How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 5

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Blog Entries

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    What happened to him anyway? Seems like he largely retired from the anime once DP concluded. He's only written a handful of BW episodes. Was DP his last hurrah?
    I wish I knew. I get the feeling there were some internal conflicts during BW, so who knows. It's a shame we're so in the dark about this stuff.
    I get that feeling too. I think Tomioka had a plan for 5th gen, but was overruled by the executive producers, and didn't want to be part of the anime again.

Just my guess. Tomioka did write the Plasma Rocket episodes, and perhaps he was crushed when they didn't air, that he just didn't have any spirit to continue anymore. Just another guess.
    ----

I actually am curious to know how 6th generation anime will work out. I'm hoping for something nice. 5th gen was promising, but turned out to be a disappointment.
    Owain likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I would so love a plot in the new games for the female lead to do in the next series. It wouldn't necessarily have to be Contests, although I certainly wouldn't mind those coming back, but some kind of goal that could allow for the female lead to be more active so that she and her Pokemon can have a better chance for decent development. I can't think of what else they could do besides Contests for that, but something to force them to use the female character more often, as opposed to just every once in awhile, would be wonderful.
    Mikuri and martianmister like this.

If Contests coming back to the show and having Team Rocket back to their usual standards is what it takes for the series to go back to DP standards, maybe even greater, than I'm all for it.

I'd love for Cilan to travel to the next region and become a Coordinator, now that'd be worth seeing. It'd be cool if he and the main girl(If Iris does in fact lead) would both be co-ordinators, granted we'd see more than 10 contests given but it'd be pretty unique.

What about a tag team brother and sister duo that enters into tag tournaments as a profession, I wouldn't mind that. I know I speak for a large portion of the fanbase when I say that if battling ain't involved someway, I doubt many people would be interested. Decent battling, I might add. Something to get the crowd going, interesting rivals(even if thrown in last minute, as well as character development for the character and their pokemon.

Receiving Generation 6 news has been the highlight of 2013 in terms of Pokemon anything because truthfully Best Wishes just did not deliver. I'm up for new things, other wise how on Earth would this show have progressed at one point in time, but it has to be better than BW. The writers have dropped the ball and the only way to get it back in their grasps is to simply make Generation 6 a total 180 from BW.

Cheap wins, boring rivals, rushed evolutions, not enough evolutions, lack of screentime is not what I want as a fan, doubt it's what anyone else would want, but unfortunately that's what BW gave us and that is what Generation 6, must not be!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, with Pokemon X and Y being released in most parts of the world simultaneously in October 2013, the BW anime will most likely end in early to mid September.

As far as the Pokemon XY anime goes, I'm expecting a new female lead (presumably the female playable character) to replace the current one (Iris), as the writers have done in every anime since AG. Cilan will probably stay around since the writers have yet to indicate what he might be doing after the end of the BW series.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

As long as it isn't a total fucking mess like BW was, I really don't care.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Whatever happens with Ash remains to be seen, especially with wherever he's going to next.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    What happened to him anyway? Seems like he largely retired from the anime once DP concluded. He's only written a handful of BW episodes. Was DP his last hurrah?
    I wish I knew. I get the feeling there were some internal conflicts during BW, so who knows. It's a shame we're so in the dark about this stuff.
    I get that feeling too. I think Tomioka had a plan for 5th gen, but was overruled by the executive producers, and didn't want to be part of the anime again.

Just my guess. Tomioka did write the Plasma Rocket episodes, and perhaps he was crushed when they didn't air, that he just didn't have any spirit to continue anymore. Just another guess.
    ----

I actually am curious to know how 6th generation anime will work out. I'm hoping for something nice. 5th gen was promising, but turned out to be a disappointment.
    What makes you think that he had any such plan but was overruled. Not that it isn't possible, I'm just wondering if you guys no something I don't.

what if at the end of the unova adventures, the head of the battle pyramid reappears, says one of the pyramid leaders have fallen ill and they want ash to be a temporary replacement seeing as he is a pyramid champ, and ash accepts to be the temporary leader, known as the one with the worlds most powerful pikachu?, thus allowing the new anime to start with a new lead, but you can still allow ash to appear at some point interacting with the new lead somehow..

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Right now, I'm mostly curious to see how they'll handle the starters. As in, will they continue with the old approach that BW resumed, in having them all go to Ash, or will they return to the Hoenn/Sinnoh tactic of distributing them amongst his travelling companions?

On a related note, Chespin looks to be the most obvious successor to Oshawott/Piplup (comedic secondary mascot character).

If Ash getting all 3 starters means that all 3 will have an evolution block for better promotion than I'd rather him just get one and have that one evolve all the way, you know go the Sceptile route.

This show really needs to get back to the AG and DP standards and leave BW standards at the door when entering into the new saga.

If Cilan stays so should Burgundy I might add, same with Iris and Georgia. I wonder if that's why their screentime and development has been limited? Suppose indeed they were meant to be in another series.

Iris is much too powerful though; I can't see them bringing her to another region with her team as it is right now, unless it was simply Axew and Emolga, but even so they most likely will only focus on Gen 6.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Another couple of gym leaders joining Ash here, nothing else. Unless something drastic is leaked...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Honestly, all I really want is Cilan to stick around! He's <3. And France seems like his kind of place anyway. ^^

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by GolfDude View Post
    what if at the end of the unova adventures, the head of the battle pyramid reappears, says one of the pyramid leaders have fallen ill and they want ash to be a temporary replacement seeing as he is a pyramid champ, and ash accepts to be the temporary leader, known as the one with the worlds most powerful pikachu?, thus allowing the new anime to start with a new lead, but you can still allow ash to appear at some point interacting with the new lead somehow..
    I can't really see that happening. Ash would want to keep traveling, exploring new regions, catch new Pokemon and make new friends. Plus, I still think it's far too late to bring in a new lead, even if Ash kept appearing every once in awhile. It just wouldn't work.

As for the starters, I would love it if they did go back to distributing the starters among his traveling companions. That worked really well in AG and DP since Ash got a team that wasn't half of starters, more of his Pokemon got a chance to evolve and it was refreshing to see other characters in the main cast to have starter Pokemon. I do agree that Chespin look like it could take up the comedic secondary mascot role from Piplup and Oshawott though based on its design. I'd also prefer for Ash to not capture more than five or six Pokemon in the next region. While capturing more so he could rotate his team was an interesting idea, I don't think it really worked out that well in BW, so I'd much rather see them go back to Ash slowly building up his team so that they can get a better chance for decent screentime/development.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Honestly, all I really want is Cilan to stick around! He's <3. And France seems like his kind of place anyway. ^^
    Cilan will prolly not stick around. The writers should learn their lesson from Brock :/
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Cilan will prolly not stick around. The writers should learn their lesson from Brock :/
    What are you talking about? I think Cilan has a good chance of staying. He's popular and better than Brock. And just because they keep Cilan for another region doesn't mean they'll pull a Brock and make him stay for two more after that.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast