How will Tierno, Trevor and Shauna be handled in the anime? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How will Tierno, Trevor and Shauna be handled in the anime?

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How will Tierno, Trevor and Shauna be handled in the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    without radically changing their personalities and goals.
    Well, it's not like the anime hasn't done that before. :P
    So they might as well just make characters from scratch and save us all from hearing "they ruined the characters!" or "they're not like that in the games!".

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

They could probably be recurring characters that are friends of Serena's, though maybe they won't appear at all. If they do appear it would be really cool if they are all in the same episode.

There could also be COTDs based off of their personalities for an episode, instead of them actually appearing.

Tierno is the one I'd really like to see make an appearance. The lack of a dance sidequest akin to Contests in XY makes his hobby/goal pretty pointless. We see Serena going to gyms and being your rival, we see Trevor is doing the Pokedex and making comparisons to you, and we see Shauna going around making memories or whatever at stuff like the fireworks. But Tierno just keeps mentioning dancing with nothing to show for it. I'd like to see at least a one-shot filler so we can actually see his Pokemon in motion dancing, or him be a recurring character who is more of a battler than in-game but used a dance them to it. Maybe as a friendly rival like Stephan.

Trevor I really can't see working without radically warping his in-game goal. There is no Pokedex quest in the show, since the Pokedex entries are made by professors actually studying Pokemon rather than it automatically filling it out by itself. Shauna doesn't have a goal, so she could be a recurring character that sometimes travels with Ash and company, like Bianca was, just for fun.
    Last edited by Pikafanboy; 23rd October 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafanboy View Post
    Serena doesn't have a goal, so she could be a recurring character that sometimes travels with Ash and company, like Bianca was, just for fun.
    Serena is confirmed to be a main character.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Serena doesn't have a goal, so she could be a recurring character that sometimes travels with Ash and company, like Bianca was, just for fun.
    Serena is confirmed to be a main character.
    Typos through my post. I meant Shauna where I said "making memories" and "doesn't have a goal". That was a real fail post on my part. I edited it now.

Trevor I really can't see working without radically warping his in-game goal. There is no Pokedex quest in the show, since the Pokedex entries are made by professors actually studying Pokemon rather than it automatically filling it out by itself.
    Actually, that could be easily changed to something like him wanting to see all the Pokemon in the Pokedex for himself. Ash has actually expressed a similar desire before (most recently in the Sawsbuck photography episode, I think), so this would even give them a reason to get along well.

Blog Entries

I think one of them may end up to be the Lumiose City Gym Leader. More specifically I think Trevor is going to be the Gym Leader. In the game Clemont is the Leader using Electric type Pokemon, however Clemont doesn't appear to be the Gym Leader in the anime, mainly because I don't think Bonnie would be able to keep the secret. In the game Trevor uses a Pikachu, and Electric type, and is roughly the same age as Clemont.
    This would set-up an interesting battle, in my opinion, Pikachu vs. Pikachu.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I hope all three of them make an appearance. It is likely that they will, since they know Serena pretty well. They might be COTDs, but still...

I'm wondering if Calem has any hopes of appearing at all.

I can see a fun episode where we see a dance contest featuring Tierno.

This is it. Korra's curtain call.
    My Tumblr

I can see Trevor popping up as an excuse to bring in Mega-Aerodactyl...
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

hopefully better than in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    We can only hope...

Though as for Shauna, I wonder if she'd be a rival of Serena's in Rhyhorn Racing (which I still think has potential).

This is it. Korra's curtain call.
    My Tumblr

I doubt it. The anime has never stuck 100% to game teams, usually keeping the most important members (starters and such) and then improvising. Aerodactyl was just some random team member we only saw once on Trevor, so there's no real reason for it to be associated with him.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I doubt it. The anime has never stuck 100% to game teams, usually keeping the most important members (starters and such) and then improvising. Aerodactyl was just some random team member we only saw once on Trevor, so there's no real reason for it to be associated with him.
    They could always show him acquiring Aerodactyl ya know.

I just don't see why not. X&Y has a character with a Aerodactyl. They'll more than likely want to throw in its mega-evolution. Two birds, one Mega Stone.

I just think and feel like they need to avoid the (huge) mistakes they made with BW and make good use of everything this Generation has to offer if they can. To me that was BW's biggest failure: Gen 5 gave them oh-so much to work with and yet elements were underused, misused, or not used at all. Even with the banned 2-parter they had enough to work with, but just didn't use it right. Surely I'm not the only person annoyed at how they had the plot bend over backwards to bring in stuff from the Sequel Games...and then barely did anything with it

Not having the XY rivals appear would be foolish. Not giving one a mega-evolable Pokémon when he has one in the games would be stupid.

There. I said my piece.
    Last edited by SammyW27; 6th November 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12