I wonder about Virgil's Eevee...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder about Virgil's Eevee...

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default I wonder about Virgil's Eevee...

So, while watching the episodes featuring Virgil, I had a thought. Well, more like a theory.

Virgil already has seven Eeveelutions as well as an unevolved Eevee. And recently, we were shown a new eighth Eeveelution, Sylveon. Could the writers be planning to have Virgil's Eevee evolve into a Sylveon later?

I think this would be SO awesome. I would write it like this: in a near future episode where Virgil reappears, his Eevee finally evolves because of some strange event that's never been known to evolve an Eevee before, and everybody eagerly awaits to see the result. It evolves into this cutesy Pokemon that Iris says looks absolutely adorable. But none of them knows what it is. It's pink and white with bows on its body and has big blue eyes. Ash tries to pull it up on his Pokedex, but it only says the species is unknown. So throughout the episode, the gang tries to figure out what this new Eeveelution is. But unfortunately, they don't have any luck at all. Virgil gets worried, because he can't use a Pokemon if he doesn't know a single thing about it other than that it exists. His new Pokemon is also sad, but knows it isn't Virgil's fault. The Pokemon disappears and tries on its own to find help so its trainer can get to know it again. But it gets in trouble with Team Rocket and Team Plasma (yes, both! The more action, the better!) and the gang has to rescue it. Team Rocket and Team Plasma both see that it's a rare and apparently newly discovered Pokemon and wish to examine it in case it would be useful to them.

However, while TR and the Plasma grunts fight over the new Pokemon at first, they eventually decide to call a temporary truce so they can get Ash and co. out of the way. The combined strength of TR and TP proves difficult for the heroes. Thankfully, a new character (that would be from X and Y's region) shows up and helps even the odds (the heroes were outnumbered pretty good due to the number of TP grunts present). After TR and TP are defeated, Virgil asks the new trainer if they know the identity of his mysterious new Pokemon. The trainer does know and reveals it to be Sylveon, an evolution of Eevee that was recently discovered in the region that he/she's from. The trainer explains all about Sylveon and mentions the name of the region it was discovered in (and a second new Eeveelution if one is revealed). Virgil thanks the trainer and both he and Sylveon are happy again. And we get a traditional episode ending of Ash and co. saying their farewell to Virgil once more.

I haven't seen all of the episodes that have been aired yet because I don't watch the Japanese ones, so if TR and TP have already been defeated for good or something, then replace them with some other antagonists in this idea.

But either way, I'd name this episode "An Eevee Mystery!" It's kind of a pun on "eerie mystery" but not really. lol

Default Re: I wonder about Virgil's Eevee...

You'd think that would happen. Heck, near the end of that episode Eevee flapped its ears somewhat suspiciously. Though that may just be random.

For all we know, the producers may've planned to have Virgil's Eevee evolve into a Slypheon sooner or later, then went "Ya know what? Screw it!" like they have a lot of things this saga...

He's probably not going to appear again. We already know virtually all the episodes in the next filler arc and he's not involved in any of them.

Couple this with the fact that NONE of the league rivals returned except for Richie, (Harrisson, Tyson, Tobias all never appeared again after the league) I doubt we'll see him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Things could be a little different this time around.
    The thing about that is that there (very likely) might not BE a this time around...

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    The thing about that is that there (very likely) might not BE a this time around...
    What do you mean by that?

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I think it's possible. They could have him appear again to showcase Eevee evolving into Sylveon, defeating Ash with his new Sylveon and then learning about how Sylveon are often found in the sixth generation region, Ash goes off to his new journey. I don't know how likely it is that they'll bring a League rival again, especially when they aren't interested in using any of the rival characters again, but they could use that as a means of promoting the new Eevee evolution and finding a way to make Ash go to the next region.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Read Fighting Misty's post. He summed it up nicely.

(though Hidden Mew makes a good point)

Add Kelleo on Facebook

And I said that you never know, things could be different this time and the writers might decide to bring back a league rival.

And yes, Hidden Mew makes a good point and it was exactly what I'd been thinking.

I don't think it's impossible per se for the writers to decide to bring back a league rival after the fact, but the fact that we've heard about what seems like most of DA already and there's no episode for Virgil to return in makes it seems unlikely.

All hail the Great Uniter Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I definitely think that might be possible. Maybe Satoshi will meet up with him again near the end of his time on the islands and see that his Eevee evolved in to Ninfia? Maybe the way to evolve it has something to do with something on the islands?

They're already doing the Pikachu short with the Eevees to promote it, but I would really enjoy it if they tied that in to what became of Virgil's Eevee, too, as an introduction in the anime.
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

all we know about da is the premise of the episodes other then that we know next to nothing about da so he could appear

Blog Entries

I pretty much don't know if Virgil is limited to Unova or not. Was there anything said to that effect? Regardless, having him pop up just to send Ash to the next region seems weak at best. I know Gary did the same at the end of AG, but Gary was a long established rival, this guy was only around for the end of the League saga. Besides, I don't find a battle between these two interesting at all. (then again, after the Unova League, I would demand Ash go back to Kanto and think long and hard about his life) I do find it odd that they had this guy with all the Eeveelutions and a plain Eevee and it was far before we knew anything about Sylveon. It might have had more to do with just wanting to play around with Eevee and it never really meant anything. Long story short, I do not think Virgil coming back is a good idea, not even to send Ash to the next region.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    all we know about da is the premise of the episodes other then that we know next to nothing about da so he could appear
    Him showing up in that episode about Evolution Stones would be fairly appropriate...

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I do find it odd that they had this guy with all the Eeveelutions and a plain Eevee and it was far before we knew anything about Sylveon. It might have had more to do with just wanting to play around with Eevee and it never really meant anything. Long story short, I do not think Virgil coming back is a good idea, not even to send Ash to the next region.
    True, Virgil and his Eevee team appeared before Sylveon was revealed, but then the writers could go "Oh, a new Eeveelution? And we created a recurring trainer with the first seven Eeveelutions plus an unevolved Eevee! Perfect!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast