If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like?

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Default Re: If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like

If it were more mature, Ash would age, and marketing would be less of a priority.

Default Re: If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like

I think Pokemon would be an even more of a mess than it is now. No offense but there are some members who have good ideas and can actually work well in the anime for kids as well as everyone esle but some members, would make it a totally different show. For me, I like the while character change format. I would have liked it if the special characters were more involved instead of gymleeader characters as main ones though. I mean there could still be stories for every gymleader but I would have loved if Gary, Yellow and the others were tavel companions compared to some of the ones we got.

However, this is why it's best to leave the show to perfessionals.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I think Pokemon would be an even more of a mess than it is now. No offense but there are some members who have good ideas and can actually work well in the anime for kids as well as everyone esle but some members, would make it a totally different show. For me, I like the while character change format. I would have liked it if the special characters were more involved instead of gymleeader characters as main ones though. I mean there could still be stories for every gymleader but I would have loved if Gary, Yellow and the others were tavel companions compared to some of the ones we got.

However, this is why it's best to leave the show to perfessionals.
    Do you mean Yellow from the Pokemon Adventures manga?

I agree with the last sentence to an extent. In my opinion, they haven't made the best of decisions, but that doesn't mean they can't write.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

I would love some sort of more mature-ish anime. If it were like Adventures or that BW2 trailer it'd be great.

I somewhat think that they've tried to make it less childish at points... like when it gets serious around the Aqua/magma part, or more specifically when Team Rocket becomes super-cool in Unova. Too bad that went away with their black uniforms :/

I also think that if it were aimed at an older audience, characters like Team Rocket could be used for a different kind of comic relief, one that could be witty and not involve them blastig off again and again and again.

-If the anime was aimed for a older audience, the anime would feel like like an actual TV show, instead of commercial that would promote cutesie little Pokemon plushies.
    -And thus, the anime we all know and love would have ended after the first season.
    3DS Friend Code: 1993-8025-8352

追放されたバカ

Team Rocket might actually win one? Shattering the illusion that good always wins (it doesn't in real life).
    I don't think they should add blood, but I think things like guns from the Dratini ep, and James fake boobs would be allowed.

Hopefully they wouldn't ban episodes at the drop of a hat in case someone was offended.

Blog Entries
    Follow Chime Nume On Twitter Add Chime Nume on Facebook Add Chime Nume on Google+
    Follow Chime Nume on Tumblr Visit Chime Nume's Youtube Channel

Well, to be honest, the plot would be a hell of a lot darker and the characters would be less two dimensional. There would most certainly be a little more violence, some blood, not too much blood, and perhaps a little more suggestive dialogue, but it would kind of be like One Piece: not too high up on the maturity list. Also, there would be more character development and maybe less episodes. Also, I'm sure there would be some deaths of humans in the anime, but who knows?

Ever Grande City. The most amazing forum on the internet! Come on down and join EGC today!
    Banner made by me.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

One word : the N arc would've been much more similar to the game plot.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    One word : the N arc would've been much more similar to the game plot.
    ^^ This basically would be it.

Blog Entries

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the magical cure for all the anime's problems some people are presenting it as here. :/

(And Kyriaki, dear, an entire sentence is not one word.)

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The pokemons would be more hurt after battles.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Sexy
    Hoopa likes this.

Visiting Raticate's grave.

Follow OmaR7RauL On Twitter Add OmaR7RauL on Google+
    Follow OmaR7RauL on Tumblr

There would be blood and Pokemon would "die" rather than "faint"?

Can I try? Twinkles the Marvel Horse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the anime would take on a slightly less cliche' tone, and instead move into a world where the main character(s) are not trying to achieve anything in particular or maybe have more minor goals. Main characters would not dream of being "pokemon champion" or "world-class connoisseur," rather more modest and living life as normal trainers with their own quirks. Gym leaders and things like contests would still be present, but would be more of a side thing that the characters may partake in from time to time. It would primarily explore the many questions and off-hand parts of the pokemon universe that aren't explained in the games or current anime with a slightly darker and more mysterious undertone; not in the sense of blood, language, and romance, but in that it would take itself more seriously (and maybe a little crude humor along with it). Maybe it would also reiterate the whole Lavender Town and dead pokemon thing to explore as an underlying factor. The main characters may have backstories (preferably minimal) and would be independent for periods of time, instead of always being in groups. At that, the characters would age and switch out from series to series, so that it might make it a little more interesting, though characters could meet up with other characters from previous series'. There would definitely be more depth and ideas and concepts would be displayed in as many episodes as it took to get everything that needs to be explained, explained (it could still only be an episode or two though, if the concept being presented was simpler).

Of course, I'm not sure how popular it would be or would have been.
    Shant I tell you of last night's dream?

Dark forms... came to me...

whispering of Unspeakable Atrocities!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast