If Iris and Dento are gone, who do you think will be the new companions? - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: If Iris and Dento are gone, who do you think will be the new companions?

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: If Iris and Dento are gone, who do you think will be the new companions?

I'm really hoping Serena is a companion, although I think Sana is a much more likely option. I think Toroba would be a good male companion, from what we know of his personality he'd fit the Takeshi-Dent archetype quite well.

8D

Default Re: If Iris and Dento are gone, who do you think will be the new companions?

I've mentioned this before, but my first hopes are Tierno and Shauna. Tierno actually has a goal from the games they can use instead of making up a goal for him. I think what hasn't worked out well with the male companions' goals is that their goal was fairly vague and didn't necessarily require the use of their own pokemon. But with Tierno, the whole performance aspect with his pokemon for a dance team requires use of them, so theoretically they should get screentime. I also like how the whole dance thing can be incorporated to Tierno's personality.

I think Shauna's a more interesting case. So far, she doesn't have an established goal so besides her personality, I don't know where they can take her character if she were to become a companion. I'm hoping to see more from the games to see more potential for Shauna.

Trevor and Serena are also possible choices for companions but my initial idea for their role in the story are more rivals. I think in those roles, they have some potential for interesting interactions imo.

Blog Entries
    Follow Burakeon On Twitter Add Burakeon on Facebook
    Visit Burakeon's Youtube Channel

I wouldn't like Iris and Cilan to leave.
    Cilan has only got 3 Pokemon. He has not done much things as a Connoisseur, except the failure detecting thing.
    Iris also has only captured 2 new Pokemon, and any time she thinks of battles she seems to be scared. She need more training.
    I would like that the XY Series Group could be made up by:
    Ash, Iris, Cilan, The Fairy Type Gym Leader(girl), and The male player character from X and Y or Virgil or even Max ?????
    Last edited by Burakeon; 3rd July 2013 at 12:26 AM.

As much as I'm not a big fan of Tierno and Trevor's designs, I think it would be fun to have both of them along with Shauna in a group of four. Serena should be the rival and who knows what happens to Calem (like almost every male playable character in every generation).

If it has to be three members, I think it would look fine without Trevor and have him as a recurring character.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind if they used Shauna, since I think they said that she's kind of high-strung. Trevor would be good for a male companion.

Honestly, I hope they don't use the female player character. I'm afraid that if they do, they'll make her hot-headed like Misty/May/Dawn/Iris. We don't need another Misty expy. We've had enough of them.

I actually hope that this time around they make the girl companion the cooler one and the guy companion the hot-headed one.
    Caseydia and Akromatic like this.
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I would like to see Shauna and Tierno as companions (Tierno's dance thing can be comical like Cilan's Connoiseur thing, Shauna really looks like a nice female lead, since she wants to meddle with your journey, though this may make her Bianca v2 with the female lead being the PC ).

Rival: Trevor. He has a camera like Trip! He is supposed to be competitive, according to the NPC biographies we have so far. I would like to see him as the main rival.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    I would like to see Shauna and Tierno as companions (Tierno's dance thing can be comical like Cilan's Connoiseur thing, Shauna really looks like a nice female lead, since she wants to meddle with your journey, though this may make her Bianca v2 with the female lead being the PC ).

Rival: Trevor. He has a camera like Trip! He is supposed to be competitive, according to the NPC biographies we have so far. I would like to see him as the main rival.
    If Trevor has a camera, than the writers might make him into a Trip clone next. Maybe it's best if they try something different this time. I like each rival for their individuality and not because they are the same.(Which they're not)

Blog Entries

Me personally, I'd like to see Serena as a traveling companion. Slots three and four can go to whoever but I really want to see Serena mixed up in the action. (I'm still kinda torqued that we didn't get to see that much of Hilda and I don't want that happening again.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

If they make Trevor a partner, it will be like a Snap type of person and not have a single Pokemon. I do like to see a type of person like Angie back, but I know it is impossible to have her back.
    Do not ask me that you have a chance to be a mod, I will not take the job if it is to leave the forum.

my friend Pichu90 made my avatar.

i would like to see a womanly and motherly girl to travel with him now like a teenage nurse Joy.
    we have had tomboys, girly girls and wild girls lets have womanly girl this time.

and a guy like tierno or trevor. not a gym leader this time plz.
    Caseydia likes this.

Trevor and the female heroine. Ash's rivals will be Tierno and a made up male character. The heroine's rival will be Shanua while Trevor has no rival.

Blog Entries

Also, if they use Serena as a traveling partner, she might end up a Scrappy. You know, a character who has a large hatedom. May and Dawn are both considered Scrappys because of their anime counterparts. I think it was a wise decision for the anime to use Iris (an NPC) instead of Hilda because it paid off - there are very few people who bash Hilda, while Iris has a large hatedom. And don't forget that female characters in anime often end up Scrappys. It's especially true of shonen since the cast is usually mostly male. Pokémon has a large female cast, but there's always only one girl traveling with Ash. If anything, it's easier to list female characters in shonen who aren't Scrappys than ones who are.

(Keep in mind that the hatred for a Scrappy is not universal. They can have fans who love them - and I mean real love, not "love to hate". We know that May and Dawn have plenty of fans. And BTW this is not limited to female characters - in fact, all of Ash's traveling partners can qualify. Even Ash himself counts - but I'm more forgiving of Ash because he does not appear in the games.)
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Out of offered new characters in games for female companions i could see Shauna joining Ash on journey through Kalos(as predictable as it may be). Judging by her game info she is "highly energetic and curious being interested in friend progress"making me suspect how she would have no specific goals set in mind when starting journey, gradually discovering where she sees herself and what she wants to do. Similar to May.

Or Serena which is playable female character, but judging by already older girl protagonist from previous games like Hilda or Mei ending ignored i can see writers easily passing on her not having anime debut in any shape, Though it would be welcomed to have her introduce as female rival who is highly knowledgeable and skilled trainer in similar vein like Paul or Gary were being ahead of Ash trying to catch up to her.

Maybe Tierno because while im not especially thrilled with whole dancing concept linked to him, he could be used as intermediate through which this could be introduced and promoted in anime as one of possible game features.
    I guess it could be interesting for change to have slightly more burly, obesity guy in main cast, like Ben Kei from Beyblade for example was adding diversity.

Or Cilan as older/new companion. I feel he wasn't enough fleshed out as character with further stay allowing to learn more about him, his connoisseur career and experience some more notable growth than what we saw so far. Not to mention i like his spirited personality, various hobbies and objectivity always trying to explain things from scientific standpoint adding for quality, good dynamic.

That said if by some off thrown chance writers decide to shake things up and invest more in one of characters from previous series for change to bring more continuity and new way of developing characters by doing follow up instead of going from blank start.
    Personally i would like to have Misty back being refreshing to see her after so much time again and how she could work in today series. I enjoyed in her personality knowing how to spice things up and she never really got proper closure having lot of material to be done more with pokemon, goal of becoming water master, past etc.

It would be fun imo to have additional girl aside from new one in cast creating entirely new dynamic within group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    If they make Trevor a partner, it will be like a Snap type of person and not have a single Pokemon. I do like to see a type of person like Angie back, but I know it is impossible to have her back.
    That would be nice. But since the show is called pokemon, him having a few isn't so bad.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The new "Rock-type" Gym Leader looks pretty cool, I think he'd fit well.

Maybe throw in the probable Fairy Gym Leader, Number 2 if WPM's rumors are to be believed (and it seems likely) which will probably be a girl, and bam, new team.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast