Misty making a return? - Page 15

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Misty making a return?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Misty making a return?

I'd say she probably won't be in BW2. Feels a lot like DP to me, at least back then she got a reference via the lure. That didn't happen this time.

Blog Entries

Basically, every character is at some point, new to the "target audience" consisting of young fans. And many of the characters were indeed popular. Thus, assuming Pokemon continues for many many more years to come, it goes without saying that most of them including Misty have a good chance to continue appearing.
    pokemon fan 132 and djulienr like this.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Turn All These Lights On!

Visit Reshirem's Youtube Channel

I'm thinking they'll go with the Gym Leaders returning to make an appearance in the World Tournament in the Anime. Maybe even some previous rivals. But if this is the case, then yes, I think Misty has a fair chance at making an appearance.

Blog Entries

So far there has been no indication of old Gym leaders returning and the Junior cup is proof of that. Not sure why she would get to appear now when they purposely didn't give her a DP appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by toodlesdoodles View Post
    I love Misty, I wish and hope she'll be coming back. Plus a lot of fans want to see her back, so I do think there is a good possibility that she'll be back, even if it's for a little bit :)
    Yes! we would love a cameo! to update us on her. She hasn't been forgotten but she should really appear!
    pokemon fan 132 and djulienr like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I love Misty, I wish and hope she'll be coming back. Plus a lot of fans want to see her back, so I do think there is a good possibility that she'll be back, even if it's for a little bit :)
    Yes! we would love a cameo! to update us on her. She hasn't been forgotten but she should really appear!
    An update on what, exactly? She's still the same as we left her, maybe a few new Pokemon but then again Dawn didn't get any new Pokemon so there is no indication she would.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    An update on what, exactly? She's still the same as we left her, maybe a few new Pokemon but then again Dawn didn't get any new Pokemon so there is no indication she would.
    Update on what has been happening with character lately and how much she improved and changed as trainer and person. If some of her pokemon evolved or she caught new ones in meantime, if she is still at gym or not. For all we know she could have been leaving gym top advance her skills and explore new pokemon, to develop new battling style, enter tournaments etc like numerous other gym leaders did(like Fantina, Cilan, Wallace, Roark etc). It would be interesting to see how she would interact with new Ash companions too.

Alot could have changed in past 6 years and since Misty never received closure she definitely deserves to return again and have more development.

Also Dawn case isn't comparable to anyone really. Main reason why she brought only older pokemon with her is because she took break from contests in Hoenn deciding with her current team to advance their moves and learn new way of battling, which would help her in future contest challenges in Hoenn.
    With Misty we don't know in what manner and for how long she would return if writers decide to bring her in BW2.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 15th July 2012 at 03:25 PM.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

I think the fact that even Brock might not get a cameo makes it obvious any character from pre-DP is a longshot.

Dawn, Iris and Cilan have never met Misty do nobody has any reason to bring her up. Ash for some reason rarely mentions old characters so forget about him.

Follow Bel Fanatic On Twitter

Anyone who has not been seen by a group of people is in a way new. It's like when people say "Everything old is new again." Nobody knows for sure unless the writers so let's not turn our views into facts. If it happens it does. Would i like it? Am I going to troll saying it is going to happen and thats that? No of course not. I'll take whatever happens.
    Bluelatios likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Umm, there's a LOT. How much she improved and changed as a trainer and person. If some of her pokemon evolved or if she maybe caught new ones. If she is still at the Cerulean Gym or not. What is she doing with her Water goal etc etc you just can't just say that there's nothing that needs to be updated because of how we previously saw her which was quite some time ago.
    djulienr likes this.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

Umm, there's a LOT. How much she improved and changed as a trainer and person. If some of her pokemon evolved or if she maybe caught new ones. If she is still at the Cerulean Gym or not. What is she doing with her Water goal etc etc you just can't just say that there's nothing that needs to be updated because of how we previously saw her which was quite some time ago.
    We already saw her improvement and captures during her appearance in AG.
    I respect your theories but the stuff they could possibly show Misty doing is pretty irrelevant to the actual storyline at this point.

Why is it important to showcase her Pokemon? The writers don't show every single character and what they have captured. Why? Because there's no need for it. If the writers randomly showed Misty and her new Pokemon.. what does that have to do with the main story atm?

Characters that left the show are obviously improving off-screen. They're off-screen for a reason.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Blog Entries

Considering the writers has blatantly given water centered plots to other characters and none of the previous water Gym leaders led to a Misty appearance I doubt the new BW2 water Gym leader will.

Juan, Wallace, Crasher Wake, even Cress all came and went and nobody connected any of them to Misty. So when Shuizu appears in later BW she probably won't be brought up either. I don't see the writers making a water tournament when that's what the Wallace Cup was and they focused on a different character instead.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I still don't think that Misty will appear in this season. Unless they actually do have a tournament full of Gym Leaders and Champions like they do in B2/W2, which seems kind of unlikely since I don't know if they would have Ash battle against Gym Leaders he's already defeated before, I can't really see a reason for her to appear. Seeing how she's progressed isn't really much of a reason since we've already had that in AG appearances and the specials that focused on her being a Gym Leader. Plus, considering how long since her last appearance, I think she would need a better reason than that to appear again. I don't think it's entirely impossible, but it looks really unlikely to me. That being said, despite my indifference towards the character, I wouldn't have a problem with Misty coming back. I wouldn't really care either way, but I wouldn't be against her making an appearance if they decided to go that route.

Blog Entries

Of course, it wouldn't necessarily have to be directly related to water Pokemon either, just as Dawn isn't participating in any actual contests (as far as we know). It seems to me that reasons such as seeing good friends again, meeting new ones, and going on more adventures together are simple and sufficient enough reasons. Pokemon was never known for being overly story-oriented either.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see pretty weak reasoning being provided why Misty shouldn't return.
    People say she needs reason and be relevant to current storyline?

Dawn extra long stay in region without contests proves how writers are more than enough capable of providing reasons, so they can surely provide reason behind Misty return too making their job a lot more easier because of not being dependent on contests being trainer.

If she go to BW2 filler arc to travel and compete in world competitions like her game counterpart does to advance her water master dream and develop more character, to get update on her and what has changed , for continuity purposes and to advertize BW2 games are all reasons through which she would aside from gaining benefit herself help to move current series story as well making her relevant again. There is no better way for someone to improve skills as trainer, but by entering tournaments with high competition challenging best. Not to mention going on journey to Unova would also give her opportunity to enrich her pokemon team by catching new pokemon and learn more by exploring different species and regions, than she would ever at gym. If any saga was suitable for Misty return this would be one of them because in that case with surprise return she wouldn't only bring unexpected twist to current series, but would also gain bigger marketing value to play in filler arc as well.

Not to mention world tournament isn't only viable option. She could return for water tournament similar to Whirl Cup to make further progress, like May did in Wallace Cup, to catch new water pokemon which is plausible too because outside of Unova 5th generation pokemon can't be found etc. while promoting BW2 because of being in them.

New games offered something which Misty can do and move forward which gives her potential to even become main again, but some longer appearance would be great as well.
    As for "whole thing not being possible because there is too many past gym leaders". I don't recall anyone ever said how writers would need to include all past gym leaders to support BW2 storyline and advertize games. Its enough to include only selected few with other characters being cotd, Ash and co etc. And out of selected few it makes a hell lot more sense to include Misty and Brock being two most popular gym leaders from games thanks to role they played in anime.

Iconic and recognizable characters like them would leave long lasting and better impact than some cotd or new character would.

What she already appeared in Hoenn, why should she again?

By that logic we could say same thing about Gary, Jessibelle, Giovanni, May etc. since we already saw them.

Misty needs to return because she never received closure as character, because she wasn't fleshed out enough and because many people want to see her again. When will someone return shouldn't be based on in how many episodes he was in, nor if we seen him before but if current story and character itself would benefit from return being always refreshing and interesting to see older favorites updated and took to new directions. And of course for writers to make advantage of their popularity.

If everything always happen of screen never to be showed, what is point of it? Misty was important to pokemon series having huge following, and not coming back and acknowledging existence makes in that case all contributions and existence in anime in first place pointless.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 16th July 2012 at 03:24 AM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast