How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League? - Page 8

View Poll Results: How would you like Ash to lose in the Unova League?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a long standing Rival(Bianca or Stephen)

7 9.59%
  • To Kotetsu and his Riolu(Lucario) or samurott

4 5.48%
  • To Virgil and his eevee rescue team

18 24.66%
  • To a Tobias-like rival(hopefully using that rumored Hydreigon)

9 12.33%
  • To nobody(Have Ash win the League for One)

25 34.25%
  • Other, please specify in post

10 13.70%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

Default Re: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I can't believe we're still debating this. When Ash beats Kotetsu he will be in the Top 8. The Ash Vs. Virgil match is for Top 4...if Ash loses, he'll get Top 4.
    You have no proof of that. Deal with it.

Blog Entries

There's not enough episodes to fit yet another round of COTDs.

Its been confirmed over at Serebii. Its also what all the users there believe.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

I personally believe there is no other option than to blindly follow progression. That is why I firmly predict that Ash will now lose to Virgil in the Top 4. Not saying that he will though at this point, im just saying that to me it is most likely. It is also my current desired outcome for the league at this point. The writers could go about this two ways.

They could have Ash battle a recurring COTD during the Axew gets lost episode which will be a quick montage battle just like his second league match then have Ash vs Stephen at the top 16 where Ash beats Stephan. Then Ash beats Kotetsu at the Top 8, only to lose to Virgil at the Top 4 so Virgil can inevitably win the league.

The other way is to montage a full battle with a recurring COTD which is way more unlikely than the first option after beating Stephan and/or Kotetsu. I mean Montaging a Full Battle would require that none but the final matchup to be showcased where it will be montaged as if it were a mere 1 on 1.

I'd be okay with either if it gets Ash to the Top 4, because aside from a few exemptions, I'm all about the Status Quo of Progression. It could make the least amount of sense but as long as Ash makes it to the top 4, i'll be happy. STATUS QUO OF PROGRESSION!!!! TERRA-FIRMA YO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Its been confirmed over at Serebii. Its also what all the users there believe.
    Good for them? There is no confirmation of there being a round with just COTD battles. Those users don't even seem to be aware of the fact that the recent episode established that the preliminaries were the first round.

I'm hoping that he places lower than the top 4, I don't want him to win with how he has been handled this gen.
    I'm hoping that N will interrupt the league though, I want something different from the boring and expected loss.

I think Virgil going to beat Ash because he is the last rival character to be introduced. This happen before, Gen I was Ritchie, Gen II was Harrison, Gen III was Tyson and Gen IV was Tobias.

What I want to see is:
    1. Ash going all out
    2. Ash using Primeape who has developed to be a B.A.
    3. Ash getting beat in the finals by his own dad.
    4. Ash realizes that he's not good enough and goes home after his father gives him a dragonite egg.
    5. Ash trains even harder in Kanto
    6. Ash competes in a new Kanto region
    7. After generation V there will be no generation VI
    8. Instead more evolutions and glitch pokemon will be added
    9. Ash grows to be a B.A. and beats the crap out of all his former rivals in the Indigo League
    10. Yes even that "Pika-bag" Tobias
    11. He wins but is shot or kidnapped
    12. Sequel series continues from perspective of Max.
    PWNED

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

^And maybe then you can invite me for ice-skating, for when, you know, hell freezes over.
    (Why do I get this strange feeling of Deja Vu?)

I would feel cheated if Ash lost to Virgil, since I even cared more about Shootie than him, I didn't care about Shootie at all.
    But it would be still better than if he lost to a CoTD, and leeeeeagues better than if he lost to Saibot, and I think its the actual best outcome for now, so, vote I did.

"This... is who I am!" itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow itsameluigi1290 On Twitter Add itsameluigi1290 on Facebook Add itsameluigi1290 on Google+ Add itsameluigi1290 on MySpace
    Add itsameluigi1290 on Linkedin Follow itsameluigi1290 on Tumblr

Personally, I'd like it if he ACTUALLY WON FOR ONCE. Seriously, he smokes everyone else he fights, but then this one guy at the end of the League pwns him.

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want Satoshi to win, but he doesn't really deserve it. He's given some Pokemon almost no training whatsoever, such as Kenhallow, Hahakomori, and Gantle. He's been surviving gym battles by using sudden evolutions to his advantage (though not all the time). He definitely shouldn't lose to a CotD, but it also doesn't seem right for him to lose to Kotetsu or Virgil, even if he lost to a Meowth back in Hoenn. I just voted for win, since I couldn't choose any other.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Master of Skarmory! Skarm-Flier's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Ash definitely isn't winning the Unova League, he'll most likely breeze past the first few rounds, then he'll end up beating Stephan/Bianca or someone in a very close match in the Quarter Finals and then he'll be beaten sick by a Tobias version 2.0 in the Semi-finals. OR, he could make it to the finals after beating BOTH Stephan and Bianca in the earlier rounds and then be owned by Tobias 2.0, just for the writers to troll us :D

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Skarm-Flier View Post
    Well, Ash definitely isn't winning the Unova League, he'll most likely breeze past the first few rounds, then he'll end up beating Stephan/Bianca or someone in a very close match in the Quarter Finals and then he'll be beaten sick by a Tobias version 2.0 in the Semi-finals. OR, he could make it to the finals after beating BOTH Stephan and Bianca in the earlier rounds and then be owned by Tobias 2.0, just for the writers to troll us :D
    Bianca lost in the second round to Kotetsu, and Ash is confirmed to go on to beat Stephan and Kotetsu.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

at this point any one but virgil. His team is created to sell toys and it is kinda lazy in my eyes doesn't take much thought to come up with. I don't like his design and I'm not a big fan of the rescue hero thing
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

To Virgil, admittedly I would've preferred that he lose to either Stephan or Bianca since we actually watched them develop over the past 2 years but since they're getting knocked out (and so is Kotetsu most likely) Ash might as well lose to a character we just met a couple episodes ago then some random league trainer.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast