List of all the BGM used in each episode
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: List of all the BGM used in each episode

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Ever since the release of the Pocket Monsters 2-Volume BEST BGM Collection 1997-2010 released back in 2010-2011, I was thinking about listing the original BGM that played in the japanese version. I wanted to do it all the way up to the Diamond and Pearl series since I did not think that no one would ever go that far. (There were a few members that got up to Johto Journeys and didn't go any further than that) Then, an idea popped in my head. Instead of indexing every single BGM in the Japanese version, I decided to watch the dub and list what pieces of music were kept and replaced. Bulbagarden member Ivantuga2 has approached and told me that he was about to do the exact same thing, while he indexes all of the BGM. He also told me that me listing the BGM kept in the dub would save him some time and that I would be a big help. I asked him if I can use some of the unreleased names of the BGM while making up some of my own. He agreed. I also want to give a special thanks to him for his hard work on indexing the BGM.

    Here is how it works, if an episode from the english dub had less than 50% or 60% of the music, the pieces kept are Bold. If the dub kept more than 50% (let's say they replaced 1-4 pieces out of the original 15 to 20 pieces), the pieces replaced will be crossed out, but they are easy to read. It's amazing how much music the dub kept from Mid-Kanto to the first episodes of Johto League Champions. Too bad they kept less afterwards. I wish I can tolerate with the rest afterwards. Though Diamond and Pearl had several episodes that kept all (or most) of the music, I still wish the rest of the episodes were like this. Enjoy.

    NOTE: Please do not ask me about the 4Kids BGM and the music composed for the english dub of the movies. This list is the Japanese BGM ONLY.

    Original Series


    Advance Generation


    Diamond and Pearl
    Last edited by BladeLight52; 5th April 2013 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #2
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Can any of you please tell me the name of Rocket's Sinnoh/Unova motto? Not the actual motto but its bgm.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Can any of you please tell me the name of Rocket's Sinnoh/Unova motto? Not the actual motto but its bgm.
    If you're talking about the Sinnoh Motto, it is 2006-2010(DP)-M17 found in the 1997-2010 BEST BGM Collection.
    If it's the Unova Motto, you can find it on the Best Wishes!/Fanfare of the Heart CD. It includes four bonus tracks from Best Wishes. The Track, "Best Wishes TV BGM-M02 (Bonus Track)", is the Unova Motto BGM.
    Last edited by BladeLight52; 30th September 2012 at 05:08 AM.

  4. #4
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeLight52 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Can any of you please tell me the name of Rocket's Sinnoh/Unova motto? Not the actual motto but its bgm.
    If you're talking about the Sinnoh Motto, it is 2006-2010(DP)-M17 found in the 2010-2011 BEST BGM Collection.
    If it's the Unova Motto, you can find it on the Best Wishes!/Fanfare of the Heart CD. It includes four bonus tracks from Best Wishes. The Track, "Best Wishes TV BGM-M02 (Bonus Track)", is the Unova Motto BGM.
    Okay, thanks. I couldn't find it in the 1997-2010 best collection CD (might have missed it though), that's why I asked.

  5. #5
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Hey i have a question, during the episide time warp heals all wounds, at around 16:25 a beautiful piece of music plays, it's played during the scene when may and meowth were in balloon..

    do you have any idea what it is?
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  6. #6
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    116

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    There's a website that has all the bgm that was unreleased. You can also listen to them.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Hey i have a question, during the episode time warp heals all wounds, at around 16:25 a beautiful piece of music plays, it played during the scene when may and meowth were on the balloon..

    do you have any idea what it is?
    That depends on what version you were watching. If you're were watching the japanese version, It's "Lots of Celebi" from Movie 4. If you were watching the english dub, that track doesn't have a name, like pretty much all of the other english dub instrumental tracks (except some of the movie tracks).
    Last edited by BladeLight52; 30th September 2012 at 08:58 PM.

  8. #8
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    I'm sorry if this is off topic, since it is referring to a Pokémon Movie BGM piece, but there is one that we hear in the first scene with Ash (just before the Pokémon Theme Song) and at the end just before the credits. Does anyone know what it is called? I can't find it on any of the OSTs nor the Scores for the movie...

    since the first movie, that piece has been played in some of the epsiodes
    Last edited by Musashi; 30th September 2012 at 04:39 PM.

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is off topic, since it is referring to a Pokémon Movie BGM piece, but there is one that we hear in the first scene with Ash (just before the Pokémon Theme Song) and at the end just before the credits. Does anyone know what it is called? I can't find it on any of the OSTs nor the Scores for the movie...

    since the first movie, that piece has been played in some of the episodes
    I'm sorry. Can you be a little more specific, please? Thank you.

  10. #10
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeLight52 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is off topic, since it is referring to a Pokémon Movie BGM piece, but there is one that we hear in the first scene with Ash (just before the Pokémon Theme Song) and at the end just before the credits. Does anyone know what it is called? I can't find it on any of the OSTs nor the Scores for the movie...

    since the first movie, that piece has been played in some of the episodes
    I'm sorry. Can you be a little more specific, please? Thank you.
    Sorry, I had a link with the time, but it was removed since it broke the forum's rules.

    about 10 or so minutes into Pokémon: The First Movie, the first thing we hear in the first scene that has Ash in it (just before we see the scene with Ash's battle with the trainer during the main theme). It also plays again at the very end before the credits start (I mean, JUST before the credits start)

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    about 10 or so minutes into Pokémon: The First Movie, the first thing we hear in the first scene that has Ash in it (just before we see the scene with Ash's battle with the trainer during the main theme). It also plays again at the very end before the credits start (I mean, JUST before the credits start)
    I don't know what it is called since most tracks composed for the dub don't have names.

    If anyone wants to ask me about names of the BGM, please ask me only the Japanese BGM, not the American-made BGM.

  12. #12
    Registered User PockyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    1997-1998-M43
    I remember this track from some Orange Island and Johto episodes and remember trying to find it for more than 12 years and even trying to find the title to "A future hope" and today I get my answer. Thanks for this list. :) This BGM is one of my favorates of the series.
    Last edited by PockyAddict; 1st October 2012 at 12:26 AM.

  13. #13
    Registered User xrockerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Nice list. I was wondering where Newton's Flashback and Shaymin's Fever came from.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by xrockerboy View Post
    Nice list. I was wondering where Newton's Flashback and Shaymin's Fever came from.
    Thanks. It's a shame that there are still hundreds of movie pieces that still remain unreleased.

    Anyway, Next list will be the BGM for Best Wishes. I'm going to wait until Pikachu Records decides to release the BGM for Best Wishes no matter how long it takes.

  15. #15
    Back into Pokemon Lord_Mewtwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lutz, FL
    Posts
    389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: List of all the BGM used in each episode

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeLight52 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xrockerboy View Post
    Nice list. I was wondering where Newton's Flashback and Shaymin's Fever came from.
    Thanks. It's a shame that there are still hundreds of movie pieces that still remain unreleased.

    Anyway, Next list will be the BGM for Best Wishes. I'm going to wait until Pikachu Records decides to release the BGM for Best Wishes no matter how long it takes.
    Probably won't be until Best Wishes ends.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •