How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League? - Page 4

View Poll Results: How would you like Ash to lose in the Unova League?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a long standing Rival(Bianca or Stephen)

7 9.59%
  • To Kotetsu and his Riolu(Lucario) or samurott

4 5.48%
  • To Virgil and his eevee rescue team

18 24.66%
  • To a Tobias-like rival(hopefully using that rumored Hydreigon)

9 12.33%
  • To nobody(Have Ash win the League for One)

25 34.25%
  • Other, please specify in post

10 13.70%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

As long as someone older and experienced.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think he's going to lose to Virgil, and from the sounds of things there probably isn't going to be any other rival after him.

I think the writers are well aware Ash's Unova team isn't as strong as they could be, so that's why they purposely made his rival competition weaker this time around. Trip's only threat was Serperior, and the others are all just of relatively average strength.

Kotetsu has some big guns, but its obviously played to give Ash a bit more of a challenge.

Virgil will be shown as strong no doubt, but it still does not make sense to me. Even if it is a 6 on 6, there would be 2 Eevee forms excluded nonetheless...making them look inferior. And that's assuming Eevee itself is not used...that would still exclude one of the others.

Which Eevee form would be the last one standing? Jolteon, Umbreon, Glaceon? There's no reason for the writers to glorify one over the other...it makes no sense...
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Even if it is a 6 on 6, there would be 2 Eevee forms excluded nonetheless...making them look inferior.
    We already know from the magazines that we're going to see Umbreon and Vaporeon in the earlier rounds. They can be excluded from the final battle without looking inferior at all.

Which Eevee form would be the last one standing? Jolteon, Umbreon, Glaceon? There's no reason for the writers to glorify one over the other...it makes no sense...
    It's almost certainly going to be Eevee, regardless of whether or not it evolves.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It's almost certainly going to be Eevee, regardless of whether or not it evolves.
    That seems even more unlikely than anything else.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

Oh please. The writers clearly emphasized Virgil's relationship with Eevee in the last episode, and Ash has his fair share of unevolved Pokémon that may face Eevee.

So what do you think is going to happen? That Virgil will use one of the Eeveelutions and lose? You just said that the writers have no reason to give special attention to any of them, and even if Virgil were to lose, the last Pokémon would still stand out.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i'm on the boat that says Eevee itself is the Pokemon that knocks Ash out of the competition. It will probably be Eevee vs. Pikachu in the end. Oh and don't forget the possiblilty of a long drawn out battle between those two could allow Virgil's Eevee to unleash a secret move. Either Last Resort or Flail which could be a devastating final blow to Pikachu especially if the writers take advantage of Eevee's special ability which is Adaptability which can power up it's normal type moves to some extent.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Oh please. The writers clearly emphasized Virgil's relationship with Eevee in the last episode, and Ash has his fair share of unevolved Pokémon that may face Eevee.

So what do you think is going to happen? That Virgil will use one of the Eeveelutions and lose? You just said that the writers have no reason to give special attention to any of them, and even if Virgil were to lose, the last Pokémon would still stand out.
    Personally, I think Ash losing to an Eevee, especially the base form of Eevee, would be pathetic, I mean, I can believe Ash losing to Kotetsu's Hydreigon, or Trip's (overpowered) Serperior, but an EEVEE!? I mean, they would have to do only one thing with it if it actually were to win, and that is evolve Eevee to a Gen 6 evolution in order to promote the upcoming Gen 6 games, they did that with Harrison's Blaziken, and it's really the only way I can see it working out.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Personally, I think Ash losing to an Eevee, especially the base form of Eevee, would be pathetic, I mean, I can believe Ash losing to Kotetsu's Hydreigon, or Trip's (overpowered) Serperior, but an EEVEE!? I mean, they would have to do only one thing with it if it actually were to win, and that is evolve Eevee to a Gen 6 evolution in order to promote the upcoming Gen 6 games, they did that with Harrison's Blaziken, and it's really the only way I can see it working out.
    I think it would be boring if Eevee won without evolving, but I certainly wouldn't call it ridiculous given the show's track record. There is nothing preventing Pikachu (or Oshawott for that matter) from losing to Eevee or any unevolved Pokémon that may come its way in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Five-Gate Omega
    Either Last Resort or Flail which could be a devastating final blow to Pikachu especially if the writers take advantage of Eevee's special ability which is Adaptability which can power up it's normal type moves to some extent.
    Eevee will definitely have to learn a new move to replace Helping Hand with, unless the format of the fifth round somehow ends up being a 6VS6 double battle. If it does evolve, I think that the evolution will be triggered by a Generation VI move with some twist to it. Since Eevee works so closely with the Eeveelutions, it would be appropriate if it learned a move that would allow it to borrow its teammates' powers.
    Hidden Mew and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Blog Entries

A team of Pikachu, SNivy, MIjumaru, Scraggy, Pignite, and Unfezant would not fare very well vs Virgil. I'm reasonably sure the 1st five are guaranteed a slot in the battle.

Blog Entries

To those who think that Ash doesn't deserve to win because of the power down I'd like to point out by doing that you are VALIDATING THE POWER DOWN. The power down deserves no respect so it does not deserve to be a factor in your thought process. I hate the his lack of cleverness so it should be ignored when considering what should be done. Based on his previous league performances he obviously is strong enough to win a league. Virgil nor Kotetsu are cool enough to beat Ash in my book. I'd what him to fight Tobias again and do better a win a future league like a return to Kanto or something
    Pika25 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Follow Pika25 On Twitter
    Visit Pika25's Youtube Channel

My vote is in favor of the league championship going to Ash. I have a feeling that his Unova team is more than capable of winning the league. Especially since there's a lot of good Mons in that team, like that Sunglasses Krookodile, a Pignite that may evolve to Emboar at some point in the league, and (of course!) his Pikachu. There's a lot of good trainers in the league (Trip, Kotetsu, Virgil, etc.), but even their teams do not easily beat Ash's.
    Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon.
    Go Pikachu!

I still think we should wait till the next series for Ash to win the league, yes his Pokemon are powerful but we needed to see more training on screen and fights for them but they'll get tons of wins in at least before they leave and get oaked. I'd honestly love it if they gave us a shocker, moved Ash up and beat all the rivals that was introduced to us now and than have some powerful trainer come in and beat Ash, think that'd be pretty cool and him moving up more would be epic!
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    I'd honestly love it if they gave us a shocker, moved Ash up and beat all the rivals that was introduced to us now and than have some powerful trainer come in and beat Ash, think that'd be pretty cool and him moving up more would be epic!
    As very unlikelly as this would be to happen here, I would jump for joy if this happened. Honestly a shocker indeed if Ash somehow managed to beat both Kotetsu and Virgil only to lose to some random yet strong COTD, possibly a chick who ended up winning the whole thing afterwards.

Well, given the trends so far, he'll probably make it as far as the semis and be beaten out to a COTD, probably with either übers or pokémon fron the 6th region. It would be just perfect though if he loses to Kotetsu in the finals when his Riolu evolves in perfect time to launch a killer Aura Sphere on Boldore (the only one on his team I think weak to fighting moves).
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ルカリオ View Post
    Well, given the trends so far, he'll probably make it as far as the semis and be beaten out to a COTD, probably with either übers or pokémon fron the 6th region. It would be just perfect though if he loses to Kotetsu in the finals when his Riolu evolves in perfect time to launch a killer Aura Sphere on Boldore (the only one on his team I think weak to fighting moves).
    So are Krookodile and Scraggy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast