NEWS: Iris and Cilan leaving discussion. (Confirmed) - Page 4

View Poll Results: Will you miss Iris and/or Cilan?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will miss them both

11 26.83%
  • I will only miss Cilan

12 29.27%
  • I will only miss Iris

1 2.44%
  • I will miss them, but I like the new characters more

4 9.76%
  • I won't miss either of them

13 31.71%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris and Cilan leaving discussion. (Confirmed)

Blog Entries

Default re: Iris and Cilan leaving discussion. (Confirmed)

Why is everyone assuming Iris and Cilan are leaving? We have a picture of Iris and Cilan with the word sayonnara under it. Does that mean they're leaving for sure. What if the writters pull a plot twist where Iris and Cilan contemplate leaving, but then decide to stay.
    I don't know if it's likely, but I think it could still be a possiblity.

I doubt they'll be sticking around after this. But like... even though it's gotten harder for me to handle Iris now as opposed to when she was just introduced, I'm still going to miss these two. ;_; Iris and Cilan are so opposite that it's amusing to watch and I still enjoy their bickering ugh. To be honest it's making me sad just thinking about it since this was the first season where I actually kept up with the entire thing from start to finish :( I remember when they just met and how much I was laughing!
    I am absolute.

All hail the Great Uniter Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I really hope Dent isn't leaving quite yet :( I really enjoy his interactions with the other characters and his personality. I know a lot of people found his "tasting time" thing to be annoying, but I always found him rather charming and likable. Plus, I feel like we haven't got as much of his backstory as I would have hoped to by now...why is he afraid of Choroneko? What did he do before he was a gym leader? Why is he a sommelier rather than just sticking to his gym leader duties? I feel like there's a lot more that can be explored here.

As for Iris...I feel that her story has been more or less wrapped up. Doryuzu listens to her now, she battled Shaga, we saw her go back to the Dragon Village, Kibago probably isn't ever going to evolve (or if he does, probably in her last episode or something?), but overall I did enjoy her as a character. There were times when I felt she was embellished a little, (like the Don Tournaments) but I did enjoy seeing her grow as a trainer, especially her bond with Kairyu and Doryuzu. I do wish it had taken Kairyu a bit more time to come to trust her, because that seemed like it happened rather quickly.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed both of these characters for who they were, and I'll be sad to see them go if they are indeed leaving.
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Why is everyone assuming Iris and Cilan are leaving? We have a picture of Iris and Cilan with the word sayonnara under it. Does that mean they're leaving for sure. What if the writters pull a plot twist where Iris and Cilan contemplate leaving, but then decide to stay.
    That seems rather unlikely given how none of the female characters have lasted for more than one series as part of the main cast. With Claire appearing most likely to give another option for Iris to do afterwards besides training with Drayden, I really can't see them keeping Iris for the next series.

Only Cilan has the possibility to stick around, but not both of them, especially when they would want to have at least one sixth generation character and I doubt that they'll go back to a group with four characters again. I could see Cilan staying to continue filling in Brock's role in the next group and being voiced by a popular voice actor in Japan probably helps his chances too. It depends on if there is another male character that they think could fit in the role. I'd kind of like for Cilan to stay since unlike Iris, I actually like him and I could see him wanting to tag along with Ash some more. Plus, introducing two new characters for the next series might not work out given how I think it didn't worked out well in this series. Though, at the same time, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he did leave and I would give the new character to fill his role a chance to see if he would be a likable character too.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Zexy on Facebook
    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I still think they will keep Ash/Cilan, no matter how forced/resetting that will be. Yet, I fear that in such a way, Cilan will become the new Brock, as what made him funny was his interactions with Iris/Burgundy. BW had lots of flaws, and I hope that they will find a way out to stop these flaws from making it to XY as well...

Please, whatever you writers do, make XY a more enjoyable anime for us Pokemon fans than Best Wishes...

EDIT: One thing is sure... Whenever one/more main character(s) return/leave, we get HUGE essays from the entire fandom right within the first 24 hours! Such things won't ever change, it looks like...
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

I want Cilan gone so he doesn't turn into another Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I want Cilan gone so he doesn't turn into another Brock.
    When you put it that way, yeah, I want him gone.

Ash and TRio have fallen to a point where I don't even care what happens to them. We know all their antics now, what they'll do when they interact with x individual, to do y task, their personalities (ok, I don't know what TRio are anymore as of BW). TRio needs to go, though, they have nothing left to offer that I see warrants keeping them around any longer. That's just me, though.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I'm sorta glad that they are leaving, TBH. I will miss iris a bit, but thankfully I have never really got attached to any character after misty.

And i 100 percent think they are gone after this.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lady Marie♥ View Post
    I'm sorta glad that they are leaving, TBH. I will miss iris a bit, but thankfully I have never really got attached to any character after misty.

Why did you never get attached to another character?

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Because it sorta hurts when they leave. :( yeah i know they are fictional but still. I almost got attached to cilan that way.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I actually agree with that possibility, I've been a bit hesitant of voicing it because of the amount of shade I'd get thrown at me over here. Lack of Burgundy and Georgia, Iris and Cilan being so unnerved by saying goodbye,(We have no idea when said sayonara episode will air, for all we know it come air before Da! begins with them deciding to travel home with Ash), Dragonite leaving seems more likely than Iris training under Clair to me.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 24th March 2013 at 09:05 AM.

Because it sorta hurts when they leave. :( yeah i know they are fictional but still.
    Well I like Cilan but I don't really care if he leaves now. The better characters in the anime are the ones who only stay for one generation, while all the ones who last a long time wind up being handled poorly and lose their personalities and become stale.

Blog Entries

All I have to say is heck to the yea!!

I just hope that Cilan reaches A-Class before departing or some closure between him and Burgundy.

As for Iris, go away please just go far, far away...

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I'm certainly not going to be sad to see the back of Iris. Even after all this time, I still can't find a single thing to like about her. As for Cilan, I like him and all, but he hasn't really had much to do for a long time, so I won't be too bothered by his departure. I just hope two things happen before he leaves:

1) The incident that caused his Purrloin fear is revealed.

2) Burgundy defeats him in a battle. Somehow.

Who is this git?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    All I have to say is heck to the yea!!

I just hope that Cilan reaches A-Class before departing or some closure between him and Burgundy.

As for Iris, go away please just go far, far away...
    Cilan is already A-class, unless you meant S-class. I'm hoping if Cabernet appears in Da!, she would be B-class at least.

Not surprised Iris is leaving, but a bit disappointed with Cilan leaving as well. I feel like he can go another generation with Ash and new XY girl. TR can just go away forever thanks.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast