanting to become one type masters etc so i could see them producing some great and enjoyable interaction. Knowing Misty , Iris picking on Ash for no real reason could have create contra effect with her becoming annoyed which could lead to conflict. Misty even after maturing showed to be able to explode if you push her buttons being less tolerant to immature behavior. Yes she likes to tease people too, but it is usually when they give her reason to do so or do it in playful lighthearted way. Heck since she is known for being even more snarky than Iris is, so i could see teasing Iris for a change lol.
    When taking in account how she has things in common with Cilan too(like passion for various things like fishing or battling) im interested in seeing how they would work together too. I could totally see them having perhaps fishing contest to determine who is better at catching water types, starting to daydream about their hobbies. in general i usually find episodes involving her imbued with more humor and certain charm providing unique chemistry to cast.

Misty was one of few which managed to establish great interaction with everyone(even Brock) providing that extra flavor(even in her cameos in AG). So i believe she would add more life to BW cast making series more enjoyable, just like Dawn with her return did.

Perhaps in case of coming back Misty might play role in Iris story, like May did with Dawn helping her about fears and doubts on her road of becoming dragon master and fulfilling Drayden expectations, and by entering world tournaments in filler arc(because im fairly sure there will be more than just Junior Cup)she could advance her own story too and improve skills. Some of her pokemon are in desperate need to battle more, and it would be interesting to see her in action.

All I want to see if Misty returns is for her to improved as a battler. Since it's been over 7 years by now, she really should have and the writers would seem like jackasses if they didn't portray her to be any stronger from when we last saw her.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast