How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How would you like Ash to lose in the Unova League?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a long standing Rival(Bianca or Stephen)

7 9.59%
  • To Kotetsu and his Riolu(Lucario) or samurott

4 5.48%
  • To Virgil and his eevee rescue team

18 24.66%
  • To a Tobias-like rival(hopefully using that rumored Hydreigon)

9 12.33%
  • To nobody(Have Ash win the League for One)

25 34.25%
  • Other, please specify in post

10 13.70%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

Default Re: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

I would like for N to hijack the League and stomp him with Reshiram/Zekrom.

I expect it will be Virgil and his Eeveelutions that will do it, however...

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I'd accept just about any established rival up to this point, and it probably will just be Virgil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    I think I'd accept just about any established rival up to this point, and it probably will just be Virgil.
    Given the recent information about Ash battling Stephan and Kotetsu next month, it has to be Virgil if Ash is going to lose to an established rival, which is the most likely scenario.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Even though I know it isn't going to happen, N appearing out of nowhere to defeat Ash would be pretty awesome, mainly because I just like N and would love to see him make an appearance like that. Seeing him lose to a Lucario would be pretty awesome too since that's my favorite Pokemon, but that's probably not going happen either. I still generally like Ash, but nothing about his journey through Unova makes me want to see him win it or even think it could happen in a believable way. Though, I expect that he'll just lose to Virgil and his Eevee evolution team since he definitely fits the role of being the trainer Ash runs into before or during the League that ultimately defeats him.
    Shinneth likes this.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is how I want Ash to lose

The final matchup in the Unova League, it's Pikachu vs Eevee. Eevee is exhausted, and about to fall to the ground. Suddenly it starts glowing. OH MY GOD, IT'S EVOLVING! Eevee finishes evolving, and Ash scans it with his Pokédex:

Trolleon: the Trollface Pokémon. As Eevee Trolleon are pathetic, but, once they evolve, especially in gym battles, they are invincible. After this battle they usually become sidelined and, when sent out again in 40-50 episodes time, are weak and pathetic.

Trollleon uses it's newly learnt Hyper Beam on Pikachu and defeats it.

That is how we get a good League final.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I really wanted a Tobias 2.0 Mystery Trainer to knock Ash out of the Unova League, the most recent reveal of episode titles have confirmed that no such trainer will appear here. In any case Ash is still way more likely to lose to Virgil than Kotetsu, even though Kotetsu owns a Psuedo-Legend.

Moe
    Blog Entries

At this point, he can lose in anyway but to Kotetsu and I'll be happy. The only good that giving him a Hydreigon does is to give me a reason to actually want Ash to win one of the battles in this league - otherwise my general view that Ash hasn't trained his Pokemon or developed battle strategies in Unova means he is in no way deserving of winning the league.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

I never actually watched any BW episodes but I'll give it a try.

What if Ash got a tie with some random guy then just loses in the tie breaker round? It's either that or he loses to someone like Richie.

Or what if he manages to win this time?

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Unlike the previous leagues, I actually WANT Ash to lose this league. I don't think this incarnation of Ash deserves to win, and for many reasons:

1. Many of his Pokemon are overpowered, and most of them haven't even evolved at all for whatever reason (like his Oshawott for instance)
    2. He hasn't used his head for any of the battles in BW, and has relied instead on sheer luck and "determination" (the aformentioned overpowered Pokemon) as opposed to using strategies to win his battles
    3. Half of his Unova badges were won by Deus ex Machinas and cheap-shots, rather than actually earning them legitimately.

If anything, I rather not have them pull a Tobias on us, especially with Virgil by having Ash loose to an Eevee of all things, instead, I think Ash should win against Virgil, and then lose to the next trainer up, which I think may be someone like N in a surprise appearance, that's what I personally prefer, but sadly, I can only dream that would happen.

Regardless, Virgil winning against Ash with Eevee is mainly an excuse for them to sell Eevee products, like the currently ongoing Eevee promotion that's going on at the moment, I mean, with Virgil being announced as being an entrant in the league before his debut episode premiered, as well as the fact that he just HAPPENS to have an all-Eeveelution team, alongside Nintendo having a promotion for Eevee related products, you can basically see Virgil's victory against Ash from further away than you can see Beijing from San Francisco's Chinatown. What's more is that with this being the League, it's an obvious sign that they are trying to introduce a new Eevee evolution or two for Gen 6, and have Ash lose to the new Eeveelution, because after all, having Ash win against a Next-Gen Pokemon before the generation is released would make the new Gen 6 Pokemon look bad, wouldn't it, like they did with Harrison's Blaziken back in the Johto league, which they made Ash lose to simply to promote Gen 3.

This is what I think they are trying to do here is this: Promote Eevee products, introduce a Gen 6 Eeveelution, and have Ash lose to aforementioned Eeveelution in order to sell products and get to Gen 6 faster. That's what it seems like to me...
    SammyW27 likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

From what they've given us, I have to say Virgil. He could still lose to the Riolu kid, but I've never known them to introduce a rival for the league at the last second and not have Ash battle him. Then again, there was this whole "new rival" business, and Virgil doesn't seem poised to take that role, unless he is free to go around and do a challenge alongside Ash, which I honestly don't know. I'd hate for the kid to get it because that means we've officially gone back to Kanto and we still can't beat flipping Richie, except it's worse because this guy is stupid. Honestly, one is a less bitter pill to swallow, but they've crushed everything else, why not this.
    Shinneth likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

How would I like Ash to lose the league? What kind of question is this. I wouldn't like for him to lose but I'm leaning more towards Kotetsu more because of the Pokemon he has. Better than having Ash be beaten by an Eevee and the rest of it's elemental clones.

I figure this is might go like this:

Oshawott vs Flareon but in Ash's case Oshawott vs Vaporeon
    Snivy vs Vaporeon but in Ash's case Sinvy vs Umbreaon
    Pignite vs Glaceon
    Unfrezant vs Espeon
    Leavanny vs Leafeon
    Pikachu vs Jolteon or maybe in Ash's case Pikachu vs Eevee. I really won't be surprised either way.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

C-3

By using Oshawott as his last Pokemon.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post
    This is how I want Ash to lose

The final matchup in the Unova League, it's Pikachu vs Eevee. Eevee is exhausted, and about to fall to the ground. Suddenly it starts glowing. OH MY GOD, IT'S EVOLVING! Eevee finishes evolving, and Ash scans it with his Pokédex:

Trolleon: the Trollface Pokémon. As Eevee Trolleon are pathetic, but, once they evolve, especially in gym battles, they are invincible. After this battle they usually become sidelined and, when sent out again in 40-50 episodes time, are weak and pathetic.

Trollleon uses it's newly learnt Hyper Beam on Pikachu and defeats it.

That is how we get a good League final.
    That would be downright fitting, as that describes how Ash won many of his major battles this series

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash's Unova team isn't great but if it can beat Kotetsu I don't see why Eevee forms would be a problem.

For one thing even though Virgil will be a 6 on 6, he can't use every single Eevee form. That means the writers have to exclude some and also have to choose who will be the "last one standing" to defeat Ash with. There is no "alpha" Pokemon that is shown to be better than the others.

I mean when we look back at this league years from now, are we going to say, "Hey remember that league when Ash lost to a Leafeon as his final opponent? Haha."

Its pretty obvious there is also no new 6th gen Eevee form debuting, this whole promotion is just to whore out all the established Eevee pokemon for kids.
    Phoenixphlare likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast