If you were in charge of voice casting who would you pick? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: If you were in charge of voice casting who would you pick?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: If you were in charge of voice casting who would you pick?

Personally?

Well, I'd get rid of the TPCi VAs ASAP, and replace them with either the 4Kids VAs from Seasons 1-8 or hire a dubbing company like FUNi or Viz Media to dub the anime. You know, because the older VAs actually knew how to EMOTE and weren't caricatures of former VAs with bad voices. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Eric staurt to voice james
    Man do I miss his James. One of the most hilarious roles Eric Stuart did. :)

Jimmy's is a psuedo-British nasally imitation and it doesn't work for me (though his James and Sarah's Ash are the only main cast VAs whose voices are tolerable-- but obviously not even close to as good as the former VAs-- in the current English dub).
    Last edited by Aestivate; 11th August 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    Well, I'd get rid of the TPCi VAs ASAP, and replace them with either the 4Kids VAs from Seasons 1-8
    You do realize that a large majority of the TPCi actors are from 4Kids as well right? Jason Griffith, Carter Cathcart, Jamie McGonnigal, Bella Hudson, Lisa Ortiz, Kayzie Rogers, John Campbell, and Darren Dunstan are just a few of them. So by getting rid of them would also mean getting rid of a portion of the 4Kids actors.
    fawfulmark2 likes this.

steve blum voicing every single character
    it would be a thing of beauty :')

my fanfiction.tumblr. ★ claims:

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji-girl View Post
    Well, I'd get rid of the TPCi VAs ASAP, and replace them with either the 4Kids VAs from Seasons 1-8
    You do realize that a large majority of the TPCi actors are from 4Kids as well right? Jason Griffith, Carter Cathcart, Jamie McGonnigal, Bella Hudson, Lisa Ortiz, Kayzie Rogers, John Campbell, and Darren Dunstan are just a few of them. So by getting rid of them would also mean getting rid of a portion of the 4Kids actors.
    Yes, but the only voices that matter to a majority of fans are the main cast. And after six years, >75% of fans do not like the current dub of the series. COTD voices can be done by literally anyone...

Oh, and James Carter Cathcart and Kayzie Rogers were blacklisted from 4Kids, so IC there.

TPCi's English dub wasn't even decent until BW, and it's certainly not excellent like the 4Kids dub was. I never questioned the genuine emotion I saw from the 4Kids VAs, something TPCi really needs to work on along with actually slipping in some good jokes that aren't retarded or forced.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 14th August 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

And after six years, >75% of fans do not like the current dub of the series.
    Where'd you get that statistic from? Only the online adult fans? I bet the children who are fans don't care one way or the other.

Oh, and James Carter Cathcart and Kayzie Rogers were blacklisted from 4Kids, so IC there.
    They were black listed because they decided to go with the new dub. If any of the other actors chose to do so at the same time they would have been black listed too.
    Last edited by Kenji-girl; 15th August 2012 at 11:49 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji-girl View Post
    And after six years, >75% of fans do not like the current dub of the series.
    Where'd you get that statistic from? Only the online adult fans? I bet the children who are fans don't care one way or the other.

Most people STILL prefer the older dub (according to a poll on Serebii.net, BTVA, AnimeAmerica declaring the DP dub the worst of all English dubs, etc etc.), though I'm willing to acknowledge that TPCi's dub is tolerable in BW.

They were black listed because they decided to go with the new dub. If any of the other actors chose to do so at the same time they would have been black listed too.
    Most people STILL prefer the older dub (according to a poll on Serebii.net, BTVA, AnimeAmerica declaring the DP dub the worst of all English dubs, etc etc.), though I'm willing to acknowledge that TPCi's dub is tolerable in BW. Most people STILL prefer the older dub, though I'm willing to acknowledge that TPCi's dub is tolerable in BW. I know quite a few little children who like the 4Kids dub a lot more than the TPCi dub too. :)

I wish they had done so tbh, and I knew that already as well. :)

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Guys. Not a VA debate. Drop it.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

If I were in charge of the BW dub Ash & TRio would be getting their old voices back (in the case of Meowth I'd either use Nathan Price or simply get someone to imitate Inuko.) Everyone else would stay as is.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Team Rocket Agent KatsumiChris1991's Avatar

If I were in charge, well of course, I'd bring back Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, Eric Stuart and Nathan Price, I will keep Sarah and Michele but as different characters (I still can't get used to their Ash, May, Jessie and Delia), James Carter Cathcart, I'd keep him too, but his James and Meowth (they lacked heart and relatability)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KatsumiChris1991 View Post
    If I were in charge, well of course, I'd bring back Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, Eric Stuart and Nathan Price, I will keep Sarah and Michele but as different characters (I still can't get used to their Ash, May, Jessie and Delia), James Carter Cathcart, I'd keep him too, but his James and Meowth (they lacked heart and relatability)
    This sounds like a good plan. TPCi probably won't listen to us, of course (they haven't for six years now..XD), but this is the way I'd go about it if I were them. Very good idea on your part. :)

I would pretty much do what LordMewtwo and KasumiChris1991 have already said to do. What TPCi did to the original voice actors was very, very wrong and the controversy left in its wake is huge and ongoing. A vast majority of fans still prefer the 4Kids voice cast to the TPCi voice cast (including myself), and TPCi's decision has led to a lot of grief for old fans/new fans, the old VAs, the new VAs, etc. I personally feel that the new VAs shouldn't be ousted but kept in a fashion like KasumiChris1991 suggested so that they still get their money (and they should be paid as they are now), but the old VAs should be able to reprise their main cast roles one day. :)

Another suggestion would be to make an alternate English dub track with the original VAs and hire FUNi to make the dub track for it or do it themselves (i.e. Slayers-Revolution and Evolution-R style). That way, people who prefer either dub aren't taken away from what they wish to view.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 19th August 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Blog Entries

This is about who you'd pick and nothing else. Drop the TPCI talk please.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

I would bring back Veronica Taylor, however NOT as Ash. Sara actually grew on me, and was one of the first voices I accepted after the change(I still can't stand brock's, but he's not in the show now, so W/e) maybe she could voice Bianca, or maybe she could even voice Georgia and Mei(who Lisa voiced in the game Trailer) could just voice her if she pops up in the series(hopefully.)

and speaking of the Trailer, I REALLY loved Bianca's voice in it there more then in the show, and wouldn't mind having that(though since she was about 16 in the trailer,I guess her sounding more mature made sense.)

Blog Entries

I would have given, as countless others have said, actors that could actually emote. Either that or fire the voice director, because I know that TCPI's actors can give better performances than the stilted and forced ones that they're dishing out now.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

I would want Emma Stone to voice a character. Just because I love her. And I feel like her type of voice hasn't been used yet. Pretty much all the girls on the show have high pitched girly voices. Emma Stone's wonderful wonderful voice would be a nice change.
    Owain likes this.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

J Michael Tatum as Cilan needs to happen. Shame it probably never will.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast