Misty making a return? - Page 14

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Misty making a return?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Misty making a return?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The World tournament idea has been used.
    No, the Junior Cup has. As in the tournament that basically anyone can enter before the advanced cups get started. Why do you think the writers bothered to add that detail?

There is too much work to bring back old gym leaders and/or Misty when the writers can, and have, taken the easy way out with the Junior tournament.
    There is too much work to justify Ash battling Champions as part of an actual quest. Bringing back some old characters is not a problem at all.

Also unlike Brock who got a mention because Dawn traveled with him, neither Dawn nor Iris and Cilan have met Misty so nobody has any reason to bring her up. We know Ash never mentions old companions either.
    And this is relevant how? Misty, May and Dawn all returned without Ash mentioning them beforehand. Didn't you say that Brock's mention made him less likely to return? Which was an absurd argument, but at least be consistent.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why are you implying that Misty will appear because she's in the games? The writers ignore countless game characters, look at what happened to Team Plasma for god sakes. Let alone others like Cheren and various Elite's who will likely never appear.

Misty didn't appear in DP for the same reason. They weren't going to bring her back two generations after her departure especially when kids grew up watching the series without her for all of AG. Now with BW kids are most familiar with Dawn and Piplup so she's returning even though she's not in Bw2.

I remember saying all throughout DP that Misty might not appear, and once again I turned out to be right. If it weren't for some mishandled interviews by people who didn't know how to conduct a question with staff members and if the Misty lure didn't appear, nobody would have thought she would have had a chance to appear in DP the first place. The fact that an entire 4 year generation came and went without said character getting a role says a lot in itself.

After Dawn leaves it'll probably be the last we see of her too. The fact that Dawn is gettin such a long cameo will not translate to other characters not even Brock.

Every generation the same viewpoints of the writers are established and it correlates with the fandom and childhood viewership of the series. By the time Gen 6 starts I wouldn't be surprised if the entire old cast is never mentioned again other than Iris/Cilan.

Blog Entries

Why are you implying that Misty will appear because she's in the games? The writers ignore countless game characters, look at what happened to Team Plasma for god sakes. Let alone others like Cheren and various Elite's who will likely never appear.
    Ash hasn't left Unova yet. You can't say that Team Plasma, Cheren and those various Elites won't appear, because nobody knows that (except for the writers). Though the chances of them appearing may are slim, one can't be 100% sure of it. We still have a lot of episodes before the end, and let's not forget Genosect.

Misty didn't appear in DP for the same reason. They weren't going to bring her back two generations after her departure especially when kids grew up watching the series without her for all of AG. Now with BW kids are most familiar with Dawn and Piplup so she's returning even though she's not in Bw2.

I remember saying all throughout DP that Misty might not appear, and once again I turned out to be right. If it weren't for some mishandled interviews by people who didn't know how to conduct a question with staff members and if the Misty lure didn't appear, nobody would have thought she would have had a chance to appear in DP the first place. The fact that an entire 4 year generation came and went without said character getting a role says a lot in itself.

After Dawn leaves it'll probably be the last we see of her too. The fact that Dawn is gettin such a long cameo will not translate to other characters not even Brock.

Every generation the same viewpoints of the writers are established and it correlates with the fandom and childhood viewership of the series. By the time Gen 6 starts I wouldn't be surprised if the entire old cast is never mentioned again other than Iris/Cilan.
    Misty appeared in a picture placed in Brock's room last year, if I recall correctly. I think that that thing of children not knowing who she is not as important as you think it is. The fact is Misty is indeed in the new game, so they must have some idea of who she is. And writers won't simply erase the past of Pokémon just because children may not be aware of who she is (something which I find hard to agree with - in my country every little kid who watches Pokémon has seen some of the old episodes online -, and let's not forget Pokémon Smash, which reruns old episodes).

During DP, the writers gave us references to Training Daze, Meowzie, Jessie's friend Blissey, Victreebel, Ash's Caterpie (twice), that incident of Pikachu not wanting to evolve, Jessiebelle, James's parents, Jessie's Arbok, Team Rocket's old motto, Gary and appearances of most of Ash's old Pokémon.

Sure, it's true that we haven't had a lot of references in BW, but this new season which brings back old Pokémon is just starting, and they seem to be starting to recall the past. Does it mean that Misty will appear? Probably not, but it is possible, and I think it will happen, even if just as a flashback or a fantasy. But everything is possible.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Blog Entries

Gliscor'd man, if that's your opinion then that's fine, but I'm not convinced that its as unlikely as you say it is. Silktree is right in every way IMO. There's simply no reason to abandon perfectly useable and generally well received characters. That's the bottom line. The writers will do it if they decide they want to and I can see them doing it eventually.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Gliscor'd man, if that's your opinion then that's fine, but I'm not convinced that its as unlikely as you say it is. Silktree is right in every way IMO. There's simply no reason to abandon perfectly useable and generally well received characters. That's the bottom line. The writers will do it if they decide they want to and I can see them doing it eventually.
    It's a little late for that isn't it? 2002 was 10 years ago. She stopped getting episode appearances by 2005.

How can this be explained away when already 10 years and 550+ eps have passed?

Blog Entries

Simple. It can't be explained because we're not the people in charge. That argument has been done enough now. Its best if we just put our differences behind us.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

I think Misty's cameos as well as May's and possibly Brock's are done. After Dawn leaves she'll be gone for good too.

I don't expect to see Misty in BW just like I didn't expect her in DP.

Why are you implying that Misty will appear because she's in the games?
    I don't think anyone really implied it necessarily happening, but simply suggesting the possibility, unlike how you deny any possibility for no real reason
    They'll have to make up SOMETHING for Ash to do for about 39 eps between the Unova League to gen 6
    They might take the idea of World Tournament and furhter develope it to give us a few more tournaments, like some people suggested before
    This may or may not involve appearances from past characters like Misty and others

The writers ignore countless game characters,
    False, since DP started they're doing their best to showcase each and every one of the important game characters

look at what happened to Team Plasma for god sakes.
    That's a really bad example since we know they DID intend on them to appear and play some role in the show and their eps were even ready to air and everything... not to mention they even bothered to include Looker... it's only because of the disaster and the way Japan deals with these things that Plasma was "banned" but they obviously were supposed to appear

Let alone others like Cheren
    Other than the player characters, who there is except of Cheren? Not to mention the likely possibility that they intentually waited to use older Cheren... (or skipped him but will now decide to feature older Cheren even if they didn't know about it ahead of time)

and various Elite's who will likely never appear.
    Caitlin appeared, says who that the other 3 won't appear too by the end of BW?

Surely didn't stop them from bringing back much less known characters like Jessiebelle or Jasmine (and even Gary disappeared for long time and randomly appeared again)
    If Jasmine can be brought back after not appearing since Season 5, Misty can appear again after not appearing properly since Season 8 (and getting various mentions and cameos during Seasons 9/10/DP movie intros showing scenes from past movies/Brock's "special"...)

I remember saying all throughout DP that Misty might not appear, and once again I turned out to be right.
    You also said all throughout DP that Ash will win the Sinnoh League and enter the Champion League
    You said lots of things, and like anyone saying many things, inevitably, some of which will be right and some will be wrong

By the time Gen 6 starts I wouldn't be surprised if the entire old cast is never mentioned again other than Iris/Cilan.
    They never totally forget the past and they proved it time and time again
    There's no need to randomly bring old characters or mention things from the past every second... they're doing it when they feel like it / when it's fitting to do it

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

You guys must respect the writers for at least bringing back every female main character in the following series. I think that's good enough. I mean they could have been extremely cold and just completely erased each character after their run.
    They didn't have to give Misty, May nor Dawn appearances, but they did. I think that's enough to be happy about. Focusing on their current characters are their main goals.
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

HGSS featured Misty and she didn't appear in DP. She won't in BW2.

Professor Lavender toodlesdoodles's Avatar
    Add toodlesdoodles on Facebook

I love Misty, I wish and hope she'll be coming back. Plus a lot of fans want to see her back, so I do think there is a good possibility that she'll be back, even if it's for a little bit :)
    Last edited by Iteru; 15th July 2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: We don't need random fanart in posts.
    Bluelatios likes this.
    "It's not enough to just train a Pokemon, but the true master comes from the heart and your relationship with your Pokemon."

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan View Post
    Ash hasn't left Unova yet. You can't say that Team Plasma, Cheren and those various Elites won't appear, because nobody knows that (except for the writers). Though the chances of them appearing may are slim, one can't be 100% sure of it. We still have a lot of episodes before the end, and let's not forget Genosect.
    Really, if the writers haven't used TP yet, then they obviously had no intention of following the game's plot. If that's the case, then they shouldn't use TP at all.

And Misty returning is highlt unlikely. It is possible that she will return. But to go from "it can happend" to "it can happen, so it will happen" as so many people do is ridiculous.

I highly doubt Misty will ever come back. Only reason why Dawn is coming back is because of viewership of Pokemon plummeted after DP ended.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toodlesdoodles View Post
    I love Misty, I wish and hope she'll be coming back. Plus a lot of fans want to see her back, so I do think there is a good possibility that she'll be back, even if it's for a little
    A lot of fans out of the target audience who haven't even watched pokemon in 10 years.

In the current fanbase, Misty is no more popular than the other main characters.

HGSS featured Misty and she didn't appear in DP.
    RSE didn't feature Lance yet he appeared in AG
    (if you'll use FRLG as an excuse, then we can use BW2 as an excuse for Misty)

She won't in BW2.
    That's not a fact, that's your opinion... you may be right, you may be wrong...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast