If the pre-BW2 short was made into series, would you still watch the regular anime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: If the pre-BW2 short was made into series, would you still watch the regular anime?

Default If the pre-BW2 short was made into series, would you still watch the regular anime?

Just curious to what people's thoughts on *here* were. I've seen many Youtube comments screaming for a brand new series, focused on the protagonists of BW2, directed towards a slightly older audience, and possessing an anime style very different from the regular anime. I'm not saying that this WILL be made into an actual series, and knowing how the creators of Pokemon can be, it most likely won't. As much as I get irritated sometimes with the plotlines of many of the episodes in the original series, I still love it and enjoy watching both old and new episodes. So yes, I would definitely continue to watch the original series, but having a new one to catch my interest is just as good!
    Last edited by Poliwhirl42; 8th September 2012 at 12:06 PM.
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

Default Re: If the pre-BW2 short was made into series, would you still watch the regular anim

I won't lie, I loved watching the animated promo for BW2, and it looks like it has potential to be, if not its own anime, then maybe its own movie/movie series, kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies.
    Poliwhirl42 likes this.

Y Rotation Team

Blog Entries

Default Re: If the pre-BW2 short was made into series, would you still watch the regular anim

Quote Originally Posted by TPrower View Post
    I won't lie, I loved watching the animated promo for BW2, and it looks like it has potential to be, if not its own anime, then maybe its own movie/movie series, kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies.
    So, would you still watch the actual anime or not? It's what the thread asks.

Whoops, forgot that part. Hard to say. I find myself not as interested in the original anime anymore, only just to see certain battles and hear the English versions of certain Pokemon voices.

Y Rotation Team

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'd still watch the original anime series. I've stuck with it for over 15 years and it makes me happy, so I'd say I'll be sticking with it for the long haul.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

It'd be good to do for comparison.
    Poliwhirl42 and Rex Kamex like this.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I definitely would still watch the original series. I've been following the anime for fourteen years and even with all of its flaws, I still love it and enjoy watching it. Even if they made a new series like the B2/W2 animated trailer, I couldn't really see myself losing interest in the original anime after watching it for so many years. Besides that, it would be interesting to see if the original series changed a bit after a hypothetical new series came around and comparing the two series would be kind of interesting too.
    HumanDawn and YamiiDenryuu like this.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

It depends on what the new cartoon would bring to the table, plot/character-developement-wise. Since the middle of BW, I've been losing interest in the anime. A bit tired of Ash regressing into his dumb-Kanto phase. I did like how TR got serious...even if they ended up bland and robotic.

If this maybe-anime with BW2 Promo has better characterization and plot, then I might leave the current anime to watch the new and shiny version. Being aimed at older kids might also give it some more depth to it, idk. I don't want something like Kyouhei basically being an Ash-clone, or Mei being a painfully Shounen-genre girl, ie. "Mei loves shopping, fashion, small cute Pokemon, AND the color pink!! Teehee!! ^_^"

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will always watch the regular anime ( even how bad it gets). if the BW2 followed the same style as the original anime then i would watch both. but if BW2 followed the new style in the trailer then i would only watch BW2 just to complain :)

Blog Entries

True, the BW2 short looked absolutely epic, and it gave the impression that if it was turned into an anime (which, let's face it, isn't bloody likely) it would be more 'mature' than the regular anime, but why not? We already know that Pocket Monsters isn't exactly the best anime around, but we still watch it. I'd keep watching it for the same reasons most of us have: it being a part of my childhood, there being certain characters I've become attached to, the belief that for all its glaring flaws, it's still worth watching.

But, that said, I'd really appreciate a B2/W2-based series.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

I would definitely still watch the regular anime. It doesn't seem right to just abandon it in favor of something new, especially since it has probably been around longer than I have. But if they did make a BW2 series in the same style as the trailer, I would watch it too. :)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd watch the regular anime till Ash is gone, if only because I have to see the end of his story.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I'd watch the main anime still to although I do watch the anime on and off sometimes anyway.

If the b/w 2 trailer is made into a anime, the story better be decent and good to keep watching again.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I thonk it should just be a special episode in the same vein as the Mystery Dungeon Episodes. But yes, I would still watch the main anime if it became a standalone series.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

If BW2 will turn in to anime series, I still keep watch regular anime, Iris and Trip are still my top Favorite characters in Pokemon. That would be great if we see all game characters turn into anime series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast