Misty making a return? - Page 13

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Misty making a return?

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Misty making a return?

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Because they can't do anything outside of water, which, again, is why they never repeated this mistake
    Eh to be fair, Orange Islands screamed water everywhere, there was Whirl Cup and Whirl islands archipelago along with Johto having many water rich areas where this pokemon could have been put to good use. However writers missed on most of those opportunities not having experience and knowledge in treating certain things properly back than.

Beside at least with Horsea line it was showed how they are able to battle on dry land to some extent, like Kingdra for example.
    Personally i welcomed that Misty had fish based pokemon too, making sense for water trainer to collect aquatic pokemon and it made her stand out compared to others. I only wish writers utilized them more, and if Misty returns hopefully we might see Kingdra with her.

Corsola and Staryu were at least decent battlers and usually helped her during Johto
    Psyduck had its good moments too
    I wouldn't say Politoed was Misty's only "battle ready" Poké
    Agreed. Its pretty clear how Staryu and Corsola were among Misty strongest and with most battling experience pokemon, with Staryu showing to be resistant and well trained being of great help. One of his most memorable moments was in third movie when being on pair with Molly Mantine which was double stronger than normally he would be thanks to Unown. And Corsola had excellent defense abilities catching opponents of guard with victories in Whirl Cup, against Dorian and later in hosos being confirmation to unique abilities this pokemon has.

I hope Misty can return!! I know that the kids in this generation already know who she is by watching older re runs and older relatives telling the kids about her. So anyone who says they don't know who she is is incorrect.

Maybe.Maybe not.I don't think she is coming back though :|

I don't think that Misty, May, Brock or Tracey will appear soon! Maybe in the filler saga or in the next series...

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's a possibility she will appear in the opening with the others like the second DP opening. Doesn't mean she'll appear in any episodes though as seen last time in DP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if they would make fish Pokemon capable of hovering on land like in the games and Goldeen in Pikachu and Pichu?
    Waaaiit a minute *slaps forehead. Tynamo! That's a Pokemon that lives in water (even though its not technically water type), and Elesa's was seen hovering. Ok, so they can change Pokemon world physics if they want, and have fish battle on land. I guess that takes care of that roadblock. Maybe in addition to Misty, they could have some other water trainers appear sometime soon.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

If Misty appears in the new BW opening, don't overreact thinking she will appear in episodes. Misty was in the second DP opening yet never appeared in any episodes.

Blog Entries

Wouldn't it be cool if they would make fish Pokemon capable of hovering on land like in the games and Goldeen in Pikachu and Pichu?
    Waaaiit a minute *slaps forehead. Tynamo! That's a Pokemon that lives in water (even though its not technically water type), and Elesa's was seen hovering. Ok, so they can change Pokemon world physics if they want, and have fish battle on land. I guess that takes care of that roadblock. Maybe in addition to Misty, they could have some other water trainers appear sometime soon.
    Tynamo's ability is levitate.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Me making assumptions on either end? Don't be silly XD. And ok yeah, levitate but heck, they can still do whatever they want. Lol, why would a fish have levitate anyway?facing off against Politoed

Continuing the topic, which character in the current group would you like too see battling Misty, and which Pokemon should face off? For some reason, I would find it amusing for a serious Pokemon like Excadrill, raring to go only to find itself against a super happy and carefree Pokemon like Politioed and getting caught entirely off guard :p.
    Last edited by Bluelatios; 19th June 2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

With the Junior cup confirmed to have 16 people we now know for a fact no old Gym leaders are returning as I predicted. So the writers are not adapting the world tournament aspect from the games.

I don't think Misty or any old Gym leader will appear in BW now. Sure there could be more tournaments after the league but I imagine they won't adapt any world tournament ideas from the games. So I guess we now know Misty will not be appearing.

I hope Misty can return. She really deserves it.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't think Misty or any old Gym leader will appear in BW now. Sure there could be more tournaments after the league but I imagine they won't adapt any world tournament ideas from the games. So I guess we now know Misty will not be appearing.
    The highlighted words are not interchangeable.

What do you propose the writers are going to have Ash do in the remaining months after the league? I thought you'd given up on the Champion League idea.

So the writers are not adapting the world tournament aspect from the games.
    The World Tournament has several aspects. Technically, the Junior Cup isn't all that different than the in-game tournament (called the Driftveil Tournament) that is accessible during the main story. Only after the Elite Four does it become possible to face gym leaders in new tournaments.

Blog Entries

I don't see them bringing back any old Gym leaders, which is the only reason Misty is included with.

Those champions in the opening will probably be who Ash faces after the league. I think Misty won't appear in BW much like she didn't in DP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Those champions in the opening will probably be who Ash faces after the league.
    Cynthia and Alder? They're tied to the Junior Cup, so there doesn't have to be another reason for their inclusion in the opening. As for Shizui and Drayden, who are gym leaders, they could definitely appear before the league. The opening itself is incredibly likely to be replaced after the league.
    Piplup and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

The World tournament idea has been used. There is too much work to bring back old gym leaders and/or Misty when the writers can, and have, taken the easy way out with the Junior tournament.

Also unlike Brock who got a mention because Dawn traveled with him, neither Dawn nor Iris and Cilan have met Misty so nobody has any reason to bring her up. We know Ash never mentions old companions either.
    Pronged Pickle likes this.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast