Mega Evolutions in the anime
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolutions in the anime

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Mega Evolutions in the anime

How do you think Mega Evolutions will be handled in the anime? There's not a lot known about them, but it would be neat to see Ash have Mega Evolved Pokemon and use them. I've seen people speculate bringing older characters back and have their Pokemon show off some of these new forms.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Mega Evolutions in the anime

I'd like to see Ash's Pikachu with a Mega Evolution. That way, it would gain some good development while still being able to appear the way it is.

Blog Entries
    Follow Lester Nygaard On Twitter

Mega Evolutions confuse me so I hope the anime will explain it in a way I understand.

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    Mega Evolutions confuse me so I hope the anime will explain it in a way I understand.
    It's simple really.

1. Pokémon holds a Megastone during a battle.
    2. Pokémon becomes mega version of the said Pokémon.
    3. So far seems to work only on fully evolved stages.

But since Mewtwo in the movie changed into Mega Mewtwo freely without needing that Megastone, I'm betting these mega evolutions will occur in anime at random, without needing a Megastone. But at the same time, Ash could get a Megastone, keep it in his backpack which would allow his Pokémon to mega evolve.

God, so much mega.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I'd like to see Ash's Pikachu with a Mega Evolution. That way, it would gain some good development while still being able to appear the way it is.
    You do realize that you're touching the purgatory just by talking about that? The fandom would go crazy if that ever happened.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Maybe MegaRaichu will exist, but I don't think MegaPikachu will be created. So far the revealed MegaPokes were final stages or not evolving pokemon.
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

FC: 2122-7717-7742 If you add me, just send me a message, so I can add you, too :)

Digimon-like Mega Evolution theme songs are just what we need, lol.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I think it will have to depend on what other Mega Evolutions they introduce. So far, the only character, past or present, who has one of the Pokemon revealed to have a Mega Evolution is May with Blaziken and I don't see her coming back anytime before R/S remakes come out. I think that they will be mentioned/shown at some point though. They might have the Pokemon hold the Mega Stone so that they can better promote the concept of Mega Evolutions. They could just transform at will like Mewtwo does in the movie, but I think that probably had more to do with not wanting to reveal how Mewtwo gets a new form, as well as probably making it easier for it to happen in the movie similar to Kyurem changing between its two forms during the Keledo movie.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SamurottMan View Post
    Maybe MegaRaichu will exist, but I don't think MegaPikachu will be created. So far the revealed MegaPokes were final stages or not evolving pokemon.
    Split mega evolutions can happen.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 9th August 2013 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swadloon View Post
    Digimon-like Mega Evolution theme songs are just what we need, lol.
    I concur just becaused Digimon always has great insert songs.

8D

I'm guessing that if Mega Evolutions were to be implemented, I could see something happen from one of Ash's Kalos pokemon, an older reserve pokemon Ash brought back for something (like the league), and/or another character's pokemon being Mega (either Ash's traveling companions or if May were to be brought back).

I'd like to assume (and hope) that if Blaziken has one, then at least all the starter evos get one for equality. In that case, I'd like to see one of Ash's evolved starters show off their mega form if possible (although for his older reserves, that would be like way further into the future potentially). Guess we'll have to wait for more info but I'm excited and curious to see the possibilities of this concept applying to the anime.

Oh yeah, isn't one of the gym leaders connected to Mega Evolutions somehow? If she uses them, we can see them here too.

Blog Entries

Well, the recent info states that not all pokes will get one, and that furthermore, the Blazikenite is an event exclusive. That makes me think that is either the only or one of few starters that get one. The whole deal with MegaMewtwo does confuse the matter of how the other ones will work. Another complication is that we see pokes outside the ball all the time in the anime, so there will have to be a moment when the Mega Stones react to the matter that the poke is in a battle, and thus the transformation can occur. The question being when exactly does a battle start? (if undeclared. Pokes are known to attack out of the blue)
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

It will feature in 1 episode when a COTD blasts off team rocket with one.

Well, since the anime rarely deals with held items, we can be sure the mechanics will be changed. Then again, we already know this based on how it works in the movie.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree, we definitely need some stylish transformation song + transformation scene when this occurs.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast