If you could change one thing in BW what would that be? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could change one thing in BW what would that be?

Default Re: If you could change one thing in BW what would that be?

More Pokemon Caught by Cilan and more Pokemo n by the Rivals and not just 3 BLOODY Pokemon I SAY.

Stop airing the show and start from scratch.
    What?
    You were all thinking it...

More Of Klink, Klang, Klinklang.
    More of Eelectrik.

Lucky 555th Post.

Less emphasis on tournaments and so many rivals, not hitting the reset button for Ash, more screen time for more of his lesser-seen Pokemon, better use of Trip's screen time, and less of making Pansage into an easily-beatable butt-monkey.

Y Rotation Team

Blog Entries

More Cabernet and Langley episodes.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was only one thing I asked for. This is not a thread were people writes what the writers made bad. This is for one thing. Understood?
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Ah, pardon, Palpitoad. Well, if it had to be one thing out of all those listed, I'd have to say less emphasis on so many rivals.

Y Rotation Team

More Pokemon by Stephan he was a really Good Rival I Thought.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

It's a tough call since there honestly quite a few things in BW that I would like to change. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with not making Ash regress in his skills as a trainer so that he wouldn't make so many terrible mistakes in his battles. That way, they could have a better chance of being more enjoyable to watch, at least for me. If they were somewhere around the quality of the battle against Byrcen or better, then the battles in BW would be at least close to, if not on par with, the battles in AG and that would make watching the series more enjoyable for me.

I get to choose only one thing huh?

Well I guess the pacing could have been done better. I don't mind the starters, the extra pokemon or the characters but how they each were give time on the show matters.

Firstly, with such a rushed series, how the hell were the able to really have Ash's pokemon(reserves included) given the proper time they needed to develop? They weren't able to that's why. Extra pokemon is a good thought but not with a fast paced series like BW. Maybe back in Sinnoh would have been better since training was being done properly.

Secondly the rivals could have used more time and more episodes dedicated to them separately and sometimes along with Ash. They could have had Bianca caught more pokemon than what she used plus they could have gave more screen time to Trip's other pokemon also to Trip himself.

Thirdly is Iris and Cilan. Instead of almost doing nothing for Iris in the beginning of BW and doing so much for Cilan in the beginning, they should have spread their time around more. Not to mention more on screen training and development for poor Axew who seems to be ignored right now, Excadrill who only shows up whenever, and Emonga who hasn't really had much of a part in the series at all. Then there is Cilan's Stunfish that seems to get ignored, and his grass ape that got thrown around a lot in the middle of BW.

And fourth, there is the league. If I knew ahead of time they were going to make "Da"(a series full of fillers) then they could have made a longer better league, made a senior cup or some sort of training events or even had made an attempt to have brought in "N" a whole lot earlier.

I think if the pacing and the creativeness that actually went into the series like it should have been it would have been better.

More interesting stuff with Trip I think.

That's the way it is Tepig in a BBQ's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I had to change one thing in BW?

The Pokémon that got shoved in our throads over and over again (Minezumi, Miruhog, Mamepato, Hatoboh, Pendror, Shikijika, Darumakka. Oh especially you Darumakka). If they're going to repeat these Pokémon every episode, why not EVERY Pokémon from Isshu to make a nice varity of choices?

Give him a set team of 6, rather than the rotating 10 or 11 as it meant you didn't bond with the individual Pokemon as much. Also why double up on so many types? Ash has 2 Grass, 2 Fire, 2 Water, and also he has Rock and a Ground which are very similar, vary it up a bit if you're going to have so many on your team.

A smile on Dragonite's face. Just once (or did I miss it?).

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

At this point, asking what people would change about Best Wishes is equivalent to asking what people would change about the Star Wars prequels, though if you want to know what I would change, I would change a lot:

• No reset in Ash's personality or skill, and actually have him grow an inch or two (also make him about 13-14 as opposed to 10).
    • Have Iris be less annoying and spotlight stealing, or completely replace her with Hilda, better yet, make Cheren and Bianca Ash's companions instead of Iris and Cilan.
    • Have Ash's Oshawott evolve, and have Ash hatch a Mienfoo instead of a Scraggy, also have Cheren have Snivy and Bianca have Tepig.
    • Have Team Plasma appear in Accumula Town to have a series-wide story arc involving them, and reduce Team Rocket to a bare minimum role, a Plasma trio to counter the Rocket trio would be nice too.
    • No Trip, have N be the rival instead, and make Cameron less annoying (and have him appear much earlier so he wouldn't be a shoehorned in "I only exist to beat Ash in the league" character).

There are many other things I would list as well.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast