How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 14

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Blog Entries

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

I want some more rivals that are less comidic not completely humorless but some competency would be nice
    97SaturnSL1 and PockyAddict like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Ash gets two new traveling companions..

- Ash would pretty much be the same Pikachu would travel with him and Scraggy would come too(wishful thinking) he would catch a loner Froakie that was abused by it's old trainer and of course the bird.
    - The female traveling companion is on a journey to record data on all the Pokemon from the new region for the professor sometime early on the season she would pick up a new goal as well. Whenever a new Pokemon appears she would be the one to dex it(Ash would do it every once in a while) her starter Pokemon would be Chespin.
    -The male traveling companion is fairly different than both Cilan and Brock. He is smug and very confident in his abilities he also tends to bicker with Ash from time to time his main Pokemon is Fennekin.

---
    Team Rocket would still be around
    The rival would have Fennekin as well.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Iris staying. Yeah, I know it won't happen, but still. Dent can leave, I couldn't care less about him. If she stays, I would like to see her with Fennekin to annoy her haters. Satoshi should catch the Grass starter and only it, like he did in Hoenn and evolve it to the last stage... I would like him to catch and evolve the Water starter instead, but I know it's impossible.

I want a main rival like Kenyan or a main female rival (won't happen, I know). Actually, any rival that isn't like Kotetsu is good for me, even if a new Shinji.

Finally, Satoshi shouldn't catch more than five or six Pokémon. That is all.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Something random that just popped into my head - I wonder what the design of the Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny will be and whether they go back to Chansey, use Audino or there's a Gen VI Pokemon that will come in to be in Pokemon Centers. Personally I like the new Joy and the old Jenny - and hope for Chansey to return, but I could see them changing them all again.

It's weird that Pokemon Centers don't form as much of the anime as they did in previous regions - especially past BW050. Did we really just have those Pokemon Center scenes in past regions for Brock's sake? Or is it just a victim of BW's pace and should go back to normal in the next region? I think the scenes of finally making the Pokemon Center are good because they help put a bit more context on the amount of travelling done - I don't like how BW just goes from city to city with very little in between, and certainly not a time difference based on how far it is between places.
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I'd like to see Iris staying. Yeah, I know it won't happen, but still. Dent can leave, I couldn't care less about him. If she stays, I would like to see her with Fennekin to annoy her haters. Satoshi should catch the Grass starter and only it, like he did in Hoenn and evolve it to the last stage... I would like him to catch and evolve the Water starter instead, but I know it's impossible.

I want a main rival like Kenyan or a main female rival (won't happen, I know). Actually, any rival that isn't like Kotetsu is good for me, even if a new Shinji.

Finally, Satoshi shouldn't catch more than five or six Pokémon. That is all.
    Dento didn't get much of any thing though, if any thing hes likely to stay than Iris, we've already got a good idea of her ending and she had a good character arc.
    I do agree, not that many Pokemon of his got as much attention as they deserved cuz of how many Pokemon he had so maybe its for the best if he didn't catch as much.

I honestly can't wait for the new series to start, my gosh I've hated the Best Wishes series so far. I'm looking forward to this new girl.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Dento didn't get much of any thing though, if any thing hes likely to stay than Iris, we've already got a good idea of her ending and she had a good character arc. I do agree, not that many Pokemon of his got as much attention as they deserved cuz of how many Pokemon he had so maybe its for the best if he didn't catch as much.

I honestly can't wait for the new series to start, my gosh I've hated the Best Wishes series so far. I'm looking forward to this new girl.
    "Not getting much of anything" isn't a reason to make him stay, but I agree with you that he didn't get much development through the series. I don't hate Dent or anything, but I would pick Iris instead of him any day. She is my favorite female companion along Kasumi. Anyways, I hope the supposedly new girl has a personality alike Kasumi or Haruka and she better be based on a Gym Leader/NPC instead of that new female protagonist of XY.

I don't hate Best Wishes, but they kinda ruined the show in the last... twenty episodes or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Dento didn't get much of any thing though, if any thing hes likely to stay than Iris, we've already got a good idea of her ending and she had a good character arc. I do agree, not that many Pokemon of his got as much attention as they deserved cuz of how many Pokemon he had so maybe its for the best if he didn't catch as much.

"Not getting much of anything" isn't a reason to make him stay, but I agree with you that he didn't get much development through the series. I don't hate Dent or anything, but I would pick Iris instead of him any day. She is my favorite female companion along Kasumi. Anyways, I hope the supposedly new girl has a personality alike Kasumi or Haruka and she better be based on a Gym Leader/NPC instead of that new female protagonist of XY.

I don't hate Best Wishes, but they kinda ruined the show in the last... twenty episodes or so.
    The new girl having Hikari's personality and a chespin that never stays in would be the tops :D

Hopefully Iris can give dragonite to Ash as a good bye gift.
    djulienr likes this.

I think handling the co-stars to Ash himself is what also will make or break this saga.

May probably had the best growth in terms of her goal and her character because we got to see her defeat her main rival, yet still have lots of growing to do and ultimately she went from a girl who couldn't stand Pokemon to actually befriending two she didn't even capture herself.

Ultimately, it'd be ideal for the co-stars or at least one to have a rival who they struggle against and eventually end up beating. I know that wasn't Zoey's purpose and damn sure wasn't Georgia's apparently(although I wish it was), but at the end of the day you really feel for the character if they make that triumphant victory over the person they've tried so long to.

Dawn beat Ursua three times which got repetitive and she never beat Zoey and we all know how Iris and Georgia ended things.

What I'm saying is this: AG Ash didn't have any recurring rivals, which was fine, so if Ash having no rivals means he'll get some sense back, that's fine. However, that doesn't mean his co-stars shouldn't have rivals, because May still did.

Oh, and in terms of a female co-star, the next one doesn't have to be girly to be good. The writers tried with Kasumi but she ended up doing too little, while Iris ended up doing too much. If they want to make an epic tomboyish female on the main cast, they really need to find a medium.

The show should never lose sight that Ash is the star, but should also never ignore his friends.
    Owain likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest I'm not even sure I want the next female to be a co-star again. Sure it'd be nice to see the female do a bit more again, but I don't need to see another girl whose going to wind up being too similar to Dawn or May before that.

They just need to find the right balance, something they've never quite done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    To be honest I'm not even sure I want the next female to be a co-star again. Sure it'd be nice to see the female do a bit more again, but I don't need to see another girl whose going to wind up being too similar to Dawn or May before that.

They just need to find the right balance, something they've never quite done.
    That's the thing though: they've never, at least in my opinion, have had a tomboyish female character who had well balanced screentime and story. Misty left a lot to be desired and Iris left a lot to be rushed.

May wasn't the girliest character of all time, but she still was a novice when she first started who found things to be cute at times. It'd be nice to get a female character on the main cast who wasn't so girly, yet didn't know it all to begin with either.

Something opposite from May and Dawn, but with similar screentime would be new for this show.

Also, if the co-stars are going to have goals, their should be at least some active competitions that must be won to achieve them. I can only take "dreaming on the sidelines" for so long.

Blog Entries

I agree with the notion that Ash shouldn't catch all three starters again, giving him one (or maybe two) would be ideal. Giving him all three starters didn't really work out well this saga, or in Johto for that matter. But if you're going to give him all three, don't give him seven other Pokemon. When you have this situation, screen-time is even more of an issue.
    Last edited by Masurao; 22nd January 2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Reila and Pokémon Master Ash like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I agree with the notion that Ash shouldn't catch all three starters again, giving him one (or maybe two) would be ideal. Giving him all three starters didn't really work out well this saga, or in Johto for that matter. But if you're going to give him all three, don't give him seven other Pokemon. When you have this situation, screen-time is even more of an issue.
    There's nothing wrong with giving Ash all the starters. When they get shoved in our faces just to sell more plushies that's when things get hairy.

They should all get the Torterra treatment only with actual wins in their 3rd form.

They start out strong, become the backbone of the team in stage 2, and evolve fully near the end to make the team look really awesome.
    Last edited by Hoopa; 22nd January 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I'd like Ash to actually, ya know, not be a complete idiot this time around. I mean, when I was watching the few episodes of BW that I've seen, I facepalmed so many times wondering just how Ash got this friggin stupid.

Also, all this talk of companions reminds me of Doctor Who. Haha.

I like plots. Plots are cool. I can't testify to the plot-driven forces of the DP saga as I haven't seen it (the most I've seen are a couple of the movies), but an actual plot in the series would be nice. Instead of just going "oh hey look we're going to this new town for really no reason OH MY GOD LOOK A NEW POKEMON WE HAVE TO SAVE IT oh god here's team rocket again I NEED TO DO A GYM BATTLE RTFN" every single episode, which is incredibly exhausting after a while.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Hopefully Iris can give dragonite to Ash as a good bye gift.
    Hopefully Iris is staying and Kairyu will be given to some COTD. Haha.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    I think handling the co-stars to Ash himself is what also will make or break this saga.

May probably had the best growth in terms of her goal and her character because we got to see her defeat her main rival, yet still have lots of growing to do and ultimately she went from a girl who couldn't stand Pokemon to actually befriending two she didn't even capture herself.

Ultimately, it'd be ideal for the co-stars or at least one to have a rival who they struggle against and eventually end up beating. I know that wasn't Zoey's purpose and damn sure wasn't Georgia's apparently(although I wish it was), but at the end of the day you really feel for the character if they make that triumphant victory over the person they've tried so long to.

Dawn beat Ursua three times which got repetitive and she never beat Zoey and we all know how Iris and Georgia ended things.

What I'm saying is this: AG Ash didn't have any recurring rivals, which was fine, so if Ash having no rivals means he'll get some sense back, that's fine. However, that doesn't mean his co-stars shouldn't have rivals, because May still did.

Oh, and in terms of a female co-star, the next one doesn't have to be girly to be good. The writers tried with Kasumi but she ended up doing too little, while Iris ended up doing too much. If they want to make an epic tomboyish female on the main cast, they really need to find a medium.

The show should never lose sight that Ash is the star, but should also never ignore his friends.
    the real question should be, will there be any co-stars?? The writers got rid of them already and it is very clear that they're not coming back...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast