IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

  1. #16
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,815
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Hmmm...I didn't think about it that way. I tend to overestimate what several months means for a weekly show. It would technically be less than 30, but 30 is still a good estimate, but that's only the bare minimum of what we can expect. It could last past July, but we can't know. If it was, it would be even shorter than Orange, which was 35 eps. You're right, though, that leaves little time for any villain to show up if they will. Both Orange and Battle Frontier existed without a major villain plot, so there you go. I may say that Plasma could show up, but it's merely a formality. I think everyone that expected this to be like the games is fooling themselves. I think the writers realized that, and it could be why the TR vs TP thing may have been the only thing we were going to get. As for TP as seen in BW2, maybe they could still happen, but we no longer need the same event that happened in the games to happen here. I could still be proven wrong, for next year is still a colossal blank, but indeed, one can only fit so much into that amount of time. To expect another big villain event is silly except if TR is involved somehow. I expect it to last longer than that, though, although adding two more months to the count would hardly matter much. I just didn't realize how small the amount of eps were. In that case, it probably doesn't matter TR is taking a break even if it is for the rest of the gen.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  2. #17
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    New villians sounds nice. It would be even better to have N follow Ash and his Pikachu around from now on.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    [For starters, there was at least a decent level of antagony in previous serious while BW is the Pokemon Anime at its all time most kiddy with Ash & Co far too often having adventures akin to some 70 or 80s Saturday morning cartoon.
    Team Rocket has just as much decent antagony as Aqua/Magma and Team Galactic did.

    Hahahaha, WHAT? BW is no more or less "kiddy" than the anime has ALWAYS been. The anime is a kids' show; quit deluding yourself.

    they're just not as interesting, fun or likable as they were.
    Right, you're one of those people. Sigh.

    And I'm not sure how much "better" they really are when they give up as soon as things go bad. Them being blasted off in battle or at least in a dicey situation beats them QUITTING BECAUSE THINGS AREN'T GOING THEIR WAY. There's something askew about the Inept Trio having more determination & guts than the Smarter/Meaner Trio literally running away from their problems
    Oh right, it's "braver" and "more determined" to stand your ground even though you know damn well you're going to be attacked and blasted off. Yeah, that's not stupid at all. And come to think of it, Hunter J (who you sang the praises of) did the exact same thing, bailing frequently when her clients backed out instead of at least sticking around to finish the heroes off. I guess she's lame too then.

    Plus, a lot of the episodes without them take the term "filler" to a whole new level.
    WOW. Seriously!? You mean the kind of episodes they used to be in, where a Pokemon owned by a CotD would be showcased, TR would try to steal it and always get defeated...was NOT filler? And that episodes progressing character development, relationships, and rivalries (like the tournament arcs) ARE filler because TR isn't involved in any way? I have no words. I guess you want the show back to Johto style.

  4. #19
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    If you mean a new trio of villains tagging the group of course not. BW proved you don't need a trio of villains in every episode.

    We should see the villain teams adapted though.
    That's the smartest thing you've said all week. The only reason why criminal organizations exist on this show is because they exist in the game. So even if Team Rocket is gone, some strange group will show up if generation 6th is an issue.

  5. #20
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,327
    Blog Entries
    114

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Well yeah, they'll have to bring in new villians. So far, I've disliked every villian they've ever introduced, so I'm not hopeful.

  6. #21
    Still the coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    84

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    My guess is that they'll just finish up Unova without any villains, then in the next generation, introduce a new villainous team and maybe throw TRio in to try and get Pikachu again.

  7. #22
    Monster Professor Dr. Mecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    It does provide an opportunity for them to do Plasma proper in the next saga, but I can't be sure.
    They don't have time to properly showcase Team Plasma. After the league, it is more likely than not that there will only be about 30 episodes left until the end of the series, and so I can't imagine that more than five episodes will be devoted to any evil organization. Basically, Team Plasma would be introduced and then written off, with very little happening in between. It makes very little sense that the writers wouldn't have built up Team Plasma by now had they wanted them to replace Team Rocket.

    I don't buy any theories about Movie 16 revolving around Team Plasma, either. That movie will obviously promote Generation VI more than anything else; the previous movies were far better suited for Team Plasma.
    They might have two or three episodes, but that's about it. Unova is pretty much done anyways.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

  8. #23
    Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,056
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    New villians sounds nice. It would be even better to have N follow Ash and his Pikachu around from now on.
    It would be cool if Ash & N crossed paths a few times. I think they'd play off each other very well. Ash is the epitome of a wide-eyed energetic boy hero while N's a totol drama queen (I smell sitcom! )

    Quote Originally Posted by ObjectionMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    [For starters, there was at least a decent level of antagony in previous serious while BW is the Pokemon Anime at its all time most kiddy with Ash & Co far too often having adventures akin to some 70 or 80s Saturday morning cartoon.
    Team Rocket has just as much decent antagony as Aqua/Magma and Team Galactic did.
    Occasionally. And to be fair, they were victim's of really, really bad voice acting & dialog in the dub that made them look (a lot)worse than intended

    Hahahaha, WHAT? BW is no more or less "kiddy" than the anime has ALWAYS been. The anime is a kids' show; quit deluding yourself.
    Despite popular belief, being a kid's show does not excuse a show from being shallow, mindless & plotless. The Anime has had better storytelling than what's going on now. Heck, BW was even on the right track until The Seismac Disaster


    Oh right, it's "braver" and "more determined" to stand your ground even though you know damn well you're going to be attacked and blasted off. Yeah, that's not stupid at all. And come to think of it, Hunter J (who you sang the praises of) did the exact same thing, bailing frequently when her clients backed out instead of at least sticking around to finish the heroes off. I guess she's lame too then.
    Oh, you haven't heard me sing the praises of Hunter J.

    Plus, she was annoyed/pissed when her clients backed out. Her giving up in those two episodes was because there was no point in fighting when there wasn't a profit to be had. Which still beats retreating because of an inconvenince TR should've been better prepared for.

    And that episodes progressing character development, relationships, and rivalries (like the tournament arcs) ARE filler because TR isn't involved in any way?
    The tournaments didn't progress crap. Unless you count having annoying running gags crammed down our throats as character developement. And a lot of the other stuff else just feels like trying to kill time. Even some episodes with captures & evolutions don't have a feel of specialness to them thanks to all the deus ex machina-ing that's been going on lately :meh:

    I guess you want the show back to Johto style.
    It feels like it already has part of the time...
    Last edited by SammyW27; 8th October 2012 at 01:25 PM.

  9. #24
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    If they ever bring in Team Plasma sometime from this point, then N would probably be turned into some league rival who's planning to wreck havoc on the League Tournement. No - I would rather see Team Plasma with Genesect as that is the most logical.

    I don't see any need for villains. Besides, it's not as if Team Rocket is completely gone. Who knows - they might be back some time later.

    However... it might be interesting if they brought Akuroma as a temporary villain into the show for some extra fillers.

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    There has always been villians who've troubled the twerps and there should always be, anything else would be weird in my opinion.

  11. #26
    Back From The Grave Charbok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    896
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    I would just prefer if they used the actual villainous teams from the games more often.

    Look Forward, Team Rocket!

    Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

  12. #27
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    It's likely they won't introduce any new villains until after (or during) the Unova League as that's the anime's main focus at the moment is the League in which Ash will lose again. Even then, there's only a 50% chance it would be Team Plasma, which at this point would only likely appear in Movie 16, though as people are saying, Movie 16 will most likely promote Gen 6 rather than anything else, with Genesect's presence in the movie being reduced to a bare minimum, if not at all, while *insert Lucario/Zoroark clone of Gen 6 here* gets all the focus.

    To be honest, I always preferred that the anime used the other villain teams (or other villains in general) more often rather than just the same two Team Rocket grunts and Meowth all the time. I mean almost all of us remember Hunter J, and I think we need more villains like her in the anime, rather than just the TRio and the scarce appearances of the villain teams from the games.

    Probably my worst fear is the writers introducing N in the Unova League, but instead of leading into a Team Plasma arc, N instead is written as a Tobias expy that Ash loses to in the league in order to get to *insert Gen 6 region here* faster, with no mention or hints of Team Plasma's existence at all. For now, the BW2 animated promo is probably the closest we will ever get to seeing Team Plasma in the anime.
    SammyW27 likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  13. #28
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    It's likely they won't introduce any new villains until after (or during) the Unova League as that's the anime's main focus at the moment is the League in which Ash will lose again. Even then, there's only a 50% chance it would be Team Plasma, which at this point would only likely appear in Movie 16, though as people are saying, Movie 16 will most likely promote Gen 6 rather than anything else, with Genesect's presence in the movie being reduced to a bare minimum, if not at all, while *insert Lucario/Zoroark clone of Gen 6 here* gets all the focus.

    To be honest, I always preferred that the anime used the other villain teams (or other villains in general) more often rather than just the same two Team Rocket grunts and Meowth all the time. I mean almost all of us remember Hunter J, and I think we need more villains like her in the anime, rather than just the TRio and the scarce appearances of the villain teams from the games.

    Probably my worst fear is the writers introducing N in the Unova League, but instead of leading into a Team Plasma arc, N instead is written as a Tobias expy that Ash loses to in the league in order to get to *insert Gen 6 region here* faster, with no mention or hints of Team Plasma's existence at all. For now, the BW2 animated promo is probably the closest we will ever get to seeing Team Plasma in the anime.
    That is a fear but it's better than thinking that Eevee evolutions might be Ash's downfall in this league.

    Zekrom already got it's cameo in episode 1, would like to see N holding Reshiram towards the end.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

  14. #29
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    It's likely they won't introduce any new villains until after (or during) the Unova League as that's the anime's main focus at the moment is the League in which Ash will lose again. Even then, there's only a 50% chance it would be Team Plasma, which at this point would only likely appear in Movie 16, though as people are saying, Movie 16 will most likely promote Gen 6 rather than anything else, with Genesect's presence in the movie being reduced to a bare minimum, if not at all, while *insert Lucario/Zoroark clone of Gen 6 here* gets all the focus.

    To be honest, I always preferred that the anime used the other villain teams (or other villains in general) more often rather than just the same two Team Rocket grunts and Meowth all the time. I mean almost all of us remember Hunter J, and I think we need more villains like her in the anime, rather than just the TRio and the scarce appearances of the villain teams from the games.

    Probably my worst fear is the writers introducing N in the Unova League, but instead of leading into a Team Plasma arc, N instead is written as a Tobias expy that Ash loses to in the league in order to get to *insert Gen 6 region here* faster, with no mention or hints of Team Plasma's existence at all. For now, the BW2 animated promo is probably the closest we will ever get to seeing Team Plasma in the anime.
    That is a fear but it's better than thinking that Eevee evolutions might be Ash's downfall in this league.

    Zekrom already got it's cameo in episode 1, would like to see N holding Reshiram towards the end.
    True, and having Ash lose to N is better than losing to all Eeveelutions, and considering the 14th and 15th movies already had the Tao Trio make appearances, there would be no room in the anime for them.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  15. #30
    Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,056
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    considering the 14th and 15th movies already had the Tao Trio make appearances, there would be no room in the anime for them.
    Why not

    Dialga showed up in 3 DP movies and Palkia 2, but that didn't stop them from popping up in the Show and being referenced. I see no reason the Tao Duo (and Legendaries in general) can't make appearances in both movies and the Show.

    Also, I wouldn't mind if we had a revolving door of one shots villains like Leon, Team Vanillite, Rizzo, and to a lesser extent, Seamus.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •