If Ash makes it to the finals this League, should Trip be there with him? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Is a Ash vs Trip League final too much to have?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 48.98%
  • No

25 51.02%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: If Ash makes it to the finals this League, should Trip be there with him?

Blog Entries

Default Re: If Ash makes it to the finals this League, should Trip be there with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I'm calling it now, Trip will make it into the finals but Ash will beat him there.
    Umm, I kinda already beat ya to the bunch.

But seriously guys, think about it, if Trip made it to the finals, how would it be insulting to Ash, especially, as stated before, everyone else but Ash is a rookie.

However, I DO NOT THINK IN ANY WAY, that Trip should make it to the finals, just to guarantee Ash the win. If that's the case, I'd rather have Ash lose in the final to Trip to keep it original.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Default Re: If Ash makes it to the finals this League, should Trip be there with him?

The concept is fine, I wouldn't mind if a newbie faced off Ash in the final round. The battle would be especially fair if he used only the pokemon he caught in Unova (bar Pikachu...).

Even if he beat Ash, I wouldn't mind, but I have to feel as if that victory was meaningful in some way.

Because their rivalry is, as noted before in this thread, shallow, I wouldn't feel happy that Trip won. What's this teaching to kids? That it's okay to be xenophobic because you'd prove them right in the end?

Give Trip a reason for me to cheer him on.

"seasons change, people change"

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The writers tend to do screwy stuff like this so a rookie Trip being in the finals while strong characters like Paul don't make it...oddly makes sense in terms of what they do.

I can see Ash Vs. Trip in the finals, I doubt they're going to do another Top 4 again.

And since I don't see Ash losing to Trip, (they're not going to keep this guy for two generations when they didn't keep Paul), Ash will beat him.

Blog Entries

The writers tend to do screwy stuff like this so a rookie Trip being in the finals while strong characters like Paul don't make it...oddly makes sense in terms of what they do.
    Which is strange. I mean Ash, and Paul are strong trainers..yet neither one of them has won anything. Yet, Flint seemingly won one around their age and Zoey became a Top Coordinator on her first try. Come on writers.

Blog Entries

Well if Ash finally wins a league I wouldn't care if its against Trip in the finals.

We all know Ash was the real victor of the Sinnoh league anyway.

We all know Ash was the real victor of the Sinnoh league anyway.
    He was the real second place, given the other guy lost right away. Tobias had to be a much better trainer than Ash to even catch the legendaries, given how impossible the anime made it seem up until Brandon with the Regis. You can't discount a character just for being a one shot plot device.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Personally I hope that Ash beats his rival in an early round for once. I think it would be awesome if he faced Belle or some other in-game character in the finals. That would be something different, at least.

Of course not! It would be stupid to put a rookie trainer into the finals!

I would love to see Black/Hilbert in the finals or eventually N!

I want Tobias to come back and be the match up before Trip.

Blog Entries

Ash should lose if the writers just put Trip in the finals for him to lose. It's hard to believe that all of you who want Ash to finally win a League, want him to win at all costs, even if the win is cheap.

This final accomplishment of Ash's should be well earned, it'd be pretty whack if all the battles are great, but the final. People assume Ash should be a pro, but with new pokemon every new region he starts from the basics.

Seriously, I'd rather Ash lose a good battle, then win a cheap one.

Blog Entries

First off, I'd like to say that I think Paul will be Ash's final opponent in the Unova League. :P

Having a rookie in the finals isn't too bothersome for me. Like others have said, Trip being in the finals would only be a good move on the writers' part if they can build this rivalry into something spectacular.

Remember how after Paul learned Ash defeated Brandon he started taking him more seriously? I feel like Trip will also begin respecting Ash as a worthy opponent somewhere down the line. If the rivalry continues this way, y'all are right - neither side will benefit because the struggle to win isn't a mutual feeling between the two opponents.

Trip can most definitely make it to the finals - his Pokémon have all been trained well from what we can see and he uses strategy. However, what motivates him to do what he does? Does he want to become a Pokémon master? Does he want to prove himself stronger than a sibling? Does he want to win just for the sake of winning? We currently don't know, so how can we get invested in his character if he has no background? Hopefully the writers can delve into it.

Blog Entries

If he gets that dragon and more evo's I think he will be in the finals.
    It would be great since Ash would win the league too.

Kagamine Revolution!!!! FullmetalSuicune's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don`t Trip -_- But, as a rival Trip has to battle Ash it what rivals do! They annoy the crap out of you and right when you reach the point when you a few steps away from the epic battle verus The champion your Rival has to annoy you and battle you before. NO AFFENCE TO TRIP FANS!!

It would be great since Ash would win the league too.
    You keep saying this, and yet have no proof this will happen.

Will Ash eventually defeat Trip in a battle? That seems obvious enough. Will it be in the finals? Let's see, when's the last time Ash defeated his head rival in the finals of a tournament? Never? That's what I thought. Judging by the post game quest in Black and White, I highly doubt they'll write Ash as the victor here and I especially don't believe they'd give his stock rival such a high position when none of his other rivals had that honor before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Rio View Post
    Will Ash eventually defeat Trip in a battle? That seems obvious enough. Will it be in the finals? Let's see, when's the last time Ash defeated his head rival in the finals of a tournament? Never?
    Both Dawn and Zoey got to their finals of their first tournament. Trip is a rookie that's being seriously overpowered for no good reason. A character like him getting into the finals while others like Gary/Paul don't is just the crazy thing the writers like to do.

The fact that we all know Ash would have won the Sinnoh league if not for legendaries says a lot. Since I can't see the writers repeating that stunt again, (seriously, will they create Tobias 2.0 and have Ash lose to 3 legends this time), I think Ash Vs. Trip in the finals is a given.

BW's faster pacing ensures they have a second arc of some form planned. I'd wager Cynthia's re-appearance in late BW will remind us of the Champion league Ash will enter.

That's what I thought. Judging by the post game quest in Black and White, I highly doubt they'll write Ash as the victor here and I especially don't believe they'd give his stock rival such a high position when none of his other rivals had that honor before.
    The Team Plasma story is already different in the anime with their skipped appearances and rivalry with TR. Any story with N is likely to be resolved before the 8th Gym like all villain teams are.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast