How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League? - Page 3

View Poll Results: How would you like Ash to lose in the Unova League?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a long standing Rival(Bianca or Stephen)

7 9.59%
  • To Kotetsu and his Riolu(Lucario) or samurott

4 5.48%
  • To Virgil and his eevee rescue team

18 24.66%
  • To a Tobias-like rival(hopefully using that rumored Hydreigon)

9 12.33%
  • To nobody(Have Ash win the League for One)

25 34.25%
  • Other, please specify in post

10 13.70%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

Default Re: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

I mean when we look back at this league years from now, are we going to say, "Hey remember that league when Ash lost to a Leafeon as his final opponent? Haha."
    Do you mean like the way we say " Hey, remember that league where Ash lost to a Meowth dressed as a fairytale character? Haha"

This one will be more along the lines of " Hey remember that league where Ash lost to an Eevee as his final opponent?" But instead of saying haha we'll just get depressed, even though the majority of fans predicted that outcome.

With the revelation that Kotetsu has a freaking Hydreigon (nice curve ball writers), it is possible that Ash loses to him. Although he has several pokemon that can beat it, mainly Krookodile, and we've seen Pikachu take down strong pokes time and time again. But im picking ash to win, because I think the Kotetsu battle will be a 3 v 3 (educated guess), which would still leave Unova pokes not getting a battle yet, so they can début against Virgil. Ash then loses to Eevee, giving him a top 16 spot, provided they don't have rushed battles against Cotd's, and I would be pleased with a top 16 spot looking at Ash's team

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like to see ash get defeated by the one and only YOUNGSTER JOEY and his RATTATA!
    martianmister likes this.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Who cares if they've given that Kotetsu kid the Iris treatment by giving him a Hydreigon? Ash got past Iris's Dragonite so he can get past that Hydreigon too.

I'd much rather he lose to Virgil though it would be a little old to have him lose to Eevee considering the face that Gary did that before, just not in a league. My guess is that Ash's Pikachu is his last one left after beating one of the Eeveelutions, preferebly Vaporeon. Virgil would then bring out a Dragon-type Eeveelution and win.
    Sure, it seem like a long shot but a guy's gotta dream.

As for his position in the league, I'll be fine with at least Top 8.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

If anything, as much as I dislike the move from the writers on giving Kotetsu a Hydreigon, having Ash lose to a Hydreigon is FAR better than having him lose to what is probably the most overrated Pokemon in existence (in other words, Eevee), and definitely better (albeit to a lesser extent than Eevee) than having him lose to a legendary, that's for sure...

Because if anything, having Ash loose to an Eevee, ESPECIALLY the base form of Eevee, would be rather pathetic.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Its pretty obvious there is also no new 6th gen Eevee form debuting, this whole promotion is just to whore out all the established Eevee pokemon for kids.
    That is hardly obvious. Ash won't battle Virgil until January; there is still time for a new evolution to be introduced alongside the potential announcement of Generation VI next month. Even if this promotion is really just about Eevee and the current Eeveelutions, that should still be enough incentive for the writers to have Virgil win. After all, they made him Ash's last opponent for a reason.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Its pretty obvious there is also no new 6th gen Eevee form debuting, this whole promotion is just to whore out all the established Eevee pokemon for kids.
    That is hardly obvious. Ash won't battle Virgil until January; there is still time for a new evolution to be introduced alongside the potential announcement of Generation VI next month. Even if this promotion is really just about Eevee and the current Eeveelutions, that should still be enough incentive for the writers to have Virgil win. After all, they made him Ash's last opponent for a reason.
    It's only less than a month before the next CoroCoro issue comes out, and besides, Junichi Masuda is planned to make a major announcement next month, which might be the revealing of [the shadows] of a new Eeveelution or two, and possibly the new Gen 6 games, so pretty much anything is possible at this point.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    and besides, Junichi Masuda is planned to make a major announcement next month,.
    Where did you read about that? Are you sure you're not thinking of the Pokémon Company attending Jump Festa?

Moe
    Blog Entries

No one noticed the fact you could catch Eevee in the wild and that the full set are part of the new Unova Pokedex? Virgil is B2W2 promotion, not Gen VI.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    No one noticed the fact you could catch Eevee in the wild and that the full set are part of the new Unova Pokedex? Virgil is B2W2 promotion, not Gen VI.
    Eevee was obtainable in Platinum and HGSS, and yet it wasn't promoted in the anime to anywhere this extent. I'd understand your argument if you were talking about Riolu, but Team Eevee are a different matter. Plus, the if writers had cared all that much about the new Unova Pokédex, they wouldn't have given Iris a Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Junichi Masuda is planned to make a major announcement next month
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    BW2 came out months ago though. It's a bit late for this to be considered a promotion of them.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post

BW2 came out months ago though. It's a bit late for this to be considered a promotion of them.
    What does that have to do with anything, its the current game. Emerald came out in Japan in 2005 and we didn't even see the Frontier Brains covered for months later.

What does that have to do with anything, its the current game. Emerald came out in Japan in 2005 and we didn't even see the Frontier Brains covered for months later.
    The Battle Frontier arc was just way to pass the time until Gen IV was ready. This current Eevee promotion is mostly about pushing generic merchandise from what I can tell, and as was already mentioned is happening months after the buzz over BW2 ended. If it was truly a BW2 promotion, it should have happened earlier this year when they kept showing Eevee being encountered in gameplay footage.
    Last edited by Zistal; 20th November 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: How the hell could I forget Emerald came out in 2004?
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    The Battle Frontier arc began just a month after Emerald came out and was a way to pass the time until Gen IV was ready.
    Actually, it began nine month after Emerald's release. But I agree that the writers cared more about passing the time than about promoting Emerald or FRLG.

If it was truly a BW2 promotion, it should have happened earlier this year when they kept showing Eevee being encountered in gameplay footage.
    Indeed. Season 2 has featured few old Pokémon so far, and there doesn't seem to be a correlation with the new Unova Pokédex. The only old Pokémon properly featured in the first few episodes of the season were Dawn's Pokémon and Dragonite, which aren't really related to B2W2. More recently, Riolu and Team Eevee have been the only old Pokémon with decent screentime that can be associated with B2W2, but who's to say that they wouldn't be appearing anyway?
    Last edited by Silktree; 20th November 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Actually, it began nine month after Emerald's release.
    Ow, how did I mix up 2004 and 2005? *facepalm*

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

I don't think Virgil is B2W2 promotion, as it came out in Japan 5 months ago, and most people in Japan own B2 or W2 or both.

Though, if Ash defeats Hydregion, I think he'll lose to Eevee.

Or an eeveelution.

Or, N! He has a legendary, and defeats Ash on the Top 2.

THEND.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast