How would the anime be different if Ash got Clefairy? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How would the anime be different if Ash got Clefairy?

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default Re: How would the anime be different if Ash got Clefairy?

Everything would be different. Gags including characters or bikes getting shocked would no longer exist, unless Clefairy would also know electric-type moves or randomly metronome electric attacks a lot. In fact anything that involves electricity would probably be non-existent or taken over by another Pokémon.

A lot of gym battles would have been different. Lt. Surge's for one thing would have been totally different unless Ash were to catch another Pikachu later. And speaking of Surge's battle, I wonder if there would be some situation in which his Clefairy would refuse a Moon Stone to prevent it's evolution.

As for marketing, I do think that Clefairy may or may not have been as popular with young boys unless they gave it a good personality that would appeal to them. Maybe, and hopefully, not like the Pocket Monsters manga Clefairy. In fact maybe it could have Pikachu's personality and still appeal to young boys. But I'm glad we got Pikachu since I just find it more marketable to both genders.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Do you really think Clefairy looks as badass as Pikachu? Both look like plush toys, but Clefairy's also got a cute curls and little wing things.
    And Pikachu's got Raggedy Ann-style red cheeks.

Honestly? I think that Jigglypuff looks more badass than the both of them when he's angry - curled quiff, pinkness and all. :p

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Do you really think Clefairy looks as badass as Pikachu? Both look like plush toys, but Clefairy's also got a cute curls and little wing things.
    And Pikachu's got Raggedy Ann-style red cheeks.

Honestly? I think that Jigglypuff looks more badass than the both of them when he's angry - curled quiff, pinkness and all. :p
    Haha, yeah, but somehow Pikachu still looks more neutral to me. Haahahahaa, I actually thought that was adorable when I was 6, at the time Jigglypuff was one of my favorites because of it :P
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Boys don't naturally direct their attention to things that are considered masculine, nor do girls direct their attention to things that are considered feminine, but I'm sore someone has a dubious study about how I'm actually wrong, that boys do naturally like cars and girls dolls. But anyway, these schemas are the cause of upbringing and society. Girls are raised as girls and boys are raised as boys, and they are made to believe that these things are for girls, these things are for boys.

I don't think having a Clefairy would hurt the anime that much, especially since it would have a personality that doesn't reflect it's '' cute '' appearance. If Ash did get Clefairy, the anime would've been far more comedic, I believe, which for some might be horrible, but for some great. Plus the fact that we would have gotten used to the fact that Ash would be with a Clefairy, so it wouldn't seem as confusing as it does now that Ash has been travelling with Pikachu for years and years.
    martianmister likes this.
    illust by x

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

*coughs* He'd be Isamu Akai *coughs*.
    FANG-TAN likes this.

In every way possible. Every speck of Pokemon marketing everywhere would be different. Heck, even Pokemon Yellow wouldn't exist. Not saying it would be any better or worse, just different.

Perhaps Pikachu would've remained chubby and Clefairy would've lost weight. c:

Smile~

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    Heck, even Pokemon Yellow wouldn't exist.
    It might have actually been Pokémon White instead. XD

Blog Entries
    Follow Chime Nume On Twitter Add Chime Nume on Facebook Add Chime Nume on Google+
    Follow Chime Nume on Tumblr Visit Chime Nume's Youtube Channel

Well, the series wouldn't be much different except that Pikachu wouldn't be his starter. That's what every one else has said in here. To be honest, Pikachu does indeed get both genders into Pokemon...while Clefairy only gets the girls in. Battles would be really different, ha ha ha, and Team Rocket would have no reason to want to steal a Clefairy unless its Metronome is always hurling out really powerful moves. Honestly, it wouldn't be all that different since Clefairy isn't all that bad, ha ha ha, but when you think about it, without Pikachu the anime would be pretty boring and I even hate to admit that.

Ever Grande City. The most amazing forum on the internet! Come on down and join EGC today!
    Banner made by me.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do you mean if he obtained Clefairy instead of Pikachu? Well Clefairy would be overpowered and overused, stealing screen time and being in every season of the series.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

The move Volt Tackle wouldn't exist, but we'd have some Normal type variant only the Clefairy line could learn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    The move Volt Tackle wouldn't exist, but we'd have some Normal type variant only the Clefairy line could learn.
    ... Double Edge?

Well, for one it would sort of give Jessie, James, and Meowth a valid reason for wanting to steal 1 10 year old's pokemon....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12