Mega Evolutions in the anime - Page 7

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Mega Evolutions in the anime

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I'd rather see some of the other Kanto starters getting some love. Lizardon is always the one to get a lot of focus, I think Fushigidane or Zenigame deserve to re-appear as well. It would be great seeing one of them evolving after so many years and then mega evolving in some epic battle.
    Agreed; Lizardon is a great Pokemon that always comes through, but Fushigidane and Zenigame have done equally well for Satoshi. If the writers can pull it off, I'd love to see both of them evolve before XY is through and Mega Evolve to boot.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Non View Post
    I'd rather see some of the other Kanto starters getting some love. Lizardon is always the one to get a lot of focus, I think Fushigidane or Zenigame deserve to re-appear as well. It would be great seeing one of them evolving after so many years and then mega evolving in some epic battle.
    Agreed; Lizardon is a great Pokemon that always comes through, but Fushigidane and Zenigame have done equally well for Satoshi. If the writers can pull it off, I'd love to see both of them evolve before XY is through and Mega Evolve to boot.
    I hope BW doesn't end with ash getting his ass kicked by Gary and Megablastoise and instead he takes back his own evolved blastoise from jenny and megas it himself.
    Last edited by Hoopa; 4th September 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

While I wouldn't mind Bulbasaur and Squritle evolving in order to reach their Mega forms, I don't think that's too likely to happen, especially when they already have Charizard. I could see Ash learning about Mega Evolution while traveling through the Kalos region and trying to figure out a way to make Charizard Mega Evolve.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

They will either play a massive part or will barely be used.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I could see Ash learning about Mega Evolution while traveling through the Kalos region and trying to figure out a way to make Charizard Mega Evolve.
    That actually sounds like a neat idea for a storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    They will either play a massive part or will barely be used.
    I dunno...why not be featured in moderation?
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Eh just can't really see them being used in moderation.

I sincerely cannot picture Ash's Bulbasaur ever evolving. If he received an entire episode dedicated to how he doesn't wish to evolve, I don't expect him to ever change his mind and grind to Venusaur just for the sake of going Mega. I don't remember his Squirtle ever saying something against his own evolution, but I don't think the writers would evolve him either.

However, on the subject of May possibly returning with a Mega Blaziken, I would like to remember she has a Venusaur and a Wartotle. If they wish to show everything it would be killing three birds with a single stone.

Blog Entries

I know that Fushigidane evolving is very unlikely, since it doesn't want to, but that isn't valid for Zenigame, who never said anything about not wanting to evolve. Also I don't like Haruka's Pokémon at all. I want Satoshi's Zenigame to mega/evolve, not Haruka's Kameil and Fushigibana.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe they can take a page from Digimon and let Bulbasaur warp right to Mega Evolution and back.

I wouldn't mind that honestly.
    Muur likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I know that Fushigidane evolving is very unlikely, since it doesn't want to, but that isn't valid for Zenigame, who never said anything about not wanting to evolve. Also I don't like Haruka's Pokémon at all. I want Satoshi's Zenigame to mega/evolve, not Haruka's Kameil and Fushigibana.
    I thought that it was kind of implied that Squirtle didn't want to evolve due to being the leader of the Squirtle Squad, as well as being abandoned possibly due to not wanting to evolve. That's more assumptions than anything else, but it still seems pretty unlikely that it would evolve at this point. I still can't really see May appearing again until R/S remakes are made and the only one of her Pokemon I could see gaining a Mega Evolution would be her Blaziken. Her Venasaur was on screen for like five seconds, so I doubt that they would give it special treatment like a Mega form anyway. Her Wartortle got some screentime as a Squritle, but I doubt that they would showcase three Mega Pokemon with her. I wouldn't mind if Bulbasaur or Squritle could evolve so that they could Mega Evolve, but it would probably be seen as unnecessary work by the writing staff when they already have Charizard that they could work with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I thought that it was kind of implied that Squirtle didn't want to evolve due to being the leader of the Squirtle Squad, as well as being abandoned possibly due to not wanting to evolve.
    Really? I never thought of that. I think it would be a better leader if it decided to evolve into a Kamex. Well, if that is the case, then I think I should just kill my hopes of ever seeing his two Kanto starters evolving. So, perhaps they might reveal Mega Meganium and Mega Bakphoon, giving the writers opportunities to bring Satoshi's Bayleef and Magmarashi back for a time? Jukain and Goukazaru are also valid candidates for getting Mega, but while I love both Pokémon, I was hoping to see some of Satoshi's Gen I/II Pokémon becoming fully evolved.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

I'd hope that Ash would show Mega Charaizard, Gary show Mega Blastoise and May use both Mega Blaziken and Venasaur.

I'd like to see Gary's Mega Blastoise beat Charizard, and then Charizard regain the score after it has achieved mega evolution.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Charizard as a Mega Evo would destroy whole the XY anime. If Ash got Mega Blastoise/Venusaur it would probably destroy too. No I say, that Ash should leave Mega evos alone(unless we does not get Mega Palpitoad of course!). He does not need them and they does not need him. Mega evos under Ashs ownership screams OVERUSED.
    8ther and SammyW27 like this.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Charizard as a Mega Evo would destroy whole the XY anime. If Ash got Mega Blastoise/Venusaur it would probably destroy too. No I say, that Ash should leave Mega evos alone(unless we does not get Mega Palpitoad of course!). He does not need them and they does not need him. Mega evos under Ashs ownership screams OVERUSED.
    Not necessarily. They might get a late-show appearance, and possibly be more difficult to achieve in the anime than the games to keep them from being overused.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Mega evos under Ashs ownership screams OVERUSED.
    Or any recurring character for that matter :uhoh

Heck, that's my biggest fear with the Mega-Evos: they'll be the Pocket Monsters version of the Super Saiyans...
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast