Is it just me, or is AG and DP Ash much too tall for a 10 year old?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is it just me, or is AG and DP Ash much too tall for a 10 year old?

Blog Entries

Default Is it just me, or is AG and DP Ash much too tall for a 10 year old?

I mean he towers over most of the little kids and could even stand almost as tall as some adults, and in a few cases like the draco meteor lady, he's almost twice as tall.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it just me, or is AG and DP Ash much too tall for a 10 year old?

he's shorter than Dawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AG and DP gave you the illusion that Ash was maturing and becoming a teenager. Even though he wasn't aging, he could easily pass for 13-14 years old in either AG or DP.

Since Best Wishes blatantly stated he was 10, he looks more immature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    he's shorter than Dawn
    Their heights were pretty inconsistent, I think it just depended on who was doing the animation for the episode. Good thing they fixed it in BW2, even though it gave the illusion that both of them grew shorter.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

To be honest, the height was one reason why I thought that Ash could be possibly older back in AG and DP, although he never felt any older than thirteen or fourteen to me. His height and his attitude didn't give me the impression that he was still ten at least. Though, being taller than the Draco Meteor Lady doesn't really say much when older women in animation tend to have rather short designs.

I always though that too.

Follow ProfOaked On Twitter
    Follow ProfOaked on Tumblr Visit ProfOaked's Youtube Channel

Anime characters never look their age. I mean Bleach and Naruto Shippuden they could easily pass for late teens or early 20s. I really thought Ash did age prior to BW since I don't remember them calling him 10 before BW 001. Sadly they had to say it XD

Geodude says get outta here bro!

Blog Entries

He's been the same size since day 1, so no, I'm not seeing how he somehow looked taller or older in AG and DP.
    HumanDawn likes this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared
    in a few cases like the draco meteor lady, he's almost twice as tall.
    Old ladies, especially those in Japan, tend to be very, very short.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

He's been the same size since day 1, so no, I'm not seeing how he somehow looked taller or older in AG and DP.
    Same. I really can't see any difference in height. To me, he looks like a convincing 10 year old and always has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    In Kanto Misty was a few inches taller than Ash. In AG they were the same size.
    Little Miss Eevee likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I had a vague memory of that being the case, but screenshots show that Misty was still taller. Oddly enough, Misty has much longer legs than most characters do.

No. He looked pretty much as tall as he always have been. It's just that it depends on the outfits and the animation of him that seems like he seems older or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I had a vague memory of that being the case, but screenshots show that Misty was still taller. Oddly enough, Misty has much longer legs than most characters do.
    She's standing a little bit in front of Ash there. In other pics when they're next to each other they're the same height. Of course you don't have much to look at since Misty was only in like 4 AG episodes.

Blog Entries

In other pics when they're next to each other they're the same height. Of course you don't have much to look at since Misty was only in like 4 AG episodes.
    I've looked at screenshots from all four episodes (technically five) and I don't see what you're talking about. This comparison seems straightforward enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast