How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 16

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    And since Ash has to go to a new region, they'll definitely downgrade him worse than in BW.
    I don't know how much more they can downgrade him more than what he is in Best Wishes. Anymore than that would mean he should just be a new character.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

So, for starters, I'd like a female companion with a real good story arc, I'd think it'd best if she herself doesn't know what she will do yet, like May in AG, except without the Pokémon hate thing, maybe she'd have an awesome rogue-like personality (think Blue[girl Blue, not guy Blue] from PokéSpe), and perhpas even ''betray'' Ash by handing Pikachu to the speculated genetics-based evil team, and then feel bad for what she did and try to atone for her actions, that would be pretty sweet.

Hopefully the impact of having a whole cast will be takened into affect. Make the second main boy do something please? Make the girl cook for a change please?

A female rival for Ash who isn't treated as a joke.

People do realize that the last competent female rival of sorts Ash seemed to face was Katie in the Hoenn League, and that seems like ages ago. Why are the writers giving off the impression that if you aren't a female co-ordinator than you aren't competent enough to be a rival for Ash?

I think Bel was loved by many, but she was treated as a joke come League time. I know Cynthia is seen as omnipotent, but Ash not only has yet to face her but she can't just be the only female with credibility.

The writers have missed giving Ash a female League rival even these past two Leagues, what in the world do the writers have against female trainer rivals?

There doesn't have to be any shipping involved, although it would be nice if she was bitchy but lovable and challenged Ash while Ash challenged her.

Blog Entries

I just posted a thread about a speculation that the worldwide release will caused that the XY anime series would air earlier in Japan at the end of summer to help the dub airing XY episodes when the US version of the games will be released.
    First and all, it's that we expect CoroCoro to start covering XY in May when the Rumble U game would be released.

But if they air in Japan earlier, they will be made sure of some things:
    -Every pokemon that appears in the anime in the pre-release period will appear on CoroCoro/Oha Suta/Pokemon Smash/Nintendo Direct/Official site/Other sources before the anime episode would came out. The maximum thing that we should expect is a case where they reveal a name in the Newtype summaries about a pokemon that appears in the next issue.

-But there's so few pokemon now when the series airs? But remember that CoroCoro will have revealed around 20-25 pokemon in this case to being promoted in the anime.
    -The anime will try to evade as much as possible revealing places not known to the public.
    -The same will be for characters present in the XY games unless they intentionally hide them for being in the games.
    -The episodes that could air before the game release are 8 at maximum. They can decide not to air a Gym Battle until after the games come out.
    -And we know now that older pokemon will be in the game. The statements of that we can play with our favourites in the trailer, the trailer having past pokemon (In BW the pre-release information almost NEVER had past pokemon) and Sylveon's existence confirms that older pokemon will be int he game and in the anime. The anime could use those to not cause a lack of pokemon i nt he series.
    -And finally, the series will air at the peak of the pre-release promotion. And the anime promotes the games in the first place.

What dso you think of this idea?
    8ther and Velvet like this.

Blog Entries

Default New series to start in October

A merchandise-related pamphlet has revealed that a new series based on the XY games will start in October. No further information is known.

This is hardly surprising, but some people thought that the series might start earlier, and now we know otherwise. We still don't know what will happen in the last two months of Best Wishes.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New series to start in October

Since the DA! arc ends early, they're probably going to use this time to give Team Rocket and Giovanni a finale in Kanto. I don't believe we'll be seeing TR continue in the series, and their return to comedy was a '"last hurrah" for the characters so they can leave the way people remembered them over the course of the show, not the serious versions.

Blog Entries

Not a surprise really. The question is whether it will feature Satoshi or not.

Blog Entries

If they are getting rid of both Iris and Cilan (as the "sayonara" on the poster suggests), and if TR leave too, they probably should just wrap Ash up. Give him a series of specials or a mini-series where he re-enters the Indigo League with all his older pokemon and then challenges the Elite 4. They can have Ash lose to the Champion and still wrap it up, his last episode will be setting out on an adventure we never see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    If they are getting rid of both Iris and Cilan (as the "sayonara" on the poster suggests), and if TR leave too, they probably should just wrap Ash up. Give him a series of specials or a mini-series where he re-enters the Indigo League with all his older pokemon and then challenges the Elite 4. They can have Ash lose to the Champion and still wrap it up, his last episode will be setting out on an adventure we never see.
    You should stop setting yourself up for disappointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    You should stop setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Its very similar to the Brock situation. There was not a single indication of him leaving towards the end of DP, no foreshadowing, no major indication from the next games, etc. His reason to leave literally happened in the second to last episode of DP.

A TR finale probably wouldn't be more than 3 episodes anyway, the same length as the Galactic finale. They'd wrap up Giovanni and the organization, Jessie/James/Meowth would disband and they'd get whatever closure the writers gave them.

Blog Entries
    Follow Chime Nume On Twitter Add Chime Nume on Facebook Add Chime Nume on Google+
    Follow Chime Nume on Tumblr Visit Chime Nume's Youtube Channel

Well, okay, this is not surprising at all. Seeing as X and Y are coming out in October so is the anime. Not strange timing at all. Not surprising that Iris and Cilan aren't coming with him to Karos, really, it would be surprising to not see Team Rocket though. Anyway, I doubt this will be Ash's last adventure--kids won't want to watch if there is no Ash.
    fidjnr likes this.

Ever Grande City. The most amazing forum on the internet! Come on down and join EGC today!
    Banner made by me.

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Lol this is a random comment but, I'm more interested in the Pichu+Egg advert on the left panel than the news... :P It's sooo cute!

On the topic, do people actually think they're scrap Ash lol? I mean, if they can wrap it up nicely as some of the earlier comments say, then it's cool, but I think people are forgetting Ash's Pikachu is the one with all the popularity here.......... :P

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

I sincerely doubt that Ash or the TRio are going anywhere any time soon.

Blog Entries

They could always continue it by having a new character with a Pikachu... It is possible... But unlikely

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast