IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

Blog Entries

Default IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

We aren't 100% sure ofcourse, but if they are written entirely out of the show, do you think they'll introduce new villains to deal with Ash & Friends?

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

They need to do something! A big part of BW's problems are the overwhelming lack of villiany. It's bad enough Team Plasma was cut due to reasons of tragedy, but the lack of TR has been a bigger problem than I ever thought it would be! You think they'd come up with some new bad guys to make up for it! (I really wouldn't mind if Leon or Seamus showed up again)

They hit villain gold with Hunter J, who was anime exclusive. They desperately need to do that again.

Default Re: IF Team Rocket is out of the way, do you think they'll introduce new villians?

The really need to add some ACTUAL villains! I mean really, I am really getting tired of the same old TR routine... "Try and do a plan that is actually good!-Get stopped!-Fly away!" I'd love it if Team Plasma is in there, because they actually have a good plan instead of capturing Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    They need to do something! A big part of BW's problems are the overwhelming lack of villiany.
    You're kidding, right? AG and DP had much MORE of a lack of villainy since Team Rocket were NOT real villains, just gag plot devices.

TR may not show up every episode in BW, but when they do they're at least actual villains!

They hit villain gold with Hunter J, who was anime exclusive. They desperately need to do that again.
    Am I the only one who thinks Hunter J is overrated? She was a real villain (unlike TR at the time), but nothing special beside that.

Blog Entries

Basically if you think hunter J was the best thing that happened to pokemon you are above the age range that the writers are catering to and therefore have no reason to complain.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

They'll probably introduce a new set of original villains while keeping the old TR trio as the new Team Rocket, with them being the only members.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Basically if you think hunter J was the best thing that happened to pokemon you are above the age range that the writers are catering to and therefore have no reason to complain.
    That's ridiculous. There's nothing to indicate J was aimed at older fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    They'll probably introduce a new set of original villains while keeping the old TR trio as the new Team Rocket, with them being the only members.
    Why would the TRio be the only members?
    SammyW27 likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Why would the TRio be the only members?
    Because even if Team Rocket is finished, their ambition to capture Pikachu may never die, seeing that they're the only ones who care about getting Pikachu.

Blog Entries

Team Rocket isn't finished though. They just gave up on Isshu.

Blog Entries

I personally think the producers ended the Rocket-dan's story now so they could introduce the Plasma-dan post-League.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you mean a new trio of villains tagging the group of course not. BW proved you don't need a trio of villains in every episode.

We should see the villain teams adapted though.
    Caseydia and Reila like this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ObjectionMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    They need to do something! A big part of BW's problems are the overwhelming lack of villiany.
    You're kidding, right? AG and DP had much MORE of a lack of villainy since Team Rocket were NOT real villains, just gag plot devices.

TR may not show up every episode in BW, but when they do they're at least actual villains!
    For starters, there was at least a decent level of antagony in previous serious while BW is the Pokemon Anime at its all time most kiddy with Ash & Co far too often having adventures akin to some 70 or 80s Saturday morning cartoon

Also, the Trio may be more compotent, but they're not really better.

For a while it was cool, but now the Bizarro-world novelty has worn off and they're just not as interesting, fun or likable as they were. And I'm not sure how much "better" they really are when they give up as soon as things go bad. Them being blasted off in battle or at least in a dicey situation beats them QUITTING BECAUSE THINGS AREN'T GOING THEIR WAY. There's something askew about the Inept Trio having more determination & guts than the Smarter/Meaner Trio literally running away from their problems

Plus, a lot of the episodes without them take the term "filler" to a whole new level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    And heck, that's what the producers have been doing 99% of the time anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    I personally think the producers ended the Rocket-dan's story now so they could introduce the Plasma-dan post-League.
    Boy, that would be sweet.

But I wouldn't get my hopes too high
    Last edited by SammyW27; 5th October 2012 at 09:01 PM.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To answer the OP's question, yes it is possible that there will be new villains for the upcoming story arcs. The writers could very well have Ash and co. battle the "antagonist team" of the sixth generation games for the anime series covering those games. There is also the possibility that there will be more COTD antagonists, like Leon or Maya, during the latter parts of Best Wishes and for its future sequels.

Blog Entries

That depends on whether they are truly done with TR or not. I'm not fully convinced they are. It does provide an opportunity for them to do Plasma proper in the next saga, but I can't be sure. If they're really really done with TR, then the next generation will definitely see the new villains of it be featured prominently. If Plasma does happen, then I will say that the point has been made and that TR could be done with, although I wouldn't entirely be sure. (they could still come and wreck TP's junk or even come back of their own accord) If they want to take a break until next gen, I could see that happening, but I don't see too much of a reason why. Then again, they've already proven TR's constant presence is no longer necessary, but TR's presence at all? It's feasible, but still, if the point is made on that, then I see little reason TO continue TR even if it is only to bring them back in whatever the next gen brings us. I would still have to give it the shadow of a doubt, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    It does provide an opportunity for them to do Plasma proper in the next saga, but I can't be sure.
    They don't have time to properly showcase Team Plasma. After the league, it is more likely than not that there will only be about 30 episodes left until the end of the series, and so I can't imagine that more than five episodes will be devoted to any evil organization. Basically, Team Plasma would be introduced and then written off, with very little happening in between. It makes very little sense that the writers wouldn't have built up Team Plasma by now had they wanted them to replace Team Rocket.

I don't buy any theories about Movie 16 revolving around Team Plasma, either. That movie will obviously promote Generation VI more than anything else; the previous movies were far better suited for Team Plasma.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast