How will Team Rocket be handled in XY?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will Team Rocket be handled in XY?

Default How will Team Rocket be handled in XY?

ORIGINAL TITLE: What's the worst thing they can do with Team Rocket in XY, that they haven't already done?

I think the worst thing they could do is have them be rivals for Ash and co. (in disguise, of course).
    Last edited by flyingblueshellder; 22nd May 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Default re: How will Team Rocket be handled in XY?

To kill them.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Due to how this is more speculation than a game, I'm going to move this to the main section. I've also edited the title to make the topic a bit clearer and less focused on simply the worst things that could happen to Team Rocket.

They can go back to how they were in DP, if not worse (as horrific as that sounds)

Them going back to being total stiffs wouldn't be any fun either.

I'd like there to be a middle ground, but I really, really doubt it
    Last edited by SammyW27; 21st May 2013 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Chasing after Pika - again

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The worst thing they could do is repeat the mistakes they made with the characters in Best Wishes!
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on May 28th, 2015

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't give them any Pokemon. Hell, drop Meowth.

Instead they just use mechanical contraptions. And not the old-school mecha homages and mecha Pokemon, but I mean like the aborted Johnny Five from the Dream Yard episode, and the Rocket helicopter. And those little capture "cubes" they used to capture the Djinn Trio and the Fossil Pokemon.

Default Re: How will Team Rocket be handled in XY?

The only thing i ask for is not to expose them in every episode like older sagas..
    One plot per 10 or so episode works for me, And they better put on a good fight before blasting off again.

Easy. They'll leave the show before it begins. JK. Seriously, though, what is the purpose of keeping them on the show at this point? Comedy relief. Sure, but after 15+ years of the same antics OVER and OVER again-- it does get stale.

If they're going to be X & Y (95% chance of that), give them new styles of comedy to try out (I don't know what, but we definitely need a new comedic TRio at this point).

Honestly TRio used to be my favorite characters on the show. I remember them being the reason why I enjoyed Johto so much despite the fillers. Now, they are just annoying with their same old tired antics. New styles of comedy would def help them to become less stale.

As for the dub, there's no hope anymore, so long as Jimmy Zoppi insists on making them rhyme with Dr. Seuss-esque stuff. It's never going to stop, so I pretty much just ignore TRio in the dub nowadays. Nothing's going to change in that respect, so that's why I say it's hopeless in the dub's case.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 25th May 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    As for the dub, there's no hope anymore, so long as Jimmy Zoppi insists on making them rhyme with Dr. Suess-esque stuff.
    Not to mention the god awful puns, clumsy "jokes" and just plain bad voice acting that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to take them seriously or even know what they're talking about part of the time...

This is why I was glad of the way they were in BW. Say what you will of them as characters, but at least it forced TPCI to write actual dialogue for them instead of making them spout obnoxious gobbledygook (at least for a while).
    Last edited by SammyW27; 22nd May 2013 at 03:40 PM.

I wouldn't mind them acting like how they did in DP, Jessie was good making it to the top 4 in the Grand Festival, Meowth even showed some skills with noodles, and James still fan girl-ed over his bottle caps. They weren't horrible at battling, but not the best either.

I don't want to see them in every episode, but on and off would be nice.

snorlax | rest | dark aura | stick | tea | one-shot | poetry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    I wouldn't mind them acting like how they did in DP, Jessie was good making it to the top 4 in the Grand Festival, Meowth even showed some skills with noodles, and James still fan girl-ed over his bottle caps. They weren't horrible at battling, but not the best either.

I don't want to see them in every episode, but on and off would be nice.
    ^ Basically what he said.

To add, I hope Rocket-dan will stick around for X/Y. The show will just not be the same without them. I hope they will go back to their EpN selves. They were a mix of serious and funny and most of us loved that. Plus I liked Musalina in contests! I also hope they bring other Rocket-dan agents like Kosaburo and Yamato. And bring back Seger-Hakase as well!

[what I REALLY want and it won't happen, but i'd like to see Apollo and Athena step in for Kojiro and Musashi; blasting off and all]

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

I want them to be like in DP but not in every episode. It would be interesting if Jessie used the downtime to appear as a full contest rival, so that she'd be in more direct competition. In DP it was great giving her wins, but she was pushed off to the side quite often with the main interactions happening between Dawn and her rivals. She seemed to get less screen time in the actual contests too. They can try the 2-parter Rocket episode thing again if they want, but only if it doesn't replace the XY team plot and there's nothing as bland as the Subway arc.

This is assuming they even reintroduce contests. I'm hoping there's something like that in XY because it made Ash's female companions much more relevant and there was more to look forward to than just gym battles and battle tournaments.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27
    Say what you will of them as characters, but at least it forced TPCI to write actual dialogue for them instead of making them spout obnoxious gobbledygook (at least for a while).
    The characters in the Japanese version shouldn't have to be sacrificed so that TPCI can be a little less shitty at their jobs.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on May 28th, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27
    Say what you will of them as characters, but at least it forced TPCI to write actual dialogue for them instead of making them spout obnoxious gobbledygook (at least for a while).
    The characters in the Japanese version shouldn't have to be sacrificed so that TPCI can be a little less shitty at their jobs.
    Oh, I know. Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast