How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 7

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Agent Titanium CrimsonoftheOrder's Avatar

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

I honestly think they should try a new main character. I thought they would do it with Unova (since Sinnoh, battle-wise, was by far Ash's best attempt. It was the only time I've ever seen create strategies for his Pokemon and stick with them if successful or improve them if they failed, evolve almost all of his main team fully, and own a freaking DRAGON type) but they stuck with him and, ultimately, he became a much worse trainer in Unova (Have you SEEN his fourth badge attempt in Unova?)

And with the massive popularity of the animated Black2&White2 trainer it may be clear that people are okay with potential change.

However, I recognize that the odds of this happening are slim to nil at BEST. So, I'd like for them to try and make a slightly more serious plot-line for XY? Unova was also a lot more kiddish than Sinnoh and Sinnoh was actually good if ONLY because of Paul. Trip was a good rival but lacked the intensity Paul did, so, if they tried harder things could be good. I'd actually like for Ash to have a female rival instead of female companion that he meets up with often enough.

Again, never going to happen.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonoftheOrder View Post
    I honestly think they should try a new main character. I thought they would do it with Unova (since Sinnoh, battle-wise, was by far Ash's best attempt. It was the only time I've ever seen create strategies for his Pokemon and stick with them if successful or improve them if they failed, evolve almost all of his main team fully, and own a freaking DRAGON type) but they stuck with him and, ultimately, he became a much worse trainer in Unova (Have you SEEN his fourth badge attempt in Unova?)

And with the massive popularity of the animated Black2&White2 trainer it may be clear that people are okay with potential change.

However, I recognize that the odds of this happening are slim to nil at BEST. So, I'd like for them to try and make a slightly more serious plot-line for XY? Unova was also a lot more kiddish than Sinnoh and Sinnoh was actually good if ONLY because of Paul. Trip was a good rival but lacked the intensity Paul did, so, if they tried harder things could be good. I'd actually like for Ash to have a female rival instead of female companion that he meets up with often enough.

Again, never going to happen.
    I will be really pissed if writer try a new main character before finishing Ash story !
    And I also be pissed if writer make Ash participate in ''Pokemon World Tournament'' and win before he can win a League conference.
    And I will be super pissed if Writer make this trash series Ash's final journey !
    However , If writer actually handle generation VI anime series very well then I don''t Ash being replace afterward.
    However , If Generation VI is Ash's final journey then writer better treat it like Ash's final Journey , Not a new beginning!!!
    In other word , No rebooting , No rookie as main superior rival and No Pathetic defect!
    Writer better show Ash like a trainer who capable of winning the League conference from the very start of the series.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 9th January 2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Hoopa likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this can become a hit or a HUGE fail. Dpending who gets cut chartacterwise. the Player characters for X and Y Do NOT IMPRESS ME THE SLIGHTEST... and would rather have Rosa, nate, Hilbert, Hilda or even Iris take the role of the new protagonists... As coming from a Pokeservative POV, i feel that getting rid of Ash, having a not impressive supporting cast, going to that new animation, and another Reboot for Pikachu and Ash will really make some fans mad because that is the same rehash for many generations.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As BW proved, the writers don't even have to make the next playable girl into the next main character.

One thing that I would find a twist is if they actually make the rival girl next gen, (assuming there's some rival like Bianca), and make HER the next new female lead instead.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Chose ,
    What kind of Ash you want in Generation VI Anime-

-A rebooted rookie Ash (BW)

-A adult-like Ash (AG)

-A Powerful & Mature Ash with Childish personality (Like Red , Gold & Dia from adventure)

I chose the 3rd one !!! (Man I wish I could turn it into a poll)

Something close to AG/DP except maybe using some more of his older pokemon from time to time. Bayleaf must be going mad from not seeing him lol.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You know what would be super cool !
    Ash catching a Fennekin and meet a female rival from another region who has a Zorua.
    8ther likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I never thought Dawn was that popular. She's certainly not as popular as Cilan. Also, it wouldn't have made sense to keep Dawn since Unova doesn't have contests.
    Popularity /=/ Screentime

By that logic I could Iris is staying in the show since her Dragonite is mega-popular in Japan amongst children and she's the Champion in BW2 and because of that her popularity skyrocketed.

Or is the popularity of Dawn and Cilan being based on what we see from the anime forums and online communities?

As much as I'd love it for Cilan to stay, I think he's leaving after BW sadly. I feel like they might prefer more lucrative characters for the current Gen.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 9th January 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling the writers will carry over Ash's experience from BW to the next saga, seeing how his BW self is basically his Kanto self (though slightly more dumber ) it could make XY Ash match late-Johto/early-AG Ash.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Shadow View Post
    I have a feeling the writers will carry over Ash's experience from BW to the next saga, seeing how his BW self is basically his Kanto self (though slightly more dumber ) it could make XY Ash match late-Johto/early-AG Ash.
    I don't writer to carry over Ash's experience just from BW !
    I want Writer to carry over Ash's experience from all his journey .
    Treating Ash like a trainer who indeed conquer ''Battle Frontier'' and beaten Legendary Pokemon.
    Hoopa and The Network like this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    By that logic I could Iris is staying in the show since her Dragonite is mega-popular in Japan amongst children and she's the Champion in BW2 and because of that her popularity skyrocketed.
    If there were any link, it makes the downplaying of Cilan and the Striaton Gym in B2W2 quite puzzling imo - for one anime character to be boosted to Champion status, while the other is almost removed probably shows both that the games do what they like, but also that the anime will choose to focus on characters from the games of their choosing, rather than the ones that could be 'lucrative'.

Both Iris and Cilan were bad choices from a game promotional perspective - you have a 1 in 6 chance of battling both of them assuming you only bought one of the games, because you needed to pick Oshawott and White. They play bit parts in the games otherwise. Perhaps you could argue that it highlights some of the version differences, but they did absolutely nothing with that side of things in the anime (outside of the 14th movie).

Likewise, keeping Brock around didn't help promote the games for all that time, but it worked well enough for the story, someone kept Ash fed and walking in the right direction. Exactly what Cilan's current role boils down to.

Sure Cilan might not stay, but I doubt it will have anything to do with what promotes the games the best, because that clearly hasn't been a pattern in the past selections of who Ash travels with.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

what i want to happen...

Cilan and Iris to go away forever
    ash to go actually win the pokemn league or just qiut, go home to pallet and become a fruit sales man
    A male friend challenges contests instead of a girl for once
    Ashes MAIN rival is a girl not a boy for once ( no i dont include bianca)
    A friend whos a girl who is an athlete and competes in pokeathelon tournments
    Yankees4life and Pokelova like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Hopefully Ash/Team Rocket are not in this saga. Is it too much to ask for a new series based on new characters?
    Nope. The Anime is Ash's story. He's here to stay.
    The Network and Hidden Mew like this.

Blog Entries

Hurrcane kishore makes the most valid points of anyone in this entire topic.

Ash needs to be competent. Not his sidekicks who just drag the show down save Piplup who made DP awesome. This what gen 6 needed above all else.

Thanks for contributing

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Hurrcane kishore makes the most valid points of anyone in this entire topic.

Ash needs to be competent. Not his sidekicks who just drag the show down save Piplup who made DP awesome. This what gen 6 needed above all else.
    You'd better hope they put a new idiot on the main cast so Ash can regain his intelligence then. I'd like that as well.~

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    Cilan and Iris to go away forever
    ash to go actually win the pokemn league or just qiut, go home to pallet and become a fruit sales man
    A male friend challenges contests instead of a girl for once
    Ashes MAIN rival is a girl not a boy for once ( no i dont include bianca)
    A friend whos a girl who is an athlete and competes in pokeathelon tournments
    I hope none of this happens. Except Ash winning the pokemon league for obvious reasons.
    PockyAddict likes this.
    fuck you, sig.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast