Iris says: "You are such a kid" much less in Episode N
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris says: "You are such a kid" much less in Episode N

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

Default Iris says: "You are such a kid" much less in Episode N

I think I have not heard it since BW111 or 112. Why do you think that they have stopped using Iris' catchphrase all this time?
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Iris says: "You are such a kid" much less in Episode N

I'd suggest it has a lot to do with her recognition by Drayden. I think there's a decent case to be made that Iris calling Ash a kid was a bit of deflection on her part, so once she started to get more confidence in her ability through her bonding with Dragonite and being able to speak to Hydreigon, that side of her towards Ash seemed to drop away a bit. Certainly helped by him beating her and then going on to reach a league - despite his bad performance by comparison to other leagues, I think it was enough for Iris to see him as a strong trainer.

Another theory is that in Episode N her mind has been focused on the reason she started following Ash - his connection with Zekrom and the legendary dragons in general.

gone...
    Blog Entries

Yet, I can't see Iris as boastful either...
    She won a whole Club Battle and never ranted a single moment about it... Neither did she call Ash a kid more than pre-Club Battle, even though it was now battle-decided that Iris was better. Consequently, I don't think she would get the exact opposite behavior in the exact opposite situations...
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...

Blog Entries

Because the writers wrote that phrase in less often.

Kolink Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think that with episode N focusing on Plasma there a) aren't the same amounts of comedic moments as before to include it and b) it wouldn't make sense to use it really in this season; Sato is fighting Plama and helping N which Iris obviously agrees to doing so calling him a kid would be misplaced.

gone...
    Blog Entries

Despite it being Episode N, there have still been lots of childlish moments for Ash. The most important, the way he handled the battle with Cheren.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

Kolink Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Despite it being Episode N, there have still been lots of childlish moments for Ash. The most important, the way he handled the battle with Cheren.
    How was that childish? Mijumaru has always blocked Electric moves with the Hotachi which Iris has seen before.

That's fan-criticism than genuine criticism recognised in show to be called out on.

The phrase was stupid to begin with. The writers know that they've messed up with that and a lot of other things. I hope they don't do this with the next girl. I want to like her before getting to hate her.

Thank Arceus!
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 10/23/2014

She actually said it right in the beginning of BW116. But honestly, I think she's annoying him more than anything, it's clear she respects him as a trainer. Maybe she didn't at first, but she does now.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I've been meaning to post on the whole "Kodomo Ne" thing but never had an appropriate thread to voice my opinion on it, this seems like a good thread to do so. I don't understand the "offensiveness" by it, its amazing how Satoshi continuously gets bashed for making poor choices and gets called an idiot, moron, imbecile, and everything in the book but when a character in the anime calls him out on it, said character is a bitch. It's a running gag, like Tasting Time, Takeshi's flirting, Hikari's catchphrase, etc. It's not meant to be taken to the heart.

Also, the lack of "Kodomo Ne" in Episode N is because it's a serious arc. That's probably one of the reasons there hasn't been a load of Dento focus too. Comedy in Episode N is scarce because it's mostly plot-driven the whole time and action-y. Something that the "fandom" has been wanting for a long time, so I don't care about Kodomo Ne not being there. It's better this way, imo.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I've been meaning to post on the whole "Kodomo Ne" thing but never had an appropriate thread to voice my opinion on it, this seems like a good thread to do so. I don't understand the "offensiveness" by it, its amazing how Satoshi continuously gets bashed for making poor choices and gets called an idiot, moron, imbecile, and everything in the book but when a character in the anime calls him out on it, said character is a bitch. It's a running gag, like Tasting Time, Takeshi's flirting, Hikari's catchphrase, etc. It's not meant to be taken to the heart.

Also, the lack of "Kodomo Ne" in Episode N is because it's a serious arc. That's probably one of the reasons there hasn't been a load of Dento focus too. Comedy in Episode N is scarce because it's mostly plot-driven the whole time and action-y. Something that the "fandom" has been wanting for a long time, so I don't care about Kodomo Ne not being there. It's better this way, imo.
    Seeing as there are actually people who are offended by Crystal comically kicking Gold in the face in Pokemon Special, I'm not surprised that there are people who get offended by lighthearted running gags and taking them seriously in the anime portion of the fandom.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

People probably take offense to it because Ash shouldn't be a rookie anymore.

When Misty taunted Ash it made sense because back then he really was a clueless rookie. But the Ash now should be very experienced. Iris would look ridiculous saying this to Ash back in DP.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Ignoring the bad writing done to Satoshi in Best Wishes, I'd say he probably comes across as somewhat of a rookie whenever he handles new Pokemon in his party. Dunno, he seems like the only trainer in the anime world that dumps his entire party whenever he decides to head to a new region. Just recently got back into the show, so I can't say.

But in light of that, Lizardon nearly blasting Iris's Kairyuu to Kingdom Come might contributed to her saying it less.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    People probably take offense to it because Ash shouldn't be a rookie anymore.

When Misty taunted Ash it made sense because back then he really was a clueless rookie. But the Ash now should be very experienced. Iris would look ridiculous saying this to Ash back in DP.
    I don't think anyone (but you, apparently) actually agrees with Iris, so I don't think it's the reason most people find it annoying. Even with the shitty writing, Satoshi is still better than her as a trainer in just about any aspect. Actually, I think people get annoyed that Iris calls him a kid all the time when she's in fact worse than he is. But still, Gotpika is right, it's just a running gag and clearly meant as a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast