Misty making a return? - Page 16

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Misty making a return?

Default Re: Misty making a return?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't see the writers making a water tournament when that's what the Wallace Cup was and they focused on a different character instead.
    Wallace Cup wasn't anything like a water tournament, which would be the Whirl Cup
    It was a Contest that had a pool for the perfroamance/battle stage, but had all types of Poké used...
    djulienr likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I don't see the writers making a water tournament when that's what the Wallace Cup was and they focused on a different character instead.
    Wallace Cup wasn't anything like a water tournament, which would be the Whirl Cup
    It was a Contest that had a pool for the perfroamance/battle stage, but had all types of Poké used...
    Oh please, the majority of the Wallace Cup had a "water tournament" like feel to it:

- Dawn used Piplup
    - Ash used Buizel
    - May used Glaceon
    - Kyle used Lantern

Dawn battled a Walimer, May battled a Marill, etc.

Wallace himself is probably the closest thing to a water pokemon master we'd ever see on this show.

It was probably the most blatant water-themed tournament they ever did that happened to be a Contest instead.

My nostalgic side would like to see Misty return: badass, new and improved with her HG/SS look, and just plain interesting. The writers would look like major jackasses if they were to bring her back and she'd still have a Horsea, Azurill, and Goldeen -_-

For Misty to have been an aspiring trainer who battles impressively with Water Types, its a shame the writers didn't give her that many opportunities to do so. There's a small part of me that hopes that Shuizi has heard of Misty, trained with her, or was inspired by her.

The fans would eat that shit up =)

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    My nostalgic side would like to see Misty return: badass, new and improved with her HG/SS look, and just plain interesting. The writers would look like major jackasses if they were to bring her back and she'd still have a Horsea, Azurill, and Goldeen -_-
    So say Misty would make an appearance, still having those Pokemon.. fans would still complain? x_x
    You got Misty, what more do you need? jeez.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

Nah, I don't think the average person would be incredibly picky, but these days everything seems to revolve around change. Around here, there are people who would raise hell if she came back without any changes to her Pokemon, considering she trains and battles with them for a living. They probably want her to have a "signature cute mascot Pokemon", which would be either Horsea or Azurill. Azurill could evolve and still be cute, but I'd say Goldeen is the best candidate for evolution.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanuim View Post
    So say Misty would make an appearance, still having those Pokemon.. fans would still complain? x_x
    You got Misty, what more do you need? jeez.
    Paul could appear in Best Wishes but if he were to let's say battle Trip and lose against him for the sake of storyline I would have a problem. That is just shitty writing and an insult to his character.

Therefore, if Misty came back with no improvements made on her team since Gyrados and Azurill and she is shown to have all the same Pokemon with no growth whatsoever, it'd be an insult to her character. I wouldn't flip my shit, but I'd feel bad for Misty's character as a whole because it would show the writers really care little about her or her goal.

Are we suppose to believe Misty is just laying on her ass like her sisters were at the Gym? In her AG appearances, Cerulean was shown to be busy so I would assume she would be battling, and if she's constantly battling then she's constantly getting stronger right? That is, I would hope.

I'm almost ready to believe that since this show is so hyped up on promotion for the games, that NO main character will surpass Iris' strengths, especially if she's new and improved when she leaves the show and makes a cameo sadly.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

She's a character in a show. Once they're off the show and don't get anymore appearances, all there is is speculations.

So adding to wanting to bring back a very old character for whatever reason, you guys also want her to get all this extra stuff done with her? If I were you, I'd just be happy to see her face on a picture on a wall somewhere. Better than nothing. :\
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I'd like it for all of you to get off how other members/users feel and get back to how you feel about Kasumi's return. We don't need people lamenting on the pleasability of the fanbase or whatever. Get off how the "fans" feel and start contributing to the discussion by providing examples, counter-arguments, and possibilities, please.

Oh please, the majority of the Wallace Cup had a "water tournament" like feel to it:
    No, it simply had a water arena and some people used some water types either coincidencely or to take advantage of it
    It wasn't a water tournament
    The show's only real water type battle tournament was the Whirl Cup

- Dawn used Piplup
    She also used Ambipom, Buneary AND Pachirisu
    Normal type, Normal type, Electic type

- May used Glaceon
    Newsflash, Glaceon isn't a water type, it's an ice type
    May also used Beautifly, Skitty, Venusaur and Wartortle
    a bug/flying type, a normal type, a grass/poison type and only ONE water type

Dawn battled a Walimer, May battled a Marill, etc.
    Dawn battled a Glaceon, May battled a Glameow, etc...

Wallace himself is probably the closest thing to a water pokemon master we'd ever see on this show.
    Him existing and sitting there doesn't automatically turns the event to water type tournament
    Also, Wallace is a great example to why Misty CAN appear... if a game character that never appeared at all and is completely irrelevant to the current gen can randomly appear, then Misty can too

It was probably the most blatant water-themed tournament they ever did
    No, again, that was Whirl Cup back in Johto
    Johto also had a Seaking catching competition and that movie 5 race, two events that really are focused on water types and could interest a water trainer like Misty
    A random Contest that just so happens to use a water arena isn't even close to that and is still just another Contest at the end of the day
    martianmister and Angel~ like this.

Blog Entries

I guarantee when Shuizu appears in BW2 nobody will mention Misty at all. Just like nobody did for the last 3-4 water Gym leaders.

I don't see anyone suggesting Marlon would have anyone to do with Misty
    She might appear later on regardless of whatever Marlon will do in the series

I'm sure AG wasn't the very last we've seen of Misty. Most likely when Ash finally does win his very first League, all of his traveling companions at the very least will be shown watching him or have watched him do so in amazement.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sure AG wasn't the very last we've seen of Misty. Most likely when Ash finally does win his very first League, all of his traveling companions at the very least will be shown watching him or have watched him do so in amazement.
    Yeah i agree. "Real Cleffa Hanger"wasn't something you would call someone final appearance with most things about Misty being left undefined and hanging in air like her water master goal, not being set up what are her future plans etc with there not being given sense of closure. Episode certainly didn't seemed like send of leaving room for comeback in future.

I believe they already proved with random returns of Gary, Jessibelle(after 11 freaking years), Jasmine etc how long absence doesn't mean anything with writers being very unpredictable about older characters., They didn't had to return any of them, but still did. And if minor characters like above mentioned examples were brought back, there is nothing to say Misty couldn't at some point as well.In most shows original characters never end up forgotten with writers making sure with tokens like lure, appearing on picture in Brock special, appearing in DP High Touch opening how they don't want viewers to forget Misty.

I wouldn't even rule out completely chance top return to main cast temporarily, with Dawn extended return showing anything is in reality possible. I would kinda like to see first group reunited in final season or something having things come full circle.

Blog Entries

They didn't show anyone watching the Sinnoh league. Probably be the same for the Unova one.

Blog Entries

Depends on if anything extremely significant happens this league I suppose.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast