If You Could Change The Unova League..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You Could Change The Unova League.....

Default Re: If You Could Change The Unova League.....

If I can change it, I'll make sure I make some twists.

Episode 1: Ash vs COTD in Top 128, which all Top 128 results announced in a fast speed (totally skipping) , after that, its the start of Top 64 battle vs Bianca.

Episode 2: Ash win against Bianca, with a a show of other competitors beating their opponent, at the end, it is shown that Ash's next opponent is Trip.

Episode 3: Before the Top 32 fight with Trip, Trip appears and taunt him about his unevolved Pokemon. At the fight, Ash pull off an Ice Aqua Jet with Mijumaru and a Leaf Storm+Energy Ball (which is similar to Buizel's Water Pulse+Aqua Jet) combo with Sniny, beating him 3-0.

Episode 4: In Top 16, Ash vs whatever COTD, while Cameron vs Virgil being the match of the day, with Virgil winning by beating 5 Pokemon of Cameron with 4 of his Eeveelutions (Cameron is totally oblivious that its a 6v6 since he beat the COTDs with his Hydreigon only and he is not watching or paying attention to the number of Pokemon in others battle.)

Episode 5 & 6: At Top 8, he face Kenyan, I'll make this the most hyped battle (2 episode) in the league, ofcourse, with Pikachu vs Sawk being the last battle, with Pikachu winning in a close battle with Iron Tail. (Something like Sawk attacks Pikachu when Pikachu is charging for Thunderbolt, but Pikachu stopped charging and evade the attack, slipping behind at a fast speed by hitting the ground with his tail, then finish Sawk with an Iron Tail from behind)

Episode 7: Skipping another COTD battle of Ash and Virgil with just the clash of the Pokemon shown and the winner announced. Ash and Virgil were the finalist. And then halfway of the battle this episode ends.

Episode 8: Althought I'd like Ash to win, it seems the writers aren't going to, so I'll make Ash lose here. Then they continue their journey.

-Skip the prelims
    -Kenyan would fight Ash in the top 32 (3vs3)
    -Kotetsu would fight Ash in the top 16 (3vs3)
    -Bianca would be fed to Trip and the Serp in the top 16 to make them look like a threat.
    -Ash vs Trip in the top 8 (6vs6) with Trip using a wide range of strategies.
    -Ash vs Virgil in the top 4 (6vs6) Ash loses narrowly, with Pikachu falling to Umbreon.
    -Battles wouldn't be turn-based. Pokemon wouldn't just sit their and let a move hit them and trainers would use a lot of strategies (particularly in the latter rounds).

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I'd make it actually worth watching.

Hypnodance FTW!

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only changes I would implement to the Unova League without completely rewriting the rest of the series prior to that arc are changes to make it even more intentionally shitty, but quicker to get through and not dragged out with a two-week break like the other crappy tournament arcs have been (seriously, I think the first Don Battle AND the Junior Cup were dragged out due to unusually long breaks). I personally find it impossible to change this League and make it genuinely good since the build-up for it has been awful - hence to make it GOOD I'd have to go on a long-ass tirade about the things I'd change in-series, so let's just work with what we got.

- The League itself would be like 2 episodes long. Less episodes means less wasting our time with the bullshit.

- Ash places in the Top 16 (at best) or Top 64 (at worst). The lower the better because Ash's Unova team sucks and so does Ash's skills as a trainer. If he did make it to a higher tier, I'd make sure Pokemon other than Pikachu, Pignite, and Krookodile got some victories. And preferably some evolutions in the team occurring in the downtime periods after each League round because I'm sick and tired of Ash's Pokemon winning battles by having a Pokemon evolve in the middle of it.

- Ash vs Trip being a 1v1 happening in the first round with Trip getting a Top 128 ranking (and leaving the show right after) is exactly what I wanted, though if it were up to me, the battle itself would last about 5-10 minutes maximum and wouldn't be so damn one-sided.

- Cameron would have lost so hard to Bianca. SO HARD. Virgil would have lost to Stephan. Ash would lose to Bianca. The finals would end up being Bianca vs Stephan, where Bianca finally gets revenge for losing to Stephan twice in past tournaments by defeating him and winning the whole League.

- The episodes would be animated by Shimura. :P Or whichever AD is deemed the crappiest nowadays.

So yeah, my aim would be to sabotage the league even further than it has been already. As I said, to make it GOOD, I'd have to revamp the whole damn series to make any of the climactic stuff mean anything and be deserving of any true effort.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Winner: Koharu
    Runner-up: Imotarō
    Top 4: Bel and Dino or Antonio
    Top 8: Kenyan and Antonio or Dino
    Top 16: Satoshi
    Top 32: Virgil
    Top 64: Kotetsu
    Top 128: Trip
    Last edited by martianmister; 17th January 2013 at 07:06 PM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- Ash vs. COTD (one of the COTDs that eventually made it to the Top 16) in the first round.
    - Preliminary triple battles would have been included.
    - Completely scrap the BW105 filler.
    - Ash vs. Stephan (3-on-3 battle)-Top 64 [change some of the pokemon choices around; no Palpitoad vs. Zebstrika, for example]
    - Ash vs. Bianca (full battle)- Top 32
    - Ash vs. Cameron (full battle)- Top 16. I would have changed Cameron's team so that he would have used Eelektrik or Klang instead of Swanna.
    - Ash vs. Trip (full battle)- Top 8
    - Ash vs. Virgil (final part of the battle)- Top 4, Ash loses.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'll go by the same timeframe of the League, so the episodes won't step over other episodes.

BW103 - The Preliminary match between Koharu's Gothitelle against Ash's Scraggy Derp, forgot to include Trip. BW103 will be Trip vs Ash, with Ash winning at the start of the next episode
    BW104 - 3-on-3, Ash vs Stephan (Ash wins)
    BW105 - The episode will largely be the same, except the episode will be interrupted occasionally by Ash's match against a CotD (Katherine?) in the League, and Ash's Pokemon's roles will be taken by Virgil's Eevees
    BW106 - 3-vs-3, Virgil vs Bianca (Virgil wins), the start of Ash vs Kotetsu
    BW107 - The rest of Ash vs Kotetsu, with Ash winning; the start of Ash vs Virgil
    BW108 - Ash vs Virgil (Virgil wins)

Ash will come in the Top 4 (we skip a match so Kotetsu and Bianca can make the Top 8.) I wanted to give Bianca a battle with Ash, but I don't see enough room to give her a proper battle.

The Top 8 would be Ash, Dino, Antonio, Imotaro, Virgil, Kotetsu, Bianca, and Jimmy Ray Ramone. Sure, Stephan gets screwed over in the rankings, but he'll still get an episode and a 3-on-3 battle. Alternatively, I'd write Kotetsu out of the story completely or make him a background contestant, so have Ash battle Stephan later on in the League. @Likeitornot.

The Top 4 would be Ash, Dino, Virgil, and Antonio. The Top two would be Virgil and Antonio @CommanderPigg;, with Virgil winning the League.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

make the ash vs trip a longer battle and also get rid of that axew filler. -_- And many other things, since the league bored the heck out of me.

I would have had Ash win the entire league.

And yes, I'm being totally serious.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    IAlternatively, I'd write Kotetsu out of the story completely or make him a background contestant, so have Ash battle Stephan later on in the League. @Likeitornot.
    Mm, that could work if in the 6 VS 6 Kenyan VS Ash match, we have Oshawott defeating one, even two of Kenyan's Pokemon, y'know, to make up for the fact in this League he was one of Ash's Pokemon that commanded no victories. <:3

In all honesty, a Kenyan VS Ash 6 VS 6 could've been enthralling and a change of pace if Kenyan actually did defeat him, but in what round, I am unsure.
    "Calculated tactics, mental strength, accurate judgement, and being blessed with gorgeous looks! The person who has all of these is...!"

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Zexy on Facebook
    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

First, i would write out eps like 87, 88, 95, 98, 99 and 105 to get more battling episodes.
    I would like Ash to have these battles:
    Top 128:Ash's Scraggy vs Katharine's Gothitelle , one on one . Scraggy evolves into Scrafty and beats Gothitelle. (that would be great!)
    Top 64: a 2v2 against Bianca, or even Snivy's former Trainer (it will be revealed at the very end, when Snivy is sent out to battle.) Snivy evolves if it's the second case and beats her former Trainer.
    Top 32: the battle he had with Stephan COMPLETELY UNCHANGED or an equally good battle with Bianca.
    Top 16:a 3v3 with Cameron (lasting one ep and a half) against Ferrothorn, Samurott and (newly evolved) Lucario . Last matchup Pika vs Lucario. ash wins. (please, no Hydreigon for the airhead! plus it would be nice to see Ash facing against an evolved Pokemon after him getting two evos.)
    Top 8:a 6v6 with Trip (lasting three eps) against Serperior, Conkeldurr, and Hydreigon (I would like it more if the Hydreigon was his). the rest 3 could be any 3 out of his 4 remaining ones. ash wins. (please no rage wars, i would like Boldore to evolve here...)
    Top 4:a 6v6 with Virgil (lasting two eps) against Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon. The last matchups would be Eevee vs Pikachu. Virgil wins it (this way virgil dose not look pointless and ash does not regress)
    Last edited by Zexy; 18th January 2013 at 03:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12