NEWS: Kyurem VS the Sword of Justice - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyurem VS the Sword of Justice

Default Re: Kyurem VS the Sword of Justice

Am I the only one who has a problem with the pronouciation of Kyurem's name? Its sounds...ugh...not the way I had imagined

Wow, is this the first time Canada gets something before the U.S?

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

If this movie is being shown on Cartoon Network, I suppose we won't be getting a theatrical release like we did last year...?

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Laziness is a virtue Iteru's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Kyurem is said exactly as I thought it would be.

Keldeo sounds like its had a bit of helium.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by guardian468
    Am I the only one who has a problem with the pronouciation of Kyurem's name? Its sounds...ugh...not the way I had imagined
    They're doing the same thing they did with Giratina; they're blending the "r" with the vowel that comes before it instead of treating them as two distinct sounds.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 21st, 2015

Blog Entries

I'm so happy that TPCi always manages to put in such great music in the movie trailers, it really does hype you up. Oh, and I love Keldeo's voice. I always knew who Vic Mignogna was, but I haven't been watching the animés he has dubbed that much, but I personally thought he did a great job with Keldeo. The voice may be totally different from its Japanse voice, but I still think it's very fitting.

I, as well, prefer Iris' design in the movies than in the episodes. Her design isn't that good overall, but at least her hair actually looks somewhat natural in the movies, while it's just a big dark clump in the animé. Also, doesn't it seem like Ash is much taller than Iris here? I knew he was taller than here, but the difference is huge in the trailer. Have it always been like that?

I'm really, really looking forward to see this movie. The last one was a disappointment, and so were the ones before it up until the Darkrai movie, and if I was to be extra critical even the Darkrai movie wouldn't make the cut. So, I haven't really seen a very enjoyable Pokémon movie since the Manaphy one, and I don't want to hold my hopes up, but I can't help but to do so after seeing the awesome trailer. Cobalion, Virizon and Terrakion are together probably my favorite Legendary Trio with Virizon being my favorite, so getting to see all three of them in the movie will be great. Keldeo's cool too, but not really a big fan of it, but its Resolute Form is awesome.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    If this movie is being shown on Cartoon Network, I suppose we won't be getting a theatrical release like we did last year...?
    Most likely. They probably gave one of the Victini movies a limited theatrical release to tie into the B/W hype. I don't know if there would be as much hype for B2/W2 to warrant a limited release for this movie and I don't know how well that movie did last year either. It's kind of too bad since I didn't get a chance to see the last movie during its short theatrical release, but it's not too surprising.

Kyurem is said exactly like I thought it was pronounced too, so I'm fine with it. I still like Keldeo's voice. It may not fit him completely, but it sounds tough and cute. Plus, it kind of makes me laugh to think of Keldeo as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Design wise this movie looks like something a diamond and pearl animated did, ash looks far more mature in this movie then he does in the anime right now :| and iris's design is amazing <3
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Dat Alpha Sapphire! RainbowSylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I am probably part of a minority, but I don't think Vic was the right choice for Keldeo. I always thought Keldeo would have more of a little kid/feminine voice, and while I haven't seen or heard the Japanese version... Vic's voice just sounds too weird on Keldeo. Then again, it just might be my annoyance for Vic Mignogna's voice showing through (he's in EVERYTHING these days, I swear).

Also, I went a little wtf at the pronunciation of Kyurem's name. Then again, I say it cure-um, so.... xDDD
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Friend Code: 0001 - 3520 - 9622
    Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Dark / Nuzleaf, Cacturne, Liepard

for anyone who is interested seeming more closely what iris looks like, or anything you want, i have scans that cover basically the entire movie here: MOVIE 15 TIME!

I, for one, wasn't surprised that this movie isn't going to theatres. And my reason why is simple, TPCi's contract with Cartoon Network.

I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that the contract includes Cartoon Network getting to air every new Pokémon movie, which may affect theatrical deals. But since M14 had two movies, that could of made the loophole for TPCi to air one on Cartoon Network and the other in theatres.

This time around, however, we only have one movie, so it was easy to guess this wouldn't be in theatres. A real shame too, I think these movies would do much better in theatres than on Cartoon Network. Maybe one day, TPCi could make a new contract with Cartoon Network about the movies.

By the way, since Pokémon start airing on Cartoon Network in 2006, how long would their contract with them be for? I would think 5-10 years.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Remember, the last two movies to be shown in theaters in North America were super limited showings. The Victini and Zekrom film was shown once a day at each theater that Saturday and Sunday, usually in the early afternoon. With that limited schedule, not everybody who could access a cinema with that movie could see it because of the timing.

Even if they did put this movie on a limited theatrical run, I would guarantee it would be the same Saturday/ Sunday in the 12-2 timeframe. If people had things to do that afternoon or early evening and wanted to see the movie, they were screwed.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    I, for one, wasn't surprised that this movie isn't going to theatres. And my reason why is simple, TPCi's contract with Cartoon Network.

I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that the contract includes Cartoon Network getting to air every new Pokémon movie, which may affect theatrical deals. But since M14 had two movies, that could of made the loophole for TPCi to air one on Cartoon Network and the other in theatres.

This time around, however, we only have one movie, so it was easy to guess this wouldn't be in theatres. A real shame too, I think these movies would do much better in theatres than on Cartoon Network. Maybe one day, TPCi could make a new contract with Cartoon Network about the movies.

By the way, since Pokémon start airing on Cartoon Network in 2006, how long would their contract with them be for? I would think 5-10 years.
    I'm not sure if TPCI deals with Cartoon Network could affect theatrical deals. I'm not even sure if they have a contract specifically saying that they couldn't put the movies in theaters if they wanted to They were able to put the Zoroark movie in theaters after it aired on Cartoon Network. Although, it was only in those areas with Black and White events used the promoted the games, but it was still in a limited amount of theaters technically. I think that it's more likely that they didn't think it was worth while to put this movie in a theatrical release when they would get so little money back, especially when the Victini movie was only available during the afternoons for weekend or two. That's why they stopped putting the theaters even in limited releases before since they were making less money and putting them on Cartoon Network, at this point, makes a lot more sense. This isn't really the place to wonder how long their contract for Pokemon last, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Besides that, I'm fine with the movies airing on TV. I do think that makes more sense than limited release runs in theaters, especially if they'll have a short amount of airings like the Victini movie did, and I prefer watching movies at home over going to a theater anyway.

Blog Entries

Kyurem and keldeo are pronounced how I guessed and said it like, but I think I got Cobalion Terrakion or Virizion right, im not sure if it is
    Co-ba-li-on or co-ba-le-on
    Te-rra-kii-on or Te-rra-kyon
    Vi-ri-sion or Vi-ris-eon or Vi-ri-shon

has anyone realised that White Kyurem uses thunderbolt/thunder and Black Kyurem uses Flamethrower. Isn't Black Kyurem the one with te electric moves??
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 20th September 2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Merging posts
    Get your game on!

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post

I'm not sure if TPCI deals with Cartoon Network could affect theatrical deals. I'm not even sure if they have a contract specifically saying that they couldn't put the movies in theaters if they wanted to They were able to put the Zoroark movie in theaters after it aired on Cartoon Network. Although, it was only in those areas with Black and White events used the promoted the games, but it was still in a limited amount of theaters technically. I think that it's more likely that they didn't think it was worth while to put this movie in a theatrical release when they would get so little money back, especially when the Victini movie was only available during the afternoons for weekend or two. That's why they stopped putting the theaters even in limited releases before since they were making less money and putting them on Cartoon Network, at this point, makes a lot more sense. This isn't really the place to wonder how long their contract for Pokemon last, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Besides that, I'm fine with the movies airing on TV. I do think that makes more sense than limited release runs in theaters, especially if they'll have a short amount of airings like the Victini movie did, and I prefer watching movies at home over going to a theater anyway.
    Yeah, but watching it on TV just isn't the same as watching it in the theater: It doesn't facilitate meeting dozens of fans you may not have known, or cosplaying (to any degree), or getting a neat promo-pack like the Victini movie had. Additionally, the promo Victini download seemed more significant; I got it right after watching the movie because the theater had wifi, so it almost felt like a proper event download to me.
    Also, I don't have cable, so...

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast