How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 9

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    what i want to happen...

Cilan and Iris to go away forever
    ash to go actually win the pokemn league or just qiut, go home to pallet and become a fruit sales man
    A male friend challenges contests instead of a girl for once
    Ashes MAIN rival is a girl not a boy for once ( no i dont include bianca)
    A friend whos a girl who is an athlete and competes in pokeathelon tournments
    To be honest, I hope the bolded doesn't happen. But bias, I guess on my end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelDerp View Post
    I'd like for Ash to pull a Johto, and reuse the Pokemon that he captured in BW in XY, only for them to gradually be replaced by a Pokemon from XY. Like how Squirtle joined the Squirtle Squad, and then a few episodes later Ash picked up Totodile.
    No way.

Ash should ditch his Unova team ASAP, they pretty much all suck. Save Pignite and Krookodile.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    what i want to happen...

Cilan and Iris to go away forever
    ash to go actually win the pokemn league or just qiut, go home to pallet and become a fruit sales man
    A male friend challenges contests instead of a girl for once
    Ashes MAIN rival is a girl not a boy for once ( no i dont include bianca)
    A friend whos a girl who is an athlete and competes in pokeathelon tournments
    To be honest, I hope the bolded doesn't happen. But bias, I guess on my end.
    Fair enough i just want somthing diffrent with his firends/followers for once. The girl charachter definatly needs to do somthing imo or she will be another Iris and live off some silly catchphrase while doing zip all season but i dont want it to be contests AGAIN

Bias on your end ? how so ?

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I do think that cilan and iris (i will miss them tho) are gonna go due to the promotional value of them going (I do think iris will cameo as a champion tho) and they will be replaced with a gym leader or another gym leader/playable girl character in that series to promote gen 6. Just like the previous series does.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Question:

Are we still going to have Ash as the main boy? Again? With Pikachu? Again?? With their brains and levels reset and being stupid?? AGAIN??

...for once I'd like to see someone else other than Ash. Even though I like find him likable in some ways... I think it's time he got off the show and we get a new character. Seriously, we don't need him for 20 friggin' years...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Question:

Are we still going to have Ash as the main boy? Again? With Pikachu? Again?? With their brains and levels reset and being stupid?? AGAIN??

...for once I'd like to see someone else other than Ash. Even though I like find him likable in some ways... I think it's time he got off the show and we get a new character. Seriously, we don't need him for 20 friggin' years...
    We have a couple of threads discussing this

Will Ash still be the main character in Generation VI?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-think-ash-satoshi-should-replaced-114130/

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Question:

We have a couple of threads discussing this

Will Ash still be the main character in Generation VI?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-think-ash-satoshi-should-replaced-114130/
    Yes, thank you very much.

But really, with Gen6, I think they should wrap up Ash's story before the games are out, and we get a brand new Gen6 boy/girl.

So my speculation on the effects of XY on the anime is
    - replacing Ash and moving on.

That should be it.

El_
    Blog Entries

I highly doubt he'll get replaced after the BW2 anime ends, it would look kinda bad honestly at this point but this isn't the thread for that.

I, really really hope this anime is written very differently from how Best Wishes was written. Since they reset Ash in the last saga theres no reason to do so in this one. I'm hoping they'll have him be competent and learn from his many mistakes from the last saga. Let them focus on his team a lot more rather than him catching a lot of new Gen Pokemon and spreading their development thin.

Also, I want the female companion to have an equal role, or even be a sort of rival to Ash as we haven't had anything like that. I wouldn't mind also having a female Brock/Cilian, just so long as she isn't handled like dear Iris was.

& Please, for the love of Arceus have an actual plotline. DP had several plotlines that were very clever and tied together a lot of things, so I would love to see something like that again, not to mention featuring the villains and giving them the spotlight they deserve.

Overall, my expectations have dropped considerably due to Best Wishes, but it would be unfair to say that the X & Y anime will be bad because that one was. Why? Because I figured BW would be awesome because DP was, a mistake. So I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe we'll even get a new anime, I wouldn't mind that either.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the Pokemon XY series, they should get rid of all the shit writers that participated in this saga. Get some decent writers for the next gen anime and we'll be good. No more Iris, either. I wouldn't care either way if Cilan stayed, but I can see him leaving as well. After seeing how badly Iris was handled, they shouldn't bother with giving the next female companion a heavily ambiguous goal that she will hardly ever work at. The anime ruined Iris for me, honestly. They should just bring in the Gen VI heroine like they did for AG and DP. I don't even care if she's a coordinator again. Just let her be better than Iris, please. I had to stop watching BW because of her, along with a plethora of other reasons.
    Hidden Mew, El_ and 8ther like this.

In general, I think it's important to get the show back to the way it was a couple of years back. If that means that the next girl is a co-ordinator, so be it.

-Let's get a female rival who isn't taken as a joke or used as shipping material.
    -Let's get co-stars that contribute to things fairly and balanced, not forced and overexposed.
    -Let's get the starters to evolve, because no one really cares about promotion anyway.

Not going to lie, I kind of miss contests, and if it means that the show will become more balanced, I'm all for it. Promotion may be what this show revolves around, but in DP we had Piplup yet DP still had a story.

Promotion shouldn't stop a story from telling. If it does, the dream is lost and all you have left is a machine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    For the Pokemon XY series, they should get rid of all the shit writers that participated in this saga. Get some decent writers for the next gen anime and we'll be good. No more Iris, either. I wouldn't care either way if Cilan stayed, but I can see him leaving as well. After seeing how badly Iris was handled, they shouldn't bother with giving the next female companion a heavily ambiguous goal that she will hardly ever work at. The anime ruined Iris for me, honestly. They should just bring in the Gen VI heroine like they did for AG and DP. I don't even care if she's a coordinator again. Just let her be better than Iris, please. I had to stop watching BW because of her, along with a plethora of other reasons.
    Its not the writers. They wrote AG and DP as well

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I would really love it if the next female lead is another new trainer. I liked the chemistry Ash had with May and Dawn much more than he had with Misty and especially Iris. Ash being in a more mentor role was kind of nice too, even though he was more of a mentor for May than for Dawn. Plus, being a new trainer would mean that she'd get a starter Pokemon and possibly divide the starters among the cast. Ash would get Chespin, as he always gets the Grass starters, the female lead could get Fennekin and the secondary male character could get Froakie. While I wouldn't mind Ash getting two starters since I think that worked out in DP for the most part, especially when Infernape tied to his rivalry with Paul, having one starter would be a bit more ideal for me.

I also just like being able to see a new rookie trainer in the group and Ash is still around to show a more experienced trainer through Gym battles. I still would have no problems with Contests returning, but if the new games can provide another battle-driven sidequest for the female lead, then I'd be all for it. Seeing the female trainers start off from the beginning of their journeys to moving on their own at the end of the series has been more entertaining and satisfying than how slightly more experienced trainers like Misty and Iris were handled, at least for me.

I think that I would like Cilan to stay since he has been the only replacement for Brock that I have liked, he is an entertaining character and I don't know if they can do that again with another secondary male character. Plus, I like his chemistry with Ash and introducing two new characters right off the bat didn't really work out that well in BW, so I would like for him to stay. It's probably more likely that he'll leave and if that does happen, then hopefully I'll get to like him too.
    El_, Trainer Gabriel and Chronos like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelDerp View Post
    I've got a feeling Cilan will be sticking around for next season. Seeing as how one of the thing's you think of when you think of France, is food. Cilan is unfortunately right down that alley...
    I agree, but I think he should go back to his Gym. He totally ignores Chili and Cress.

I would like the male player character be Ash's partner, but the problem is that Ash will probably get the guy's costume - like he did with Brendan, Lucas, and Hilbert (Brendan was shown briefly though). The female player character would be good too, but they have the option of making her badass (like May) or airheaded (like Dawn). I'd hope they would go with the former instead of the latter. I don't want to see the female player become the Scrappy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    I agree, but I think he should go back to his Gym. He totally ignores Chili and Cress.
    I'm sorry, but what? He totally ignores Chili and Cress? How, exactly?
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I'm sorry, but what? He totally ignores Chili and Cress? How, exactly?
    What I meant was, he does have a responsibility as a Gym Leader.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast