How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

View Poll Results: How would you like Ash to lose in the Unova League?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a long standing Rival(Bianca or Stephen)

7 9.59%
  • To Kotetsu and his Riolu(Lucario) or samurott

4 5.48%
  • To Virgil and his eevee rescue team

18 24.66%
  • To a Tobias-like rival(hopefully using that rumored Hydreigon)

9 12.33%
  • To nobody(Have Ash win the League for One)

25 34.25%
  • Other, please specify in post

10 13.70%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

If there is a topic like this, then Mods please lock.close this thread and point me to the right one for I couldn't find one using the search function. Anyway, i'll give you guys several answer choices to the question and you select them. The question:How would you like Ash to lose the Unova or whether or not at all? So here goes the choices are...

a)to one of his long-term rivals (Bianca or Stephen)
    b)to Kotetsu and his Riolu(Lucario) or Samurott
    c)to Virgil and his Eeveelution Rescue Team
    d)To a Tobias-like trainer in the league(Hopefully Using the Hydreigon rumored to be in the League)
    e)For Ash to win the Unova League
    f)Other,Please Specify in post

So here goes. Im all for having a Tobias-like rival beat Ash with a Powerful Pokemon or two, especially more than ever since Hydreion is supposedly to be in the league so with Hydreigon being Ash's main problem when battling this Tobias 2.0.

Default Re: How would you like Ash to lose the Unova League?

I don't think it's time for Ash to win a league quite yet... Honestly, I'd be okay with a Tobias 2.0 as long as they built up to him during the league like they did with Tobias. But seeing Kotetsu or Virgil beat him would be fine, too... Hmm.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Cheren or Hugh will appear as a league only rival to pwn him
    The Immortal Femme Fatale of Doom

Blog Entries

Genesect

Or virgil either one

Other:

I don't care who beats him just as long as he's kicked out ASAP!

This incarnation of Ash does NOT deserve to advance very far. Heck, over half those badges were won by BS deus ex machinas/cheapshots. I don't care that he's the star character, bullshit is still bullshit (especially compared to how he USED to be )

I'll be rooting for almost anyone to beat him (GOOOO Lucario! )
    Last edited by SammyW27; 19th November 2012 at 10:28 PM.

Good Luck Killing Me Enzap's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I don't want to see another Tobias for sure, but for the first time I actually want Ash to lose. As a couple other people have mentioned, he just doesn't deserve it this time. He hasn't used his head for a single battle and has relied on sheer luck and "determination" (aka overpowered Pokemon that refuse to evolve for whatever reason.) I want to see him get thrashed by someone who actually uses some strategy, or at least non-ubers. This is why I liked Harrison from the Silver Conference. He used a great mix of Pokemon, some with power like Blaziken and some with unique fighting styles like Kecleon. He didn't just rely on 1HKOs or luck. A character like that actually deserves to win, at least in my eyes.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I really want to see Ash win this time. But if he had to lose, I would like to see something hilariously awful, like another Tobias incident. I know the loss will be unpleasant, I might as well get a good laugh from it.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it would be nice to see Ash win for once. It would be a nice change of pace and people would be happy that he finally won one. However, if he were to lose, I would love to see it in the most humiliating way possible, perhaps to some random person who nobody knows yet.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherLeafeon View Post
    However, if he were to lose, I would love to see it in the most humiliating way possible, perhaps to some random person who nobody knows yet.
    Hell, that would be karma!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Ash did lose in this Unova League, I would have wanted him to battle legendary pokemon like he had during the Sinnoh League. I would have wanted the Kami pokemon and/or the Swords of Justice to be featured in the Unova League to defeat Ash, but the writers seem to have a different outcome in mind.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Shinneth on Facebook

I would like to see Bianca beat him, but that's mostly because Bianca was my dark horse pick to win since she's the only character in the League that I actually give a damn about. I honestly don't care who ends up beating Ash since his best moment will be booting Trip out of the League early and that's all I need to see from him. Of all the Leagues we've had up to this point, I honestly think Ash deserves to win this one the least. For the first time I actively want to see Ash fail this League and at best only get a Top 16 ranking, preferably worse, but this series wouldn't dare make a move that makes sense given how BW Ash's Pokemon AND battle technique have royally sucked ass compared to past series.

Bear in mind that I normally really like Ash as a character. That I actually want him to fuck up badly in the League means BW has really fucked up his character, to the point where it REALLY isn't gonna feel right if Ash gets a Top 4 or better this time around. Better to leave that to, if not Bianca, another iteration of Tobias.

Or Virgil. Unless that's who our Tobias 2.0 already is.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

What if virgil cleans Ash's clock with eevee? That would be worse humiliation than any legendary.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

i want him to win BUT if he loses then at least make it vs tobia 2.0 or better yet tobias himself

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

I'd like him to win and I think he can.

I'll admit, his team and overall style pales in comparison to that of DP. However, he could have won the Hoenn League if Pikachu could have stood up for a few more seconds..he was literally that close to winning it. (Because the guy he BARELY lost to was the guy that won the whole thing.) My point is, please someone tell me how his Hoenn team (mind you he only used the same 6 including pikachu), is any better than his Unova team. I don't think they are. Pretty sure Glalie beating a Charizard was "unjust", but it happened. I think his Unova team is very capable of winning the Unova League. Given there is no random Tobias 2.0. The competition we have seen so far is underwhelming, to me. He's perfectly deserving of winning this League. He may not be as good as he was in DP, but again, he wasn't in Hoenn either but he almost won there.

Underwhelming might be pushing it..but my point is no one stands out as being a "sure thing loss" for Ash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon19 View Post
    I'd like him to win and I think he can.

I'll admit, his team and overall style pales in comparison to that of DP. However, he could have won the Hoenn League if Pikachu could have stood up for a few more seconds..he was literally that close to winning it. (Because the guy he BARELY lost to was the guy that won the whole thing.) My point is, please someone tell me how his Hoenn team (mind you he only used the same 6 including pikachu), is any better than his Unova team. I don't think they are. Pretty sure Glalie beating a Charizard was "unjust", but it happened. I think his Unova team is very capable of winning the Unova League. Given there is no random Tobias 2.0. The competition we have seen so far is underwhelming, to me. He's perfectly deserving of winning this League. He may not be as good as he was in DP, but again, he wasn't in Hoenn either but he almost won there.

Underwhelming might be pushing it..but my point is no one stands out as being a "sure thing loss" for Ash.
    His hoenn league challenge was full of random BS. The saving grace was that at least all pokemon got decent screentime.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast