Misty making a return? - Page 12

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 264
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Misty making a return?

  1. #166
    samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Posts
    4,550
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-think-any-ash-satoshis-other-companions-will-ever-join-him-again-120025/

    Please use the above debate thread in Pokemon League if you wish to discuss the likelihood of Misty returning to the show in general. This thread is intended for speculation specifically about the possibility of her returning in Best Wishes 2. As such, you may discuss the likelihood that we will see her in BW2, or what kind of things you envision her doing if she were to return in BW2. Please just ensure that your posts remain on-topic and clearly pertain to BW2.

    Additionally, please avoid dictating to other users how they may or may not put forward an opinion. Talk about what is positive or negative discussion is also irrelevant to this thread, and is passing unnecessary judgement upon users who are not violating any rules.

  2. #167
    SOVA Leader Bluelatios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    325
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    I've explained my own approach to this and other debates, so lets indeed get back to BW2. If Misty were to return in the Junior cup or some other event, what Pokemon do you think she would use? Do you think she would pick up any 4th or 5th gen Pokemon like Lumineon or Swanna?
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

  3. #168
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    I would like to see her Staryu as a Starmie.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

  4. #169
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Other than Gyarados, Misty generally isn't given powerful Pokemon.

    Her only other two new Pokemon in AG were Luvdisc and Azurill. Yeah, the first of which is considered one of the worst water pokemon ever created and the second of which is just another baby Pokemon. I can't count Togetic because she released it.

    There were a lot of cool water pokemon she could have theoretically shown up with, but I guess the writers have no interest in making her like her game counterpart, who seems much stronger.

  5. #170
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,393
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    If Misty were to return in the Junior cup or some other event, what Pokemon do you think she would use? Do you think she would pick up any 4th or 5th gen Pokemon like Lumineon or Swanna?
    Gastrodon and Jellicent stand out as the more versatile options she could have from the recent generations, although Wash Rotom would be even more interesting. Starmie, Seaking, Azumarill and Kingdra would be nice to see, and if Corsola happened to have a Generation VI evolution revealed next year, that would be the most interesting option. I don't think Psyduck should evolve.
    Last edited by Silktree; 9th June 2012 at 09:17 PM.

  6. #171
    Registered User djulienr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    I would like to see her Staryu as a Starmie.
    she already has a Starmie tho so then shed have two...
    Fav Ships: PalletShipping AdvancedShipping CafeMochaShipping PearlShipping ComaShipping CollideShipping RespectShipping

  7. #172
    SOVA Leader Bluelatios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    325
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    I like the sound of Seadra or Kingdra considering it could evolve from the Horsea she currently has. It would make sense if its getting trained at the gym. Politoed can technically count as powerful by anime standards.
    djulienr likes this.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

  8. #173
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,393
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Politoed can technically count as powerful by anime standards.
    It doesn't take much to be considered powerful in the anime. Politoed is a strong choice in the games, as well, due to Drizzle.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

  9. #174
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Why would they evolve Horsea when they didn't do it back in Johto, when Kingdra was a new Pokemon at the time?

    Its pretty damn obvious the writers didn't want Misty to have "powerhouse" Pokemon. That's why Psyduck didn't evolve, why Starmie was dumped in favor of Staryu, why Goldeen and Horsea remaind kinda useless, and Togepi didn't evolve till it was to be released.

    Politoed is likely the only exception, because they wanted her to have one battle ready Pokemon.
    Yankees4life likes this.

  10. #175
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,393
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Why would they evolve Horsea when they didn't do it back in Johto, when Kingdra was a new Pokemon at the time?
    Why did May's Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve after she'd left the show? Why did Brock's Onix evolve under Forrest's care? Even Ash's Cyndaquil didn't have an obvious reason to evolve in the DP series. Kingdra is a grossly under-showcased Pokémon that hasn't been seen in the anime since Johto; it should be featured at some point now that old Pokémon are returning.

    Its pretty damn obvious the writers didn't want Misty to have "powerhouse" Pokemon.
    Regardless of what they wanted during the original series, they gave her a Gyarados in the Hoso specials which she also used in the Togepi two-parter and Mastermind special. Your point is moot.
    Last edited by Silktree; 9th June 2012 at 11:45 PM.

  11. #176
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    If Misty came back, I'd love for them to give Mamanbou some time in the spotlight, as it hasn't really had any yet. Bring back Caserin, explain that it and Luverin have been experiencing some marital problems. Kasumi brought it out to Unova on the rebound, and falls in love with the more beautiful heart shaped fish thing. Following that, Misty leaves so the fish can mingle at the Hanada gym.

  12. #177
    pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    If Misty returns in BW2, personally i wish she could comeback for extended visit like Dawn does next time she returns. Now don't get me wrong i would gladly welcome her return to main cast too as fourth member for BW2 filler arc providing plausible way to do something which would help move story forward becoming relevant ,but some longer appearance for at least 5 episodes would be great too.

    Like i said i wouldn't be surprised if Horsea already evolved to Kingdra, or Azurill in Azumarill given how long it has passed, and it would be nice to find out how much she grew as trainer and person.
    I doubt she stayed for all this time only at gym either probably doing solo journeys to get new pokemon and improve skills ,which could help her in future career in becoming best water trainer.

    Out of 5th generation pokemon, i believe Jellicent would be great addition to Misty team giving more versatility to her roaster and unique aspect seeing how its half ghost. I could see Swanna being one of possibilities too with its elegance and fact that it can fly being one of pokemon for which she would easily fall in love, wanting to have it.Although Finneon, Rotom or Walrein from 4th generation would be interesting choices too.

    To GreatLiver:I agree about Alomomola. It would be cool if Misty had some new fish pokemon, and i would welcome if she used it in world tournament or for something else if she returns in BW2.
    We rarely see fish pokemon in battle, and this could be perfect opportunity to make more use of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Other than Gyarados, Misty generally isn't given powerful Pokemon.

    Her only other two new Pokemon in AG were Luvdisc and Azurill. Yeah, the first of which is considered one of the worst water pokemon ever created and the second of which is just another baby Pokemon. I can't count Togetic because she released it.

    There were a lot of cool water pokemon she could have theoretically shown up with, but I guess the writers have no interest in making her like her game counterpart, who seems much stronger.
    So Corsola, Staryu and Politoad doesn't count? Politoad is equally strong as Poliwhirl alternate final form Poliwrath. He was portrayed as strong battle when he was Poliwhirl, and after evolution it didn't seemed any weaker. Staryu and Corsola are one of most used and trained Misty pokemon, being strong and of great use in battles she entered.

    Im also not sure why is Luvdisc viewed as weak water type? Last time i checked Juan Luvdisc defeated with no problems Ash Growyle giving him lot of headache, and Misty Caserin was successful when battling Butch and Cassidy Sableye and Houndoom . Anime=/=games, and if anything in anime they were actually portrayed as useful battlers.
    If we are talking about worst water pokemon, i believe that's Magikarp.

    Agreed about Azurill being just baby, but it was still far more useful than Togepi was knowing how to battle having potential to become better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Why would they evolve Horsea when they didn't do it back in Johto, when Kingdra was a new Pokemon at the time?
    Considering how same thing happened with May,with Bulbasaur, Eevee and Squirtle not evolving when she was on show, there is no reason why same couldn't happen with Misty Horsea.

    If she comes back with Kingdra it would reflect how much she improved as trainer in mean time, and be of great help to use it in battle whether its for World tournament or some other competition.
    Not like world tournament is only option for Misty return either. She could return for something else as well, still helping to advertize new games .

    Politoed is likely the only exception, because they wanted her to have one battle ready Pokemon.
    Staryu and Corsola weren't battle ready?
    Angel~ likes this.

  13. #178
    SOVA Leader Bluelatios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    325
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    In the case of Psyduck, well he's just plain funny. Evolving would mean shedding his very nature XD. I'd say Corsola is also one of the stronger Pokemon. With recover, its sort of portrayed as a "tank" to wear down the foe, so its pretty unique. Wouldn't it be cool if they would make fish Pokemon capable of hovering on land like in the games and Goldeen in Pikachu and Pichu?
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

  14. #179
    XY Piplup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,110

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Why would they evolve Horsea when they didn't do it back in Johto, when Kingdra was a new Pokemon at the time?
    If May's Bulbasaur can evolve twice off screen for a one second still shot, Misty's Horsea can do it too (and hopefully for more than what poor Venusaur got)

    Its pretty damn obvious the writers didn't want Misty to have "powerhouse" Pokemon.
    No, it's pretty obvious the writing was bad during that time and they just didn't know how to handle a sidekick character or fish-based Pokémon that can't battle on land (that explains why no main cast member ever got a Pokémon like that in AG/DP)

    That's why Psyduck didn't evolve,
    No, the reason it didn't evolve and probably will never evolve is because it's a too iconic and mascot-like running gag Pokémon

    why Starmie was dumped in favor of Staryu,
    Because it was boring to have two Poké from the same evolution line and because they needed to throw away 2 of her Poké to make place for Poliwag and Corsola

    why Goldeen and Horsea remaind kinda useless,
    Because they can't do anything outside of water, which, again, is why they never repeated this mistake

    and Togepi didn't evolve till it was to be released.
    It didn't evolve because it was treated as a baby that can't battle and a cute little mascot that Misty could carry around with her
    There was nothing more to it... when Misty left and Togepi lost its "mascot"-like status, since they still needed to showcase Togetic, they made Misty's first surprise return be a two parter about Toge's evolution

    Politoed is likely the only exception, because they wanted her to have one battle ready Pokemon.
    Corsola and Staryu were at least decent battlers and usually helped her during Johto
    Psyduck had its good moments too
    I wouldn't say Politoed was Misty's only "battle ready" Poké
    Anyway, the writers certainly didn't purposely prevent Misty from owning a strong Poké like you seem to suggest
    martianmister and PokéVision like this.

  15. #180
    Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In a Poke Mart.
    Posts
    1,194
    Blog Entries
    89

    Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Misty making a return?

    I don't think so, but if it happened, well, I'll have to shake the person who makes the animes hand.


    I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •