How Will TPCi Properly Release "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade"?

Thread: How Will TPCi Properly Release "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade"?

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Default How Will TPCi Properly Release "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade"?

So, M15, Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice, was released yesterday and for some reason, the "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade" was not included with it. This seems very strange since this short was made to go along with the movie since it's shorter compared to the other movies.

This short was made available through the Pokémon TV app and the official Pokémon site from February 15, 2013 to March 24, 2013, but can this honestly be considered a proper release? Why go to the trouble of dubbing the short if it was just going to be made free to view? It could of easily have been included onto the DVD as a special feature (They even did this in the Japanese release), so I don't understand why they didn't with this.

Is TPCi planning on releasing this short on it's own or was this just meant to promote the Pokémon TV app?

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Default Re: How Will TPCi Properly Release "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade"?

If it wasn't on the DVD, I doubt they'll release it 'officially'. The app hadn't come out all that long ago, and they were using the Meloetta short to promote it, because I think it was available on the app before it was on the site?

Blog Entries

No, the app is just a mobile port of the Pokemon TV service on the site. When something goes up on the site, it's on the app at the same time and vice-versa.

It does seem a little strange to just dub it for the site and not include it on the DVD (it happened with the international DVD releases of the movie, too) - but aside from the Pokemon ranger promo short, this is the first extra thing TPCi's dubbed in over 6 years. Perhaps by the time it was dubbed, Viz had already started printing the DVDs.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

They even recorded a song for the short, I Wanna Dance, which only makes it stranger why they would go through all the trouble of dubbing a song just for it to be online-exclusive.