Mega Evolutions in the anime - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 166
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Mega Evolutions in the anime

  1. #61
    Legendary Pokemon クリスタル's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Digital World
    Posts
    335
    Follow クリスタル On Twitter

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Why would you guys wanted a MegaPikachu only for the sake of Ash to look stronger? Isn't Raichu already something similar to Mega Evolved Pikachu?

    Go by game-stat-wise, Pikachu's BST is 300, whereas Raichu is 475. I don't think a MegaPikachu will get a stat-boost of 175 that will surpass its normal evolve form. Besides, Pikachu already has Light Ball as its personal power-up item. Giving it a Mega Evolution is just unnecessary.

    And go by anime-wise, If Pikachu gets a Mega Evolution, then Ash will probably battle with Pikachu 90% of the time, where it just means steal the screen time of other Pokemon even further. And that gives a perfect excuse of Ash's Pokemon, including Pikachu, to never grow up, because one MegaPikachu is enough to sweep all the others off. The anime is a show about Pokemon, not just Pikachu. I don't want to see Pikachu all the time, I want to see other Pokemon battles as well.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

  2. #62
    Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,060
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    I agree, we definitely need some stylish transformation song + transformation scene when this occurs.
    Maybe Team Flare can help!



    (Heck, that's likely what the producers will make them do anyway)
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    I expect Ash to get at least one Mega Evo. And when he does we'll know which member of his team is the powerhouse haha
    8ther, Robo-Floatzel and Duque like this.

  4. #64
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Imagine that they do a Mega Drapion and Paul coming back with his Drapion and evolves it to its Mega form. That would be epic!
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  5. #65
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Well, from that list of possible Mega Evolutions based on Pokemon that were trademarked here (and this is probably a sampling of them):

    All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF): Registered Trademark and Mega Pokemon

    We just have Mega Charizard and Mega Heracross for Ash,

    I could honestly see them perhaps revealing Mega Charizard next CoroCoro, and having it appear in BW at the end in some form to be the "lead-in" to XY.
    It will most likely happen if that is so, though it would make Ash too overpowered when you think about it, considering how Pikachu's level is going to reset the moment he touches Kalosian soil.

    Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    Why would you guys wanted a MegaPikachu only for the sake of Ash to look stronger? Isn't Raichu already something similar to Mega Evolved Pikachu?

    Go by game-stat-wise, Pikachu's BST is 300, whereas Raichu is 475. I don't think a MegaPikachu will get a stat-boost of 175 that will surpass its normal evolve form. Besides, Pikachu already has Light Ball as its personal power-up item. Giving it a Mega Evolution is just unnecessary.

    And go by anime-wise, If Pikachu gets a Mega Evolution, then Ash will probably battle with Pikachu 90% of the time, where it just means steal the screen time of other Pokemon even further. And that gives a perfect excuse of Ash's Pokemon, including Pikachu, to never grow up, because one MegaPikachu is enough to sweep all the others off. The anime is a show about Pokemon, not just Pikachu. I don't want to see Pikachu all the time, I want to see other Pokemon battles as well.
    Honestly, I don't wish for Mega Evolutions to be the main focus of the X/Y anime (or the games either), because like you said, it would cause Pikachu to steal the spotlight from the other 750+ Pokemon in the franchise, not to mention I feel like Mega Evoutions are, in a way, a desperate attempt to bring back older fans into the franchise. I really wouldn't want Ash to have a Mega Evolution on his team until much later in the X/Y series, because I feel like he's not ready for it.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  6. #66
    Uchuuuuu KITAAAA!!! Duque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,055
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    To be honest, Ash will never be ready to upgrades, only downgrades. We can, at least, expect someone with a mega pokemon trash him... or loses to him, for the sake to make the "evolution isn't important" esque (despite the fact this statement was trashed by BW Ash himself at least in four moments). I don't know, Ash is essentially the stupidity itself, there's no mega/hyper/giga pokemon possibly changing that. I'd appreciate a Mega Charizard/Mega Heracross though, despite the fact they couldn't make Ash look strong with them (his main rival/only league rival will always destroy whatever he sends).
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    I kind of HOPED a "Mega Pikachu" was possible. Pikachu has been in the backseat for most of Best Wishes when it came to important battles.
    This would bypass the issue of Pikachu permanently being evolved.
    They could come up with some excuse to make it so Satoshi can't have him Mega-Evolve all the time. Besides, the anime isn't the game. Being mega-evolved doesn't automatically guarantees he will take all the victories or render other Pokemon obselete...

  8. #68
    Registered User PyroPokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Beacon Academy
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I definitely want there to be a Mega Pikachu. The guy needs to bring something new to the table and it could be used as a physical distinction between early series Pikachu and Godchu. Heck, make it Electric/Fairy and then they can go dragon slaying during Godchu moments.

    It would also be interesting if there was a Fire/Dragon Mega Charizard that's designed to appeal to the kids in the same way Charizard was marketed as being the badass one back in OS.

    Either way, it's a way for Ash's Pokémon to get extra development and power without having to permanently evolve anyone. I would be all for it.
    Mega Pikachu.......

    For the fact people mentioning Raichu, has anyone noticed so far all revealed Mega Evolving Pokemon don't use an evolution stone? Raichu is a Pikachu taking the power from a stone which permanently gives it power, while Mega could perhaps bypass that, and gave an alternate power-up/Super Saiyan/Bankai/Sage Mode/DNA Digivolution/-insert other powerup gimmick-.

    I totally think Mega Pikachu could happen for several points.

    1. It is a way for Pikachu to get stronger without sacrificing itself to become a Raichu, which has always been an issue. As stated above.

    2. It's been mentioned to need more than a Mega stone to evolve to Mega, so hence there is some belief in Pokemon-Amie to play a role, which can relate to the strong bond between Ash and Pikachu, hence they can reach such power, if it is possible.

    Also, who says it would just be Pikachu gaining Mega? Maybe it shows up in a Movie Mewtwo fashion, where the Kalos Pokemon make Mega cameos when the group is in danger is a battle, and don't know how they did and what they did to save the crew or win the battle.

    And of course it can't be something explored early, I mean WE only learned out about it pretty close to the games releasing, which is 2 month from now.
    I came up though that it would be Ash getting owned by the Gym Leader who knows some info on Mega, and we get a new version of the Ash vs. Sabrina episode, where Ass tries to learn to tap into it with his Pokemon/training episode and it is learned and not mastered, which adds to the struggle of each Pokemon trying to master it, as it takes good control to use the power without failing, like every other super power-up that other anime heroes have gained

  9. #69
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,799
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    I can picture them being used as plot devices to win important battles, at least in the latter half of the series.

  10. #70
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,816
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Hmm...I didn't take Korinna into consideration for this. Yeah, I can definitely see that happening, requiring a bunch of filler between first and second gym battles with her. Or at least that's what sagas that are NOT BW would do. Otherwise, all it would require is obtaining a Mega Stone for target pokemon and boom. In fact, this does bring back the kind of idea that was in the original series that the gym leaders are truly daunting. So much that one questions how a kid could even hope to stand a chance. While most would use this as reason to bring in more development and up the stakes, I don't see the anime doing that. They'll either BS it or they'll pretend that Ash is special and already has the potential. If they do take the time to show growth, though, it will have to depend on what exactly else is for a Mega form to work. So far, they seem to be indicative of someone who has already mastered their pokemon. I can see why people are targeting Pikachu for that, but I think we need more information. I don't think he is going to get one, and even if he did, what makes you think that he isn't going to refuse it just like he did his real evo? Pikachu is Pikachu, at least for the anime.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  11. #71
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroPokeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I definitely want there to be a Mega Pikachu. The guy needs to bring something new to the table and it could be used as a physical distinction between early series Pikachu and Godchu. Heck, make it Electric/Fairy and then they can go dragon slaying during Godchu moments.

    It would also be interesting if there was a Fire/Dragon Mega Charizard that's designed to appeal to the kids in the same way Charizard was marketed as being the badass one back in OS.

    Either way, it's a way for Ash's Pokémon to get extra development and power without having to permanently evolve anyone. I would be all for it.
    Mega Pikachu.......

    For the fact people mentioning Raichu, has anyone noticed so far all revealed Mega Evolving Pokemon don't use an evolution stone? Raichu is a Pikachu taking the power from a stone which permanently gives it power, while Mega could perhaps bypass that, and gave an alternate power-up/Super Saiyan/Bankai/Sage Mode/DNA Digivolution/-insert other powerup gimmick-.

    I totally think Mega Pikachu could happen for several points.

    1. It is a way for Pikachu to get stronger without sacrificing itself to become a Raichu, which has always been an issue. As stated above.

    2. It's been mentioned to need more than a Mega stone to evolve to Mega, so hence there is some belief in Pokemon-Amie to play a role, which can relate to the strong bond between Ash and Pikachu, hence they can reach such power, if it is possible.

    Also, who says it would just be Pikachu gaining Mega? Maybe it shows up in a Movie Mewtwo fashion, where the Kalos Pokemon make Mega cameos when the group is in danger is a battle, and don't know how they did and what they did to save the crew or win the battle.

    And of course it can't be something explored early, I mean WE only learned out about it pretty close to the games releasing, which is 2 month from now.
    I came up though that it would be Ash getting owned by the Gym Leader who knows some info on Mega, and we get a new version of the Ash vs. Sabrina episode, where Ass tries to learn to tap into it with his Pokemon/training episode and it is learned and not mastered, which adds to the struggle of each Pokemon trying to master it, as it takes good control to use the power without failing, like every other super power-up that other anime heroes have gained
    THIS THIS 100x this

    I thought Pokemon Amie would be a bit obsolete like Pokemon Musicals, but I think you're onto something about the bond between Pokemon and trainer being what gives the Mega Form power, they love this sort of cheesy stuff. We could even have Colress appear realising the error of his ways, that it's the strong bond blah blah blah that makes Pokemon release their true potential.

    Also it explains the clip at the end of the Origins trailer where it looks like Red and Charizard are merging/fusing bonding, then the helix symbol appears and Charizard's on that rainbow light.

  12. #72
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Everyone is talking about Mega Pikachu in here so I guess I have to share my thoughts about it too. And I say NO. Pikachu is powerful as it is, he do not need a new form(unless it is not his evolved form Raichu). And what would be good with Pikachu getting a Mega evolution? From my point of view nothing would be good with that. Pikachu would only be even more overused than he already is. So please no Mega Pikachu for Ash. That would be terrible.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  13. #73
    Legendary Pokemon クリスタル's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Digital World
    Posts
    335
    Follow クリスタル On Twitter

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Everyone is talking about Mega Pikachu in here so I guess I have to share my thoughts about it too. And I say NO. Pikachu is powerful as it is, he do not need a new form(unless it is not his evolved form Raichu). And what would be good with Pikachu getting a Mega evolution? From my point of view nothing would be good with that. Pikachu would only be even more overused than he already is. So please no Mega Pikachu for Ash. That would be terrible.
    Agreed 100%.
    Spypitoad likes this.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

  14. #74
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,346
    Blog Entries
    564

    Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Imo, Pikachu needs a new move way more than a Mega Evolution, lol.
    TheMonster6893 and Reila like this.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

    Pikachu hasn't been that powerful in ages. OP Pikachu? Maybe in the original series. Maybe sometimes in DP. But certainly NOT in Best Wishes at all, lol.

    If you've been accompanying the series still, you should be noticing how he's been in the backseat too much, losing too much, and just kind of is there to be cute and nothing else. Really, the entire Isshu team has been doing and scoring much better than he did the entire Best Wishes...

    The anime did that giant elec ball scene to give Rocket dan an excuse to get back into saying he's special and needs to be captured. But really, he hasn't been that 'special' in years. The Mega Evolution would be just the thing to make him special again.

    Besides, being afraid that Pikachu gets too good is like complaining Goku is too powerful or that Luffy wins too many fights. Pikachu is supposed to be as much of a main character as Satoshi is.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •