How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 6
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Dawn was "popular" and she and that penguin didn't stick around :D :yao:
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Honestly, all I really want is Cilan to stick around! He's <3. And France seems like his kind of place anyway. ^^
    Cilan will prolly not stick around. The writers should learn their lesson from Brock :/
    I agree, I think a Gen 6 guy is probably gonna replace him. And if that's the case, he would be the second shortest male protag (Tracey remains in the 1 spot) since he debuted later than Iris.

I have to wonder how this worldwide thing is gonna do it could kill the anime or at least the dub because voices have to be casted and names of pokemon and towns have to be learned so for the first time ever a game might come out without an anime release to concide with it.

also i have to wonder if bw will mark the end of pokemon we come to know as is next time we see pikachu and ash they both be in full cgi to go with the 3d element.
    Last edited by pokefan2000; 8th January 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I never thought Dawn was that popular. She's certainly not as popular as Cilan. Also, it wouldn't have made sense to keep Dawn since Unova doesn't have contests.

I never thought Dawn was that popular. She's certainly not as popular as Cilan. Also, it wouldn't have made sense to keep Dawn since Unova doesn't have contests.
    Cilan's popularity is roughly the same as most past characters like May, Dawn and pre-Johto Misty/Brock.

The only reason you see people talking about him a lot now is because he's a current main character. The last couple of gens had the same with tons of talk of the previous characters.

I don't think Cilan will stay if they want characters who represent the region.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that Dawn was much more popular than Cilan. She actually got a lot of focus and development during DP, while Cilan, as much as I like him, is mostly just entertaining and lacking in the development department. While Dawn was popular, I think that it was less likely for her to stay since they never kept the same female lead for more than one series before and Unova not having Contest wouldn't have worked for her. With Cilan, he has a better shot since they have kept the secondary male character for more than one series before and there might not be a new character that could fill in Cilan's position in the group. It might not be too likely, but I think he has a decent chance all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan2000 View Post
    I have to wonder how this worldwide thing is gonna do it could kill the anime or at least the dub because voices have to be casted and names of pokemon and towns have to be learned so for the first time ever a game might come out without an anime release to concide with it.

also i have to wonder if bw will mark the end of pokemon we come to know as is next time we see pikachu and ash they both be in full cgi to go with the 3d element.
    I'm pretty sure that this won't be the first time a game came out without a new anime series to tie with it. I'm pretty sure that happened with AG since they aired the first two episodes as a sneak peek way before the series actually premiered. Since the gap between the two versions is much shorter than it was back then, I don't think that the worldwide release of the games is going to be a problem. I also don't know how likely it is that the next series will be in full CGI as I don't think that they can afford something like that for a weekly show like Pokemon.

Blog Entries

I just know for sure the new Grass starter will be the next Oshawott. Mark my words it will take up all the out of battle screentime and never evolve.

How will it effect the anime? Um Ash will go to this new region (France?), he'll catch a bunch of new pokemon, collect 8 badges and enter the league. Along the way he will meet many a game character, the game villainous team will most likely get up to no good and will be stopped by Ash and co.

Here's hoping there a Dark type gym. That would be awesome

While it was obvious what influence it'll have on the anime (most likely the Gym battles and the new monsters introduced), what concerns me is the overall international release of the game; which means that they have to have numerus breaks in order for Pokémon Co. International to catch up with the dubs.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    While it was obvious what influence it'll have on the anime (most likely the Gym battles and the new monsters introduced), what concerns me is the overall international release of the game; which means that they have to have numerus breaks in order for Pokémon Co. International to catch up with the dubs.
    Why would they care about the anime syncing up? It's never been important like in Japan. Plus, there's no way for it to sync worldwide.

Next gen is probably going to be another 4-year generation too. The only reason BW was so short was Nintendo wanted to get a new generation on the 3DS as quickly as possible.

According to the news, X and Y come out in October rather than September, (like BW and DP did), so depending on WHEN in October that is, we could get an extra month of BW episodes. It really makes you wonder how the writers plan to end this saga.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering how writers aren't very keen on keeping characters chances for Iris and even Cilan stay are relatively small. And reuse of older previous companions hasn't happened ever since anime early days when Brock returned to main cast after OI hiatus.

Sadly most likely option judging by past patterns is in Ash following usual, predictable routine of leaving all pokemon at Pallet beside Pikachu, wander of to some new region meeting another two inexperienced characters accompanying him for four years joining afterwards rest of crew of long abandoned and unfinished ex main characters which used to be part of pokemon in its better days.

Speaking of current main cast stay;in reality its not so much about Cilan or Iris having potential and stamina to travel for multiple sagas or not, but more in would fans welcome idea of character sticking longer than usual?
    Any character in theory has potential to last for multiple regions whether we are talking about ex or current traveling companions as long writers are willing to handle them and their stories properly knowing in what directions to take them.

Way i see it Cilan has material to work with in case of stay. In nutshell theoretically he could stick around to balance constant cast cycling out and provide additional familiar face to who people could relate associating series with, but right now all factors ad patterns from past especially after Brock being kicked out despite long stay) are pointing in opposite direction.

So while i wouldn't mind Cilan staying if anything because i would find dreadful to have male companions being replaced so often like females are, in reality his chances aren't very good at all.

With Iris from story standpoint she could have stamina to last past one region assuming writers are willing to develop her plots beyond what was established initially.
    Such as continuing journey to train harder dragon types and explore more on their weaknesses and how to counter them. I could see her adding new pokemon to her team, her Axew is still in baby stage and with champion position from BW2 games writers have whole new direction in which character could be taken. Such as reflecting changes and champion role on anime in less invasive way, trying to end up as champion apprentice.

However much more likely outcome to happen for Iris is being replaced for usual "eye candy" purposes and because of advertizing.

Personally i wouldn't mind them have around for little longer, because im getting tired of constant character replacing and i actually like Iris and Cilan being interested to have them stick for longer than usual 4 years run.

Since i don't see any point in constantly adding new companions when there exists potential in older ones to do more and be further developed, just starting all over again with someone else leaving in half of its growth before he would even get chance to go through more meaningful growth.
    It discourage people from investing in their favorites too when its already known from start how they will end up forever abandoned and unfinished after departure anyway.
    Writers should look up for change imo to other anime like One Piece, Inazuma Eleven Go or Bakugan. They could learn a lot from them and how to keep older characters relevant, when adding new ones.

Cilan will prolly not stick around. The writers should learn their lesson from Brock :/
    To be fair how Brock was handled doesn't necessarily mean how Cilan would follow same road.. Beside staying for one more gen isn't same like staying for 4 generations and 600+ episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

Cilan's popularity is roughly the same as most past characters like May, Dawn and pre-Johto Misty/Brock.
    Im not sure from where such statistics are pulled out but Misty definitely remained just as much popular in and after Johto(during hosos) like she was in Kanto. Likely even more since longer stay allowed for more people to get familiar with her and build on popularity with big demands for return reflecting that only more.

Same goes for Brock, he had massive fanbase in Johto and Hoenn with people interest not starting to dwindle until DP. Even so he still has fairly big following.

I don't think Cilan will stay if they want characters who represent the region.
    To be fair Cilan could be used in same fashion like Ash, TR or Brock before departure was doing mix of old and new with older established cast as its been proven in past having enough stamina to act as representatives of new gen to younger generations associating themselves with this characters.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 9th January 2013 at 06:10 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    What happened to him anyway? Seems like he largely retired from the anime once DP concluded. He's only written a handful of BW episodes. Was DP his last hurrah?
    I wish I knew. I get the feeling there were some internal conflicts during BW, so who knows. It's a shame we're so in the dark about this stuff.

But I get the feeling the writing will be different for sure. And the Rockets will also be back for sure. No way they're going through what happened in BW again.
    Something must happen !
    The Bad writting in BW is too far from being a mistake.
    No Professional Anime writer write their story this Bad .
    I still worried !!!
    Because thing might get even worst in Generation VI Anime series because of this unknown conflict

Blog Entries

I think one of the lessons learnt from BW is that it's far more difficult to introduce a total replacement of all of Ash's travelling partners than it is to swap just one out. Regardless of good/bad writing of what there was, there still would likely not be enough time to do a good job of fleshing out two new characters at the one time, in addition to needing to keep Ash's storyline going along - especially with the pace BW has had.

Max and May are the obvious exception, but a lot of their storyline was written with both of them at once - Max only had a few episodes dedicated to him, and his plot goal was more or less limited to wanting to age, plus they didn't need to manage development of his Pokemon. Meanwhile Brock got some development, but most was able to be carried through from the previous series so they didn't need time introducing him.

I've long thought Cilan will stay and Iris will go - and I think her going to the Opelucid Gym is how her story ends, while Cilan is far more open ended (though that's probably because he's been developed even less than Iris) so he lends himself to continuing. If they do drop both, I hope that Ash travels alone or with just one other character, rather than trying to introduce two new travelling companions at once.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I think one of the lessons learnt from BW is that it's far more difficult to introduce a total replacement of all of Ash's travelling partners than it is to swap just one out. Regardless of good/bad writing of what there was, there still would likely not be enough time to do a good job of fleshing out two new characters at the one time, in addition to needing to keep Ash's storyline going along - especially with the pace BW has had.

Max and May are the obvious exception, but a lot of their storyline was written with both of them at once - Max only had a few episodes dedicated to him, and his plot goal was more or less limited to wanting to age, plus they didn't need to manage development of his Pokemon. Meanwhile Brock got some development, but most was able to be carried through from the previous series so they didn't need time introducing him.

I've long thought Cilan will stay and Iris will go - and I think her going to the Opelucid Gym is how her story ends, while Cilan is far more open ended (though that's probably because he's been developed even less than Iris) so he lends himself to continuing. If they do drop both, I hope that Ash travels alone or with just one other character, rather than trying to introduce two new travelling companions at once.
    I seriously don't want Cilan or any other ''Big brother figure'' tagging along with Ash.
    Actually , It will be better if Ash travel along and occasionally different people join him for few time like ''Star Trainer'' !
    Its embarrassing that all referring Character travel alone and take care of themself while Ash always need 2 bodyguard to look after him.
    Plus As far I see , Ash can't train properly because his friend keep distracting him So I want Ash to travel alone.
    After all , All referring Character has fully evolve Pokemon despite traveling alone but Ash still has babies even though he travel in a group.
    Also , If B2W2 Animated Promo become a series then Nate obviously will travel alone but most people accept that and still want that series to be animated.
    So , I guess they shouldn't have any problem in Ash traveling alone .

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast